Trading on a Mac

rag_bh

friend, Why care about platform when you are a positional trader. You can just make a call and ask the Customer Service executive to buy/sell shares on your behalf.

You can watch live prices at nseindia.com bseindia.com or money.rediff.com or y ahoo finance.

Since you are a swing/positional trader, you should opt for lowest brokerage possible, which is "Justtrade" from bajaj capital. visit www.justtrade.in. The brokerage is zero!!! for prepaid offer.
Screenshot in the website:Justtrade WatchList(15 min delay)
Is that market watch window?
Couldn't find any plans there?

S S

friend, Why care about platform when you are a positional trader. You can just make a call and ask the Customer Service executive to buy/sell shares on your behalf........
A Techie hates phone calls. He/she would carry out all the transactions online, using his laptop/desktop, which could be PC or Mac.

It is evident that you do NOT know what a Mac is, or else you would NOT have raised the issue of the platform.

Please note that this all discussion is taking place, because there is NO PLATFORM for trading for those, who use Mac [and hate PCs]

Just see the PC vs Mac clips on "youtube" website and you shall know why.

Cheers!
SS

lazytrader

Screenshot in the website:Justtrade WatchList(15 min delay)
Is that market watch window?
Couldn't find any plans there?
Don't go for bajaj hindustan. it seems during high volume their terminal not just disconnects but doesn't connect back. They use the same backend as motilal oswal does. Don't trade, even for a "all expenses paid" account with such brokers.

lazytrader

no idea. but I would say finding people using religare on linux will be very very very hard. No one uses linux in the first place. I've tried with Motilal oswals system on linux the java part works but it requires IE for the HTML part to work. Getting IE to work with java on linux is quite complicated. I would say better to use wine with ODIN. Fcharts works beautifully with wine as well.

A Techie hates phone calls. He/she would carry out all the transactions online, using his laptop/desktop, which could be PC or Mac.

It is evident that you do NOT know what a Mac is, or else you would NOT have raised the issue of the platform.

Please note that this all discussion is taking place, because there is NO PLATFORM for trading for those, who use Mac [and hate PCs]

Just see the PC vs Mac clips on "youtube" website and you shall know why.

Cheers!
SS
What I know is MAC is based on BSD source, and it is unix. So, theoritically trading in MAC should work with Web based interfaces, to say the least.

Regarding Java applets, i think java applets work in mac. Though there are "web only" interface where there is no JAVA applet involved. Like Race-lite in Religare or EasyTrade of Reliancemoney or JustLite of justtrade.in.

I've been trading Using Linux os (slackware, frugalware, opensuse , kubuntu) for a few years now. My software is RacePro 4.3, Java 1.6 using Wine.

As the person with the query is not "active" for trading, he should use "web only" interface or use phone calls for the stuff.

BTW, Indian Brokers care a damn about Industry Standards and Software Platforms. Whining about "no software support on XXX platform" won't help!
A curt statement from the broker would be - "Use Windows if you want to make money, else bug off."

vasa1

.....BTW, Indian Brokers care a damn about Industry Standards and Software Platforms. Whining about "no software support on XXX platform" won't help!
A curt statement from the broker would be - "Use Windows if you want to make money, else bug off."
I hope that will change as mobile computing gets more popular.

Forget about actual trading. Even the so-called customer care with Geojit works "best" with Internet Explorer. Viewing the ledger with any browser other than IE just doesn't work.