Trading Challenge II : 300% in 5 months

SwagatN

So, I believe you would be taking a single or atmost 2 positions in future on a daily basis?
So, its around 10X leverage for intraday and the else cash n carry. So the majority of your profits (around 80%) are going to come from intraday.

Since you increase your capital on profit, are you going to decrease it in case of loss?
Also, how would you adjust excess cash in case of profits.
Say, you take a futures position for 1L margin and you get 15000 profit; you can't get into an another position the next day since it would require 2L. Are you going to enter into intraday cash for these positions?

I also expect you would be posting your backtesting results (results are just not enough no intricate details)
Right now the plan is to trade in 3 fixed symbols, So about Risk management, yes, maximum 2 open position. 3rd will be there if atleast any one of previous two trade's risk is secured, means TSL is moved for break even. PLus managing 3 or more intraday open position will be tougher.

Yes risk will be decreased on loss, as I had done in my 1st challenge.
Majority of profit is target fro intraday, I just did not want for the rest of the capital sit idle, So engaging them in positional trades

Yes, backtesting is going on, I am running behing my planned schedule, But I will post the result once it is finished

UberMachine

Right now the plan is to trade in 3 fixed symbols, So about Risk management, yes, maximum 2 open position. 3rd will be there if atleast any one of previous two trade's risk is secured, means TSL is moved for break even. PLus managing 3 or more intraday open position will be tougher.

Yes risk will be decreased on loss, as I had done in my 1st challenge.
Majority of profit is target fro intraday, I just did not want for the rest of the capital sit idle, So engaging them in positional trades

Yes, backtesting is going on, I am running behing my planned schedule, But I will post the result once it is finished
Fine.
I hope you go live only after proper backtesting.
I am interested to see how you approach backtesting since this looks like an extremely complcated case to model.
Nice work

SwagatN

Date : 14 Aug 2018

TATASTEEL - Market Structure - 9:00 AM
===========================

5M is in a real downtrend, and some buying was seen yesterday near day low. Sentiment remains bearish, but need to be cautious and see what happens in today's 1st candle. That will be crucial.

1M is in a real downtrend too., But sentiment is turning bullish here. I need to see if this bullishness gets absorbed with the 5M real downtrend still remaining intact..

========================
Tracking only TATASTEEL today also.. If i do not get any other good scrip, then will start live trading with TATASTEEL and BANKNIFTY future. Will check for other intraday candidates at a later stage..

SwagatN

TATASTEEL - Market Structure - 9:30 AM
===========================

Gap up above previous day high, but strong selling was seen, and Sentiment is heavily bearish. So going with the flow, I am looking for short on 1m

SwagatN

I did not track market live today, I backtested the system, as I have to finish it before I start live from Thursday and also spent some time for experimenting with stock scanner for intraday real time stock selection to no good outcome. Seems like I will go with TATASTEEL, BANKNIFTY and 1 more only.

This is the after market marking..

A strong gap up above previous day high but mnarket sold off strongly and fell to previous day low.

TradeOptions

I did not track market live today, I backtested the system, as I have to finish it before I start live from Thursday and also spent some time for experimenting with stock scanner for intraday real time stock selection to no good outcome. Seems like I will go with TATASTEEL, BANKNIFTY and 1 more only.

This is the after market marking..
A strong gap up above previous day high but mnarket sold off strongly and fell to previous day low.
Which particular scanners did you try and what difficulty did you face in that ? I hope you are aware that a lot of scanning conditions work etc. could be done in Amibroker itself.

Regards

SwagatN

Which particular scanners did you try and what difficulty did you face in that ? I hope you are aware that a lot of scanning conditions work etc. could be done in Amibroker itself.

Regards
NO particualr scanner of AFL stuff, I was just checking how I can use price action to filter high probable stocks which are going to give momentum in next 1/2 hours. I was doing this manually, Have not conclude anything concrete on it yet.. I think for the time being I have to go with 2/3 fixed symbols for live

SwagatN

Day 1 of my second attempt of this challenge. Starting the live trading from today with 3 contracts, NIFTY future, BANKNIFTY future and TATASTEEL future.

TATASTEEL = 5m in a real range. Heavy supply and demand was seen near previous day high and low respectively.
NIFTY = 5m in a real uptrend, Bullish momentum seems to getting weak near 11460 - 11470
BANKNIFTY = Making all inside swings between 28380 to 27830.. A real trading range. 28100 - 27980 is the immeduate S/R zone..

>>> NEVER GIVE UP <<<