Trading on a Mac

lazytrader

I hope that will change as mobile computing gets more popular.

Forget about actual trading. Even the so-called customer care with Geojit works "best" with Internet Explorer. Viewing the ledger with any browser other than IE just doesn't work.
Same issue with Motilal Oswal.

lazytrader

Are u sure?
I heard from tht trump a/c brokerages are charged on both legs even for intra-day
STT is charges on the sell leg only. Brokerage is charged on both sides (not speaking about religare. this is how it is with my broker).

STT makes a huge part of the charges in intraday.

S S

PC vs Mac on Youtube are for kids..........
Good attempt to start the fight. But such things can be said only by those, who have neither seen nor worked on a Mac.

It is like saying that Mercedese or BMW car is for poors. Talk about Indica v/c Bajaj scooters.

:rofl:

lazytrader

I am not on any side. It's just rich kids who have nothing to do whipping up a storm for no reasons. I switched from PC to Linux, I have nothing again PC. I just feel Linux is better in someways. People who have things to won't rant about which is good.

Make the switch and carry on with your work. It is as simple as that.
My attempt is not to start a fight but just to point out that if you do want to do some real comparision then good quality tech resource/ reviews are required. Youtube is niether. :)

S S

I am not on any side.......
I am.

It is like saying :
"I shifted from Scooter to a Motorbyke. I don't know about cars. I am NOT on any side."

Car user wants to ignore the two wheelers. In fact, car user feels that two wheelers are pain in the a....
:D

Likewise for the Mac user looking at non-Mac Laptops and Desktops.

Anyway. This thread is for Mac users looking for a solution for getting a trading platform by using Mac..... which is non-existent so far.

I request guys to avoid discussing STT, brokerage and other issues, for which there are other threads. Thanks in advance.

Read the thread from the begginning and you would know why.

I am using Interactive Brokers TWS on my Mac. In addition, I use the Parallels Software to run Windows under emulation in Mac & use Odin with local brokers...works like a dream. In addition, I have a copy of whole OS on file, so if the original gets a problem, say virus or corruption...I can just fire the second copy to run the software & finish my trade, before fixing my software.

Hope it helps.

I am not on any side. It's just rich kids who have nothing to do whipping up a storm for no reasons. I switched from PC to Linux, I have nothing again PC. I just feel Linux is better in someways. People who have things to won't rant about which is good.
Though offtopic, but what trading software do you use on linux. I use CentOS & Fedora on my Desktop :D

lazytrader

I use a XP Virtual Machine on VirtualBox + Sharekhan's TradeTiger. Works very well.
To make life easier, you can try one of the stripped down XP distro (like TinyXP, Extreme Edition, etc.)
Why don't you just use wine or mono? Although I don't approve of Mono.

Indiabulls provides linux version of their software.
I dont use linux to trade. XP for trading.