Trading Challenge - 1 (Crude oil - 1.75 L to 1 Cr in 300 trading days)

week 3 day 1

aa) lead buy 146.85 buy - 2 lots

edit - sold - 147.05 both lots (trade closed)

bb) lead buy @ 147.10 - 2 lots (@ 1209)

exit - sold @ 147.3 - 2 lots ( 2 1236)

took a day trade (not scalp) in crude @ 1253 - just now - sell 1 lot @ 5128 - if in profit will close it or else roll over to positional @ end of day - let us see how crude reacts in the day

edit - no guts to go beyond a few minutes, lol..i feel uneasy ... exit @ 5121 - trade closed.

a scalper is a scalper i guess - just cannot hold. forget it - i will just scalp and forget positional for a while. 3 scalps done. break time - will scalp later

was into lead 2 lots buy @ 147.75 but the move did not happen and i am out - sold @ 147.80 - so no damage done.

Last edited:
i have a fraud in my bank account and lose money there
Shocked to know that :eek:
Brother what does your Passbook or Online Transaction statement shows? Where did the money go? Who took it? I am unable to figure how anybody could withdraw funds without your authorization. Did any of your NEFT/IMPS/RTGS failed and the amount got blocked?

Banks keep account of your money is kept in digitalised format, so, it cannot evaporate into the thin air without leaving a trace. The bank got to explain the "Transaction" and I guess you have already lodged a complaint to the Bank's grievance ombudsman. If you are not happy with the settlement offered by the ombudsman, you can file an appeal before the appellate authority within 30 days. The appellate authority in this case is the Deputy Governor of the RBI. Alternatively, you can also approach consumer redressal forums, which take up bank-related complaints, or even the courts.

You are a hardcore trader who do not want to get emotionally swayed which is a great thing, but, you need to find out what happened at all-cost. After all its your money which got lost to the faulty system backed-up by RBI itself.

BTW you're sure its not a mischief from any friend or relative, right?

Last edited:
Shocked to know that :eek:
Brother what does your Passbook or Online Transaction statement shows? Where did the money go? Who took it? I am unable to figure how anybody could withdraw funds without your authorization. Did any of your NEFT/IMPS/RTGS failed and the amount got blocked?

In money is kept in digitalised format, so, it cannot evaporate into the thin air without leaving a trace. The bank got to explain the "Transaction" and I guess you have already lodged a complaint to the Bank's grievance ombudsman. If you are not happy with the settlement offered by the ombudsman, you can file an appeal before the appellate authority within 30 days. The appellate authority in this case is the Deputy Governor of the RBI. Alternatively, you can also approach consumer redressal forums, which take up bank-related complaints, or even the courts.

You are a hardcore trader who do not want to get emotionally swayed which is a great thing, but, you need to find out what happened at all-cost. After all its your money which got lost to the faulty system.

BTW you're sure its not a mischief from any friend or relative, right?
hi and thanks for the advice,

no - not any mischief - these seem like professional crooks

no message - no sms, net banking statement shows them as ATM withdrawals for all customers (most of mine were at an IDBI ATM) but since total transactions are beyond daily limits of my card the bank is confused on this as well.

i may appear indifferent and to a certain extent i am maybe - but honestly i am pursuing the same very seriously. i was at the bank just a while back and they got me to fill up a claim form and since there are a lot of customers this has happened to i guess they are following it up seriously. the manager was on the phone while i was filing up the insurance claim forms with the Mumbai branch and the bank has filed an FIR from their end in Mumbai i was informed.

one of my school-friend is a good lawyer luckily and specializes in these consumer claims. he has also taken note of the same and is now taking matters into his own hands. that way i may appear cool but i am not taking it lying down either.

just that i want to keep my life as trader as far apart from everything and anything that can hurt my trading. it takes a long time to get back into the groove so to say - once you lose focus in trading.

my friend - the lawyer is already looking at the options that you so rightly mentioned and getting ready for these formalities. in fact he was with me just a while back and mentioned the RBI option.

i do not take a loss easily in trading - same in life. and for no fault of mine - i will not, this one i will fight to the end.

thank you for the advice and i will follow it up as far i can - no letting go

happy trading and have a great day.

yes, forgot to add - love your handle :cool:

Last edited:
So you made profits every single day?
So you made profits every single day?
if you are like me and consider a zero on the last day - day 10 that i did not trade as a win - yes.
if you consider 0 as a loss then i had wins on 9 days only.

but seriously - that is not the aim here. the aim is to win the match and not keep a clean sheet. i strive to keep my wins bigger than my losses. has worked in the past - should work now.

remember that every withdraw is also a loss - even if it is a paycheck after all. so depends on how you look at it.
i withdraw usually twice a month and that limits the growth of my capital - so at the end of the day i am not making smart moves :rolleyes:

my money management needs working on - i trade 4 lots at times with some 1.5 L capital which is kind of dumb really as i overexpose myself dangerously at times.
on inventory if i am confident i go biggest - most volatile period i am exposed to the max - pretty awful money rules wise. so far so good but i know i must mend my cowboy attitude quick before i get hit real bad. let us see - i am working on that end too - a bit slow i admit.

i know of some online traders - scalpers group and few of them said they usually go 3-6 months before a single small day in loss. i chose to believe that they were truthfully and set my benchmark there. i am still way below that yet.

but then winning each day is kind of dumb - its how bigger the winners are from the losers that i feel makes the cut eventually.

happy trading

Last edited:
Smelling a trade in lead..lol..if it breaks up soon i will jump in..waiting on the sidelines..should break soon..

If it comes to 147.75 or so i will jump in..still waiting.

2018-10-22 (5).png

edit - if lead breaks the above i will trade or else call it a day. i am bullish on lead for today and will not trade against the trend - will wait for it to test the 148 level and if the market comes to me fine i will trade - else no, i am not going to chase the price. it is my trade so it is - my way or the highway, :cool:

Last edited:
no message - no sms, net banking statement shows them as ATM withdrawals for all customers (most of mine were at an IDBI ATM) but since total transactions are beyond daily limits of my card the bank is confused on this as well.

i may appear indifferent and to a certain extent i am maybe - but honestly i am pursuing the same very seriously. i was at the bank just a while back and they got me to fill up a claim form and since there are a lot of customers this has happened to i guess they are following it up seriously. the manager was on the phone while i was filing up the insurance claim forms with the Mumbai branch and the bank has filed an FIR from their end in Mumbai i was informed.
OMG !!! ATM withdrawals without a card and a PIN and over the daily limit..... RBI must shut down that bank.... Oh God....
Thank you for sharing..... makes everybody more vigilant. All the very best :up: