Trading Challenge : My journey from 1.5Lakh to 6Lakh in 5months

SwagatN

DAte : 25 July 2018

Not a good day. Both nIFTY and BANKNIFTY were in sideways trading range in beginning, Around 12 - 1PM they attempted to go above the resistance and failed. I have attempted 3 SHORT trades ( 1 in NIFTY and 2 in BANKNIFTY). Both the trade failed and got scracthed.

I think this marks the end of my experimentation with future for now. Back to Cash trading tomorrow. I forgot to mark the trades in chart, and now I have already changed my subscription to cash market, and dont have access to future now. So just posting the Net position screenshot.

With this loss, there would be a new all time low in my trade wise equity curve, with a loss of nearly 7.5 - 8K.. A big blow..
Has to start tomorrow with small trade risk, to recover the lost capital first.. Now it seems like this experiment was a big mistake at this time of the project,. Anyway what is gone, is gone, have to look forward,,

... NEVER GIVE UP...

Satya.

With this loss, there would be a new all time low in my trade wise equity curve, with a loss of nearly 7.5 - 8K.. A big blow..
Has to start tomorrow with small trade risk, to recover the lost capital first.. Now it seems like this experiment was a big mistake at this time of the project,. Anyway what is gone, is gone, have to look forward
nt a big blow imo,7.5-8k loss on 1.5L cap is jst 5%
u r vry gud @ protecting ur capital Swagat Ji
u calling it a mistek bcuz it dint wrk..wht if it'd hv wrked?so ders no sch thing as mistek

SwagatN

@Satya. Big blow, Mistake etc. all are said in the context of the ongoing challenge and timing of such things.. Apart from that I get what you are saying.. Thats my view as well..

SwagatN

Weekly Report
-----------------

Monthly Report
------------------

Trade Wise Equity Curve
------------------------------

Last week, with my experimentation on derivative trading I screwed up big time and attained a new all time low in my equity curve. That was a big psychological blow to me and marks nearly 5.5% drawdown from the starting capital. No trades were taken since that day. I took a break to re-access my situation. I could not keep my mind around the game no matter how much I tried and I felt like the game is over already.

Many times I made my mind up to call the project off and coming down to here in my forum and declaring to end it...I think that was the easiest thing to do.. I have done that many times before. Take a break, with time be okay with the loss, then start over fresh treating the available capital as a new staring capital and the story goes on..

But Not this time.. I have realised that there is no end or beginning, I am living in a continuous time flow, and all these start and end are just mind's creation. So matter what, no matter if I win the challenge or not, but I will finish what I have started.

So Here I go again on my own
Goin' down the only road I've ever known
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time...

.. Thanks to Whitesnake..

... NEVER GIVE UP...

Weekly Report
-----------------

Monthly Report
------------------

Trade Wise Equity Curve

Last week, with my experimentation on derivative trading I screwed up big time and attained a new all time low in my equity curve. That was a big psychological blow to me and marks nearly 5.5% drawdown from the starting capital. No trades were taken since that day. I took a break to re-access my situation. I could not keep my mind around the game no matter how much I tried and I felt like the game is over already.

Many times I made my mind up to call the project off and coming down to here in my forum and declaring to end it...I think that was the easiest thing to do.. I have done that many times before. Take a break, with time be okay with the loss, then start over fresh treating the available capital as a new staring capital and the story goes on..

But Not this time.. I have realised that there is no end or beginning, I am living in a continuous time flow, and all these start and end are just mind's creation. So matter what, no matter if I win the challenge or not, but I will finish what I have started.

... NEVER GIVE UP...
Weekly Report
-----------------

Monthly Report
------------------

Trade Wise Equity Curve

... NEVER GIVE UP...

Hi

this is my first message on this entre forum and I have least knowdlge on the market so if I mentioned some thing which you already know and some thing which already may discussed here ( I coundnt got time to read all)

First thing this week you made an profit of 34 k again the lost of 30 k but over all it become an loss as the brokage seems to high and second is your number of trade is more... ( if you want to do more trades then look for discount broker or try to go for limited trades

also every time you are trying to find the reversal as reversal with in intraday is not required and in intraday - try to find the momentum stock and play with the momentum ( iam not an intraday trader ) apart from this I prefer to mention one thing as in one day you did 14 trades and only 2 trades are profit . and to be honest only person with 100 % professnalim can do that type of trades confirming with there check list or person who is not ready to accept the defect.. .

anyway I wish that you achive your target and personally don't rush yourself for the target which may force to do more trades or force to avoid trade which you are suppose to take- Forget everything - enjoy your trade and surely you will...

Just get rid of that 1.5 L to 6.0 L thingy . . .

Instead have an attitude of,
"Starting with 1.5 L to where ever the market and my skill improvements take me . . . "

Small steps, periodic evaluation, improvements & course corrections . . .
will eventually take you to your 6 L and beyond even to 60 L

Happy :)

marimuthu13

Just get rid of that 1.5 L to 6.0 L thingy . . .

Instead have an attitude of,
"Starting with 1.5 L to where ever the market and my skill improvements take me . . . "

Small steps, periodic evaluation, improvements & course corrections . . .
will eventually take you to your 6 L and beyond even to 60 L

Happy :)
:up::up::up::up:

SwagatN

Date : 01 AUg 2018

This was the only high probable SHORT opportunity yesterday on TATASTEEL. I attempted the first SHORT, but no bearish strength followed after the entry, signalling that demand was still left in market. So I scratched the trade. The re-entry opportunity was little tricky. Price was turning slightly rangebound, but with all lower pivot high it broke below the pivot low. I could not understand this, and let the trade go assuming a range bound price action.. The 2nd attempt gave a nice bearish momentum and a downtrend..

VJAY

Dear Swagat,
Why 2nd short opportunity missed ?!!!what are the thoughts when you see that opportunity in live....as your 1st entry is right market scratched it...Its not a crime....but why you not followed next opportunity which is looks clear cut ....if that too missed you must take next one which clearly identified as DT...am sure your last loss trades hunting you ...fear factor coming at triggering the trade...please re plan your full activity.....ready for loss of some fixed amount from you cap which is a amount if your trades fails in continuesly for 10 trades...then take all trading opportunies...Am sure your will recover ......all the best