Trading for Living -- Successfully Completed one year as Full Time Trader

jagankris

Opened a trading account with Finvasia.

The whole process took less than 30 minutes and completely online. Really amazing experience.

Opted for NEST platform for NSE. Platform charges are Rs 49 /month + taxes. No brokerage charges.

I think transaction charges are also reasonable at Rs 5000/1 Crore.

Last year we paid brokerage of Rs 1,60,000+ taxes in our zerodha accounts. Hoping to save some of it this FY.

View attachment 25462 View attachment 25463
87000 + 73000 as brokerage in 2 accounts I guess ? (after winning the 60 days brokerage refund) That means 4000 trades aproximately ? But you dont seem to trade that many trades.
All the best I am sure you will save that 1.6lakhs this year.

Last edited:

amrutham

87000 + 73000 as brokerage in 2 accounts I guess ? (after winning the 60 days brokerage refund) That means 4000 trades aproximately ? But you dont seem to trade that many trades.
All the best I am sure you will save that 1.6lakhs this year.
Yeah. That 160K is the combined brokerage for 2 accounts.

Including GST it comes to around 189K from which we got 42K as refund.

Effective brokerage paid = 189-42 = 147K.

Regarding number of trades, some of my long butterfly strategies takes 10-20 orders just for entry. Other than those, we played with intraday OTM strangles with BN weekly options mainly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to benefit from time decay.

Even if we save half of the brokerage this FY, that would be very good.

nac

Opted for NEST platform for NSE. Platform charges are Rs 49 /month + taxes. No brokerage charges.
Last year we paid brokerage of Rs 1,60,000+ taxes in our zerodha accounts. Hoping to save some of it this FY.
I have heard the name Finvasia before, other than that don't know much about them.
What's the catch here? No brokerage fee. When I first heard Zerodha giving back the brokerage, I couldn't believe. Thought there should be some catch. But they're giving the brokerage provided if the trader wins the challenge. Few months back I learned that Zerodha is not charging for delivery trades in cash segment. I couldn't believe. Heard about Fyers few months back and about their charting tools, their pricing structure looks similar to Zerodha. Have been thinking about opening an account with Fyers. Now Finvasia don't charge brokerage at all for any segment??? What's the deal? How they are gonna do business with no brokerage fee? I am really surprised.

How is Finvasia? Any other Finvasia traders here? What's your opinion about the brokerage firm?

I have heard the name Finvasia before, other than that don't know much about them.
What's the catch here? No brokerage fee. When I first heard Zerodha giving back the brokerage, I couldn't believe. Thought there should be some catch. But they're giving the brokerage provided if the trader wins the challenge. Few months back I learned that Zerodha is not charging for delivery trades in cash segment. I couldn't believe. Heard about Fyers few months back and about their charting tools, their pricing structure looks similar to Zerodha. Have been thinking about opening an account with Fyers. Now Finvasia don't charge brokerage at all for any segment??? What's the deal? How they are gonna do business with no brokerage fee? I am really surprised.

How is Finvasia? Any other Finvasia traders here? What's your opinion about the brokerage firm?
They earn by charging fee on leverage.. by default they provide 2X margin for nifty.. if want more, you need to pay... go through finvasia thread .. recently they clarified it,, right here in traderji thread

kainiteh

Nest is universal tool to Indian trader...
If you are well versed with nest....
Then only matter is their price structure....
I am not finvasia user but enjoying zero brokerage for other one....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amrutham

It takes 10-20 orders just for entry . How do you enter long butterfly? Does it make sense to take so many orders
for entry? I mean, does the extra brokerage justify taking so many orders?
In a typical long butterfly of 600 L + 1200 S + 600 L, order entry is something like, 200 L + 200 L + 400 S. This is repeated 3 times. Hence total 9 orders for entry. When market is more volatile, the size further gets reduced and number of orders increase.

Even if we consider 15 orders, brokerage is 300 + taxes, which is equal-ant to half a point in slippage.

If I move to fixed/no brokerage broker, then I would not have this constraint on the number of orders.

Last edited:

nac

They earn by charging fee on leverage.. by default they provide 2X margin for nifty.. if want more, you need to pay... go through finvasia thread .. recently they clarified it,, right here in traderji thread
Already Nifty is a leveraged instrument. I wouldn't be interested in taking even more leverage on a leveraged instrument. Yeah, I will check their thread. Thanks.

pannet1

Oh!!! So there are more than one ZERO brokerage firm??? Care to mention the name of the broker?
no shoe fits everyone. check out @bpr 's awesome thread on brokerage comparision. feed in your requirment and it will tell you about which brokerage is cheaper. then choose based on your additional parameters (trading platform, leverage, etc)