Trading from HOME , ILLEGAL?

Discussion in 'Investors Grievances' started by trader31339, Jan 27, 2008.

1. trader31339

trader31339 Active Member

I would like to know that if someone residing in mumbai , co op housing societiey , trades from his home , or works as a LIC agent / any other insurance /small saving agent ; can the socitiey raise objections saying that the person is making commercial use of the residence even when the person has not put up any business name on his door ?

In case if the socitiey raises objection , what are the options for the person.

2. hari09omkar

hari09omkar Guest

What a question! I would like to hear the legal pundits here on this.Thumbs up for ur question trader31339.

3. trader31339

trader31339 Active Member

Hari Omkar,
    Arey yaar ! its my personal exp that in majority of the co op societies , the office bearers are not co operative , they always are in a search to find point by which they can hammer the members of co op society so that the respective members dont oppose them and allow them to RULE the society .
    Btw , where do you live and do you trade from home ?

4. rajsingh

rajsingh Active Member

I don't think so. How do u differentiate between trading and investing. For a day trader swing trades are an investment and so forth. So by that reasoning a person should not be allowed to have a computer in his residence.:D,or even a telephone. and by that reasoning e-bay should have closed down by now.Even making a purchase/sale online is a commercial transaction.

By the way isn't renting out residential property a commercial gain.:D

Its hogwash. There is no such law as far as I am aware.

Tell the society members to go to hell.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  5. ratan jain

ratan jain Guest

Most probably the society will confiscate your hardware and send you to prison for 350 years for trading from home.

6. Raju

Raju Well-Known Member

It seems whichever society u live in are jealous of u ..They must be afraid of trading / shares.Such people are all around..Dont worry abt. them and continue trading..bt if they trouble u u can always take legal action...

7. Shishya

Shishya Member

I for one, manage their funds and have all of them sitting next to me with their prayer beads in hands... so no probs at this end.. so far