Trading Challenge II : 300% in 5 months

primitivetrader

Price failed to trend down below 577, TSL hit, Scratched
taking short right in the middle of trading range is high probability loosing proposition high of around 11:45 and low of around 12:20 are boundaries of trading range.
you are lacking a key ingredient that is price action reading as per me

primitivetrader

exited shorts at 577. Now will go long above 577.80 with sl below 572.50
why are you putting your trades here start your own thread rather than distrusting his flow here?

SwagatN

After 1:30PM I had to leave for some personal work, so could not track the live market..

I had taken the SHORT at A, which was a valid SHORT setup as per my system based on break out pullback. But with discretion I even could have avoided the SHORT there as that pullback post breakout was way too sharp, not a good sign of weakness. That shows some interested bulls were still present and they need to be absorbed for any meaningful fall to achieve, which in turn happened during that sideways phase.

So the next breakout pullback was giving a high probable SHORT setup, and also at around 2PM, there is another BOF short setup on the real range top. That SHORT also worked good.

So overall there could have been 2 valid SHORT setups today and both of them gave some good run.. Live update on market structure worked for today to keep me engaged in market activity and not to loose focus.. Looking for more tomorrow. And tomorrow will track RELIANCE along with TATASTEEL..

Special Note : Not quite convinced for RELIANCE as an intraday stock.. I might change that by the time I start live.. Looking for something better.

UberMachine

Hi @SwagatN ,
Saw your posts. Good work.
You told that you are going to approximately split your capital 50% for day trading and 50% for positionals.
May I know how would you go about positionals - futures or cash and carry
Also, are you going to trade intraday in futures or cash; I am bit confused about this.
And I believe you are tracking these pre-challenge trades in a spreadsheet or somewhere.
Also, do you have any milestones such as 100% after 25 days, 150% after 35 days and so on.
And finally, are you going to keep your trading capital fixed or it would change during the challenge (simple or compounding)?
I think too may questions here :)

SwagatN

Hi @SwagatN ,
Saw your posts. Good work.
You told that you are going to approximately split your capital 50% for day trading and 50% for positionals.
May I know how would you go about positionals - futures or cash and carry
Also, are you going to trade intraday in futures or cash; I am bit confused about this.

Intraday = Future
Positional = Cash n Carry

And I believe you are tracking these pre-challenge trades in a spreadsheet or somewhere.
Also, do you have any milestones such as 100% after 25 days, 150% after 35 days and so on.

No such thing as target.

And finally, are you going to keep your trading capital fixed or it would change during the challenge (simple or compounding)?

Yes, I will be compounding, Intraday risk will be increased on profit.

I think too may questions here :)

Never Mind :)
Answers in Red

UberMachine

So, I believe you would be taking a single or atmost 2 positions in future on a daily basis?
So, its around 10X leverage for intraday and the else cash n carry. So the majority of your profits (around 80%) are going to come from intraday.

Since you increase your capital on profit, are you going to decrease it in case of loss?
Also, how would you adjust excess cash in case of profits.
Say, you take a futures position for 1L margin and you get 15000 profit; you can't get into an another position the next day since it would require 2L. Are you going to enter into intraday cash for these positions?

I also expect you would be posting your backtesting results (results are just not enough no intricate details)