Trade Smart Online

cloudTrader

When are you going to start with your trial? Just got a demo from one of the FoxTrader people yesterday. Some of the Watch pages are interesting, though I'm more interested in strategy-testing, & maybe, semi-automating, both of which seem to be disabled on the demo. :depressed:
I am thinking to start the trial as soon as possible. Having a crunch of time these days. The demo which you have mentioned is different from the Trial thing ?
Actually I too want to test mainly the strategy part. Have seen some of their videos, looked interesting but the whole thing needs time to focus.
As per your statement if I assume that trial & demo are same thing then whats the use of giving trial. I would certainly be not interested to take the trial without these features.

I am thinking to start the trial as soon as possible. Having a crunch of time these days. The demo which you have mentioned is different from the Trial thing ?
Actually I too want to test mainly the strategy part. Have seen some of their videos, looked interesting but the whole thing needs time to focus.
As per your statement if I assume that trial & demo are same thing then whats the use of giving trial. I would certainly be not interested to take the trial without these features.
Right. Understandable, that was my issue too, it will definitely be time-consuming to learn everything it has to offer. I guess, by trial I mean the 15 days trial that we get to use it for free, & by demo, I meant one of their people called me & showed me the basic features through TeamViewer.

Of course. I've been doing that over the past couple of weeks too; they're long but very detailed & descriptive, & might be the best source of information on FoxTrader (as opposed to their support-staff, which I'm not feeling too confident about) but then, there are so many things in there that it's impossible for them to cover every little thing in the videos that I wish there was a Help PDF file or something (their online-support said that there isn't any) but nonetheless, they do seem cover the main things in reasonable detail in their youtube-videos.
Ok, maybe I was mistaken but like I've said, it has so much stuff that it's difficult to figure things out as a new user, & the support-guy told me several hours ago that he'd call but hasn't yet called; so now, I'm trying to create & backtest some basic strategy by myself by watching their video on how to do it, so that I can move on to more complex things, so I'll see how that goes. Nonetheless, there are some functions that definitely seem to be unavailable (grayed out), so perhaps they're only available to paid users but the trial might still be worth it as long as I can make my strategies without using those functions, or else, if I like the software enough then, I might even be willing to fork out some money for at least one month's subscription.

cloudTrader

Right. Understandable, that was my issue too, it will definitely be time-consuming to learn everything it has to offer. I guess, by trial I mean the 15 days trial that we get to use it for free, & by demo, I meant one of their people called me & showed me the basic features through TeamViewer.

Of course. I've been doing that over the past couple of weeks too; they're long but very detailed & descriptive, & might be the best source of information on FoxTrader (as opposed to their support-staff, which I'm not feeling too confident about) but then, there are so many things in there that it's impossible for them to cover every little thing in the videos that I wish there was a Help PDF file or something (their online-support said that there isn't any) but nonetheless, they do seem cover the main things in reasonable detail in their youtube-videos.
Ok, maybe I was mistaken but like I've said, it has so much stuff that it's difficult to figure things out as a new user, & the support-guy told me several hours ago that he'd call but hasn't yet called; so now, I'm trying to create & backtest some basic strategy by myself by watching their video on how to do it, so that I can move on to more complex things, so I'll see how that goes. Nonetheless, there are some functions that definitely seem to be unavailable (grayed out), so perhaps they're only available to paid users but the trial might still be worth it as long as I can make my strategies without using those functions, or else, if I like the software enough then, I might even be willing to fork out some money for at least one month's subscription.
Good that Demo is different from Trial. I also thought that a PDF would be a good source to begin with the testing but as you say that it is missing that means it will be more important to watch the videos. Some features are only available to those who have the status of a dealer. As we do not have that NSE certification of a dealer then we will surely miss those aspects like the auto trading. Nonetheless I feel even if I get the semi automated thing and it helps me in managing the order placement etc. , it will be really a help.

