Trade execution & price

nitinsy

Hi All,
I saw this today in my account. Would like to know your views on it.

1. I bought a Nifty Aug 2008 4400 PE option at 1:45PM - at Rs.68
2. I sold this same put option at 3:28PM. My order got executed at Rs. 102.50. I did not see the quotes (bid-ask) at that point.
3. After trading hours (7pm) I check www.nseindia.com online intraday charts for this option at:

NIFTY AUG2008 4400 PE

This chart clearly shows that this specific option did not trade below Rs. 106 between 3:27PM & 3:29PM

My question is why did my order get executed at 102.50 when the lowest price was 106? Anyone face a similar problem?

I use Geojit silver account

Thanks
Nitin

The chart from NSE does not have all the trades plotted. Its kinda graph, that's it.

"I did not see the quotes (bid-ask) at that point."

Did you mean you did not see, or they were not there? In any case, you can have your trade verifiied at NSE website, though the user interface is terrible, and, you need to enter a lot of stuff before getting the trade verified. Actually, I have not been able to verify any trade as I got put off by the details required.

Hi All,

2. I sold this same put option at 3:28PM. My order got executed at Rs. 102.50. I did not see the quotes (bid-ask) at that point.
3. After trading hours (7pm) I check www.nseindia.com online intraday charts for this option at:

NIFTY AUG2008 4400 PE

This chart clearly shows that this specific option did not trade below Rs. 106 between 3:27PM & 3:29PM

My question is why did my order get executed at 102.50 when the lowest price was 106? Anyone face a similar problem?

Thanks
Nitin

nitinsy

Thanks much. I verified it on the NSE website. I got all the info (order no, trade no) from the contract note sent by geojit.

NSE data on the link I listed earlier does not provide the right data (atleast not the right data). Since it was only one number, I thought it might be the weighted average or the closing price.

When I placed order I had not checked the bid-ask prices on broker site hence the confusion.

Nitin

Hi All,

NIFTY AUG2008 4400 PE

Thanks
Nitin
Get the trade number from your broker"s contract,go to NSE site and check this trade.

Smart_trade