Trade Tiger - Tips, Tricks and Hints

cloudTrader

You have to download Com Tiger and will be able to trade commodities only in Com Tiger.
The E-mail notified that the commodities account will be closed and then we have to apply again for the commodities trading account.

Were you required to apply again for downloading the Com Tiger for trading in Commodities ?

Thanks.

vsaran

The E-mail notified that the commodities account will be closed and then we have to apply again for the commodities trading account.

Were you required to apply again for downloading the Com Tiger for trading in Commodities ?

Thanks.
Yes,you have to open a new account with Sherekhan-Comtrade if you want to trade commodities.Charting will be in ComTiger.

DSM

Thanks Vsaran,

Can you please explain further, as for most traders, the funds in account was returned, and commodity scripts vanished.

So from what you state, we will have to have two instances of TT running? That will be huge constraint on the laptop resources, though I use i5, I do have nest and other windows open as well.

Please explain the process/procedure of how you were able to get the commodity scripts running.

Thanks

You have to download Com Tiger and will be able to trade commodities only in Com Tiger.

bull375

I opened Sharekhan trading account and received my credentials on 17 Nov 2016. I have been attending the online ATC and learning how to trade. I did not sign any AMC contract. Brokerage charges are 0.1% for all except options which is 2.5%. I spoke to the branch and the manager said they will bring it down to 0.03% and etc. I also applied trading account for commodities and hopefully my application should be approved tomorrow. I dont prefer trading Equities cash, Futures and Options due to time constraints as the market is only 5 hours. I get freaked out by too many gaps in Equities and futures/Options. Currencies trade timings are from 10 am till 5 pm which is better but the price movement is very less. SEBI should increase the timings from 10 am till 11 pm for Currencies as well. Best I find is the commodities timings which is from 10 am till 11 pm which suits my trading better as the price movement is better as London market open at 1:30 pm, and US market opens at 6:00 pm and gaps are not so much as in Equities and Futures.

I clarified again and again from the Branch Manager in Sharekhan if I have to pay any money for using the Trade Tiger platform as in the terms and conditions it say that we have to pay 3000 Rs quarterly for using the TT platform or pay fixed 10000 Rs per annum and he said it is only for those who have atleast 3 lakhs rs in their trading account and who want to maintain portfolio through Sharekhan recommendation in trading the market.

Last edited:
Sharekhan and Metaquotes both started in year 2000. Look at how Metaquotes have progressed into one of the the most widely used trading software in the world and many indicators are available through their mq4 language which traders can program and use. Sharekhan has been very slow to develop and have not achieved much in the last 16 years. Just recently they are introducing Ichimoku indicator for Trade Tiger 2.4.6 after 16 years in the trading world. I am utterly disappointed with Sharekhan for their laziness and lethargic attitude. Recently they have even deactivated 90D chart data period saying they will provide 90D chart data period to only those who join their Ignite program which is extreme disappointment and very low attitude of Sharekhan. I cannot believe owner of Sharekhan has sold part of Sharekhan business unit to Paribas Bank which is a french bank. If I was the owner of Sharekhan, I would have developed it further and made Sharekhan no 1 discount broker in India and expanded to world market. It is real shame that after 16 years in the trading industry Sharekhan has not developed much.

Sunnyraj

Friends anyone facing issue while saving scriplist in TT?

When i add a stock and try to save that marketwatch, TT hangs and i cant operate it.

Rest all features are working fine.

Can anyone chk on their end. Just add/remove few stocks from saved marketwatch list and try to save it again...

Friends anyone facing issue while saving scriplist in TT?

When i add a stock and try to save that marketwatch, TT hangs and i cant operate it.

Rest all features are working fine.

Can anyone chk on their end. Just add/remove few stocks from saved marketwatch list and try to save it again...
working ok.