Good that Demo is different from Trial. I also thought that a PDF would be a good source to begin with the testing but as you say that it is missing that means it will be more important to watch the videos. Some features are only available to those who have the status of a dealer. As we do not have that NSE certification of a dealer then we will surely miss those aspects like the auto trading. Nonetheless I feel even if I get the semi automated thing and it helps me in managing the order placement etc. , it will be really a help.
Well, the software is the same but I was referring to two different aspects; anyway, that's not really relevant. Right, true. Full automation is only available to dealers, which of course, is a regulatory issue, so even I'd be happy with semi-automation but that's not what I'm talking about. For instance, a significant amount of options within the various tabs in Study Manager (which is the core of strategy-testing & semi-automation) are inaccessible to me (grayed out as you can see); there are still a decent amount of options that are available but I think they should have made all the options available for a complete evaluation of the software. There are also different types of Watch that I'm seeing in videos but not available on my FoxTrader.

SM.png

They do offer two levels of pricing, Standard & Premium, so maybe some of those are only available for Premium subscription whereas it looks like we get the Standard thing during our trial.

AS.png

One annoying thing is that the software downloaded a lot of data yesterday evening as well as today, so if someone is on a limited Internet-plan then they might feel the heat in that respect; not to mention, it's a bit annoying anyway.

RockyRobust

I have taken the trial of Fox Trader & for me being a little tight on the technical front this platform is really a huge task to come over with. Doing all this stuff during market time is hampering trading. If we don't do the testing during mkt time then the testing of Real Time scenarios is not possible. I have reached only till the point of taking tests of scanners & events. Reaching the strategy deployment & testing phase is yet to be conquered as it is quite cumbersome and will take time to first watch videos and then replicate it on your system. Some terms are so technical that I am unable to make out what I have to do with them and how are they going to help. Some thing on a written manual needs to be done.

Some patterns and signals are for premium version and they have been greyed out. I am yet to reach the stage of semi automated order placement trial. Trial is full for all that we will get in the paid version. Still some days left of trial and I will try if something credible could be achieved.

I have taken the trial of Fox Trader & for me being a little tight on the technical front this platform is really a huge task to come over with. Doing all this stuff during market time is hampering trading. If we don't do the testing during mkt time then the testing of Real Time scenarios is not possible. I have reached only till the point of taking tests of scanners & events. Reaching the strategy deployment & testing phase is yet to be conquered as it is quite cumbersome and will take time to first watch videos and then replicate it on your system. Some terms are so technical that I am unable to make out what I have to do with them and how are they going to help. Some thing on a written manual needs to be done.

Some patterns and signals are for premium version and they have been greyed out. I am yet to reach the stage of semi automated order placement trial. Trial is full for all that we will get in the paid version. Still some days left of trial and I will try if something credible could be achieved.
That's understandable if you trade during the entirety of the trading-session, whereas I mostly trade for an hour or two, so it has been possible for me to test it during market-hours; & although it's been a difficult journey, trying to learn everything from scratch without much help (since there's no Manual or anything), I've managed to learn a fair bit & even semi-automate moderately complex test-strategies but there are still a lot of things that I can't figure out, for instance, I'm able to semi-automate one scrip at a time by opening one chart but not yet sure how to apply a single strategy across a group of stocks at once, & the support-people aren't usually very helpful (depends on who you're talking to), although today, there was a very helpful person on the line (Dinesh, I think) but after some time, he concluded that there is some problem with FoxTrader itself, which is why it's unable to take signals from a Group Scan for semi-automation; he said, the issue will be fixed by Monday but by then, my Trial will be over. :confused:

I wanted to see if I could make more complex strategies & test on the live market but now, even the Strategy Manager isn't working after the re-installation done by Support today. So, while it seems like FoxTrader could be useful, I'm not sure about their implementation & support. As you've said, they should've offered the Premium version for the trial since there seems to be a lot of interesting stuff that's unavailable to us. :confused:

Their pricing might also be a little on a higher side, whereas in one of the older videos, from a year ago, they'd said that they were giving the Standard version for 500/month, which seemed way more competitive than the pricing now. I might still consider paying for 1 month subscription (& maybe get the Premium version just to satisfy my curiosity) but it looks like they only offer 3 months or more, which'd cost 3350 for Standard & 4700 for Premium, & I don't think I'm willing spend that much on a software without even knowing how useful it'll be for me, given its complexity, technical issues & mediocre support.

