Trading on a Mac

Why don't you just use wine or mono? Although I don't approve of Mono.
Mono is one software which is updated with a very high frequency. What works one day..may not work another day & work again in a few days. Unless of course, application is highly & regularly tested by the application developer and bugs posted.

Indiabulls provides linux version of their software.
That's great news. I'll check it out as soon as I can. Linux App would mean more password security from viruses. We have only one computer in our office using Windoze....rest all are Linux, except for my Mac laptop.

lazytrader

Mono is one software which is updated with a very high frequency. What works one day..may not work another day & work again in a few days. Unless of course, application is highly & regularly tested by the application developer and bugs posted.

That's great news. I'll check it out as soon as I can. Linux App would mean more password security from viruses. We have only one computer in our office using Windoze....rest all are Linux, except for my Mac laptop.
You've been using windows before Mac, haven't you?

You've been using windows before Mac, haven't you?
I haven't really used windoze since 2000....9 years now. only the accountant uses it in our office though if some troubleshooting to be done...I do it.

I have been using all this while and since high end linux laptops were not available, I got a Mac, so I can run linux/unix based programs on it, as Mac to is unix derived. Its hell of a GUI based OS, even though it does not provide the freedom of linux :D

lazytrader

I haven't really used windoze since 2000....9 years now. only the accountant uses it in our office though if some troubleshooting to be done...I do it.

I have been using all this while and since high end linux laptops were not available, I got a Mac, so I can run linux/unix based programs on it, as Mac to is unix derived. Its hell of a GUI based OS, even though it does not provide the freedom of linux :D
Watch Pirates of Silicon Valley

Hi
I would like to know if you got any trading platform running on mac. I am in the same boat. Would need something for mac. I know kotak does not offer keat pro for mac.

Any ideas

Thanks

Sam

I use a XP Virtual Machine on VirtualBox + Sharekhan's TradeTiger. Works very well.
To make life easier, you can try one of the stripped down XP distro (like TinyXP, Extreme Edition, etc.)
Do you think Kotak Keat Pro will work the same way on mac
Please suggest I am really thinking of buying a mac apple book pro

Regards

Sam

Too late for you Sam....but in the interests of anyone else who looks up the same info here later...
Indiabulls has a java version that works on Mac or even Linux.
Interactive Brokers has a great software with a version for mac.

don't know about anyone else.

regarding buying a mac....u gotta love legal software to do that n bear with its minor quirks....mine will not build a ringtone from music unless its bought from itunes...and multiple small issues...

I personally think Mac has outlived its time....Apple is now an iPhone company...it so happens it sells Macs too....cause its such a great marketing machine..

I don't think when I next buy a notebook, it will be a Mac....but then...I will not buy an iPhone too...tells much about my sense...when the whole world is buying one...n i guess by now aliens would be wanting to check one out too ;-)

Last edited:
Sorry to bump a really old thread. I started this thread almost 5 years when all of us mac users were in a minority.

I remember seeing some software on a forum once and asked, " Does this run on a mac ?" And the answer was, " Sorry you need to use a real computer." Typing this out on my iPad right now :)

Kotak seems to have released their KEAT Pro for mac users. Any other brokerages out there offering their softwares for mac users. I heard of Sharekhan but not sure.

Cheers.