Trade Tiger to Excel to AmiBroker, Fhcarts

josh1

I had developed this utility to capture data from Trade Tiger to Excel and from there to AmiBroker, Fcharts. I have never used TT for trading. I developed it with the help of actual users and they were satisfied with it.

I will not be able to lend much of support for this utility. There is a help file along with it. Users should read and do the setup.

Any of the members who have previously used this utility are welcome to takeover this thread and support others.

The utility can be downloaded from the link given in my signature.

Edit- Do not ask questions about any source other than Trade Tiger and clutter this thread

Last edited:

josh1

If you cannot see anything below my signature, you have to set up your Control Panel to display signature.

Click on "User CP" on top left of this page.

Control Panel will open

Scroll down until you reach "Visible Post Elements" and check mark agains Show Signatures.

If someone Can make a Single Utility for the use of All trading Terminals like nest,now,odin,tradetiger,etc peoples in this form will be benefied

josh1

If someone Can make a Single Utility for the use of All trading Terminals like nest,now,odin,tradetiger,etc peoples in this form will be benefied
Though it is possible, it requires too much of work. Secondly, these sources are different in nature and hence the method for retrieving quotes from each of them is totally different. So that does not make any sense economically as well as physically.

hi josh1,

with reference to the following post

--------------------------
Originally Posted by priyeshpp View Post
Dear Josh1,

Firstly thank you for your wonderful work.

I have been pondering to configure as per your steps since yesterday and i am stuck after hours of research and reading various documents.. My laptop is running Windows 8.1 and Office 2013. I have even installed a ram disk and shifted Excel, TT & Amibroker on it.

I am getting the following error "Run-time error '91': and after debugging VBA, its stopping at this routine:-

Sub CallAmiBroker()
Call AB.Import(0, FileName, "RTG3.format")
Call AB.RefreshAll
End Sub

i have successfully run & configured the steps on my other PC with Windows XP & Office 2010. and its working flawlessly.

Can you please suggest what might be wrong and why its not running on my laptop?

Thank you,
I have even installed a ram disk and shifted Excel, TT & Amibroker on it. ??? ..........How can you do that?

------------------------

i meant that i have reinstalled excel, TT & amibroker to RAM disk, as one of the docs said that window 8 has Admin Right issues; so shifting to a ram disk or installing it on D: drive can get over this problem..

however, i am still stuck at that Run time error 91.. and debugging is stuck at following:

Sub CallAmiBroker()
Call AB.Import(0, FileName, "RTG3.format")
'Call AB.RefreshAll
End Sub

and the excel sheet is also creating the MyTiger.txt on my G: drive (Ram Disk).. i think there is some issue with starting amibroker...

How can i resolve this issue?

thank you

Last edited:
hey josh1... hurrah ... i did it... after loads of trial and error... and now amibroker is also loading... i'll test it tomorrow during market hours... thanks bro... have a nice day...

josh1

@Priyesh

You should not install any application on RAM Disk. Documents do not say that. It has to be on physical drive.
RAM disk is required only for temporary file .

hi josh1,

i agree with you on not storing data on ram disk...

however, i have created a permanent sort of ram disk of 350 MB using SoftPerfect RAM Disk, which saves & restores image data on windows shutdown and startups.

Actually, my final setup which worked on Win 8.1 & Office '13 is - installing Sharekhan on C: drive, Office '13 on C: drive, TT snap on C:\Sharekhan, Amibroker on ram disk - G: drive.. and your file - RTTiger on G: drive.. only with this setup is RTTiger being auto updated from sharekhan snap file.. else for reasons unknown to me, the file is not being updated and i am also getting error 91 when i run your macro...

Well i have enjoyed setting up this config after many trials..

thanks again to you..

josh1

hi josh1,

i agree with you on not storing data on ram disk...

however, i have created a permanent sort of ram disk of 350 MB using SoftPerfect RAM Disk, which saves & restores image data on windows shutdown and startups.

Actually, my final setup which worked on Win 8.1 & Office '13 is - installing Sharekhan on C: drive, Office '13 on C: drive, TT snap on C:\Sharekhan, Amibroker on ram disk - G: drive.. and your file - RTTiger on G: drive.. only with this setup is RTTiger being auto updated from sharekhan snap file.. else for reasons unknown to me, the file is not being updated and i am also getting error 91 when i run your macro...

Well i have enjoyed setting up this config after many trials..

thanks again to you..
You will get that error if Office is 64bit or may be COM dlls have to be reinstalled