Trading Log - Forward Testing with $30K combine

Tlahuicole

1. Backtests will save you a lot of time (and maybe money too). From your comments, it appears to me that your strategy is backtestable. Go for it. Save time. You can do a 100 backtests in the time that you complete 1 forward test.

2. Don't stick with a strategy unless it is thoroughly working for you. There are thousands of strategies out there. So, there's no point in tweaking (curve fitting?) a strategy that is just breakeven. Try out/backtest different strategies, but stick with only those that you think match your personality and can be sustained by you.

3. Focus a lot on money management. Analyze how the strategy will scale up in the future. The whole point of this business to be make your account big.

4. You had mentioned about your relative who only traded the day open. How is he doing? Have you tested his strategy?
Hi Bro,

1. I have back tested the strategy, it gave around 8% returns with drawdown less than 5%, If I risk 0.5% per trade. I am forward testing this strategy, as my goal is to get funded with a prop firm and am not able to achieve it. Even though I make decent profit in indian markets with a different strategy, my ambition is to become a propreiatary trader in a high capital base firm. So, I am trying this methodology to suit the funding conditions of topstep trader.

2. It works well for me, but as you see I have some psychology issues, I am not able to show consistency and I have taken 4 trades where there was mistake in entry.

3. I have planned it, once it shows results near to that of backtesting, I can scale up but first goal is to get funding with a proprietary trading firm.

4. He is doing well and he was the one who suggested me to get funding from a prop firm apart from trading my own money as it pushes you to whole new level, currently he is trading his own money in market open time of asian time as well as working for a reputed prop firm based in Singapore that has its HQ in Dubai. I was not able to trade his strategy as it had lost of restrictions for entry and exit and I was not able to quickly iterate everything before taking the trade. Also, he trades on 15 sec time frame which am not able to do as it seems very fast for me.