Trading Log for 2013

Tlahuicole

Had a good trading day today, was not able to update real time since am handling double the lot size from today. Since, today I am trading with twice the amount of lots as before, so need to get to used to it a little bit before continuing posting real time in my log.

A good session is always encouraging today's trading sessions. Just one trade which was short in NF and it gave good returns. God please bless me with such days atleast once per week :D

augubhai

whereas he trades in the first hour only. He scalps for first hour and then closes his trade well within 45 minutes that is by 10:30 he will be free to pursue his other interests.

Great feeling. I was showing my track record to him and he was showing his to me. There were vast differences as our methods differed, but only similarity was both us used a simple method without much of indicators.

He :-
1)Uses adx indicator alone with candlesticks
2)does around 5 trades a day all are scalps
3)trades on 1 min tf over 5 min tf

Me:-
1)Uses support and resistance alone with candlesticks
2)does around 4 trades a day
3)trades on 5 min tf over 30 min tf

His returns were great last year, and he was able to afford to open a small restaurant in his hometown. It is always inspiring to hear success stories for traders like me who dream for success and work towards it.

I asked him to teach me his scalping method, he agreed to do so if i teach my trending method. So, here it goes, after tomorrow, for next three days I will learn his method, and sit along with him while he trades. Next week monday and tuesday, he will be sitting along with me to see my trades. So it is going to be great, learn and teach it is going to be, so i won't be able to post trades on my diary over this week. We will start afresh next week.:clap:

Tomorrow is a family function and after that am going to learn hurry :D, and after that he is going to sit with me to see my trades, as I had informed him that there is nothing to teach in my method, just simple tuning of entries on 5 min charts seeing 30 min charts. Hope I don't get embarrassed while learning or showing him my trades.:thumb:
Lot of opportunity in the first few minutes. Checking out individual stocks, I am realizing that the first few minutes may actually have more weightage than the rest of the day put together. This was not so evident while trading index.

And maccha, no updates? Indha log "close" aachaa?

Tlahuicole

Lot of opportunity in the first few minutes. Checking out individual stocks, I am realizing that the first few minutes may actually have more weightage than the rest of the day put together. This was not so evident while trading index.

And maccha, no updates? Indha log "close" aachaa?
Sorry maccha saw this post before but forgot to reply for it :eek:

Here after I will try at least to post eod charts. I got busy preparing and testing a system for sideways market, still testing the same. So, won't be able to post live trades will at least post eod charts with analysis and commentary over the day's trades.

Tlahuicole

Sep 23rd 2013.

Traded items : BNF.

Trades:

Look at chart for marks and read the descriptions given below.

1)Shorted 4 lots as a low of the pullback confirmation bar was taken down on 5-min chart 09:35 bar. Shorted two lots at 10452.20 and SL is at the high of 09:30 bar + breathing space which is at 10512.00.

2,3)A pivot high is formed and it is a doji also there is a resistance line above the close of doji, which is yesterday close as per charts. So planning to buy at the lower breach of 10:00 bar, which was not possible so added 2 lots at breach of pivot low formed at 09:45, adds were at 10385.10. stop loss now shifted to pivot high which is 10445.20 after filter is added.

4)Trailed SL for 3 lots on last 5 min bar'shigh + 3 points and other 3 lots on previous last 5min bar's high(only red bars applicable). Since TSL did not get hit, sold at close of 10308.40 as MACD cross over happened. So reducing break even points, average points won per lot is 115.

Only one trade for the day today, so was less hectic and since it was covered by 11:15 itself, got a lot of time to study for the preparation of sideways system.

See you guys tomorrow.

Tlahuicole

Sep 24th 2013.

Traded items : BNF.

Trades:

Look at chart for marks and read the descriptions given below.

1)Entered Long 4 lots at 10212.00, SL 10150.00 as previous bar which penetrated yesterday close price, high was taken out.

2)Added 2 lots at high breach of 09:50 candle, by the next candle. kept SL 4 points below the 09:50 candle low.

3)Exited 3 lots at 10280.65 and 3 lots at 10207.65.

After this by mistake reversed the trade and idiotically took some time to get out of that stupid trade and let away all the profits, I took it thinking of false signal so not posting that chart as signal is not there at all.

Totally break even day, if stupidity trading was avoided in second, average points won per lot would have been 20. But, now just 7, which is nearly a break even or small profit, since I started to consider any loss or profit within 1% of trading principal total amount as break even, today is a break even day.