I got another SMS today from Finvasia, saying that there's another FoxTrader webinar on Friday 4 p.m. I called Finvasia, they asked for my name & Nest User ID, & said that I'll receive an e-mail about the webinar.

Guys I am looking to take TSO case to SEBI. I had applied in Bharat 22, while other brokers made it available on listibg day, TSO didn't. I have proof of calls made from 9 am to 4 pm on listing day, email replies and all. Suffered loss and they gave excuse that holding was available after they ran file on friday, CDSL smsd me at 15.35 on friday and I could see holding soon after that. Also file runs every morning too therefore all IPOs are available only half an hour or so on listing day so excuse of holding not available is totally wrong and they have given this in written in email while CDSL app and it's statement, my sms all shows that it was availablr on friday afternoon itself. More than 11 crore delivery based transaction happened only at NSE because all brokers provided units to be squared off. Should I take case of negligence to SEBI? Kindly suggest.

RockyRobust

That's understandable if you trade during the entirety of the trading-session, whereas I mostly trade for an hour or two, so it has been possible for me to test it during market-hours; & although it's been a difficult journey, trying to learn everything from scratch without much help (since there's no Manual or anything), I've managed to learn a fair bit & even semi-automate moderately complex test-strategies but there are still a lot of things that I can't figure out, for instance, I'm able to semi-automate one scrip at a time by opening one chart but not yet sure how to apply a single strategy across a group of stocks at once, & the support-people aren't usually very helpful (depends on who you're talking to), although today, there was a very helpful person on the line (Dinesh, I think) but after some time, he concluded that there is some problem with FoxTrader itself, which is why it's unable to take signals from a Group Scan for semi-automation; he said, the issue will be fixed by Monday but by then, my Trial will be over. :confused:

I wanted to see if I could make more complex strategies & test on the live market but now, even the Strategy Manager isn't working after the re-installation done by Support today. So, while it seems like FoxTrader could be useful, I'm not sure about their implementation & support. As you've said, they should've offered the Premium version for the trial since there seems to be a lot of interesting stuff that's unavailable to us. :confused:

Their pricing might also be a little on a higher side, whereas in one of the older videos, from a year ago, they'd said that they were giving the Standard version for 500/month, which seemed way more competitive than the pricing now. I might still consider paying for 1 month subscription (& maybe get the Premium version just to satisfy my curiosity) but it looks like they only offer 3 months or more, which'd cost 3350 for Standard & 4700 for Premium, & I don't think I'm willing spend that much on a software without even knowing how useful it'll be for me, given its complexity, technical issues & mediocre support.

I got another SMS today from Finvasia, saying that there's another FoxTrader webinar on Friday 4 p.m. I called Finvasia, they asked for my name & Nest User ID, & said that I'll receive an e-mail about the webinar.
As of now it seems that I will be giving up on Fox Trader strategies etc. The webinars shown on YouTube are of very basic nature and they didn't help me much in coming up with what I wanted to test in Fox Trader.

Guys I am looking to take TSO case to SEBI. I had applied in Bharat 22, while other brokers made it available on listibg day, TSO didn't. I have proof of calls made from 9 am to 4 pm on listing day, email replies and all. Suffered loss and they gave excuse that holding was available after they ran file on friday, CDSL smsd me at 15.35 on friday and I could see holding soon after that. Also file runs every morning too therefore all IPOs are available only half an hour or so on listing day so excuse of holding not available is totally wrong and they have given this in written in email while CDSL app and it's statement, my sms all shows that it was availablr on friday afternoon itself. More than 11 crore delivery based transaction happened only at NSE because all brokers provided units to be squared off. Should I take case of negligence to SEBI? Kindly suggest.
If you feel that you have been wronged by them and no redressal offered, go ahead with it. Keep us informed.

I think that VNS should reply to this issue and clear it soonest.

Apologies for the delayed reply. It was not intentional. Just that we didn't get the notification from Traderji for the new post. Has happened earlier too. Though we don't know in which case this happens. :(

Please pm us your client id so that we can look into the same.