Touching First Base

Hi everyone!
I am Sudipto from Bangalore. (Actually Sudipta, but that's driving me crazy since school days because of aparent gender confusions).

I am quite new to this world. Although I have been following the markets with my dad for last six - seven years, I never had to take the burden to making decisions yet. But, he suddenly left the world and I didn't get any chance to prepare myself. However! As they say, courage is being scared to death, but still saddling up.

I found this forum while searching on the web, and registered. Guess I will be welcomed by the senior members here.

I think this is enough for the first post. I shall be a frequent visitor here, given the amount of wisdom spread over the pages. And before I end, I would sincerely appreciate if anyone could express their opinions about the various paid stokc idea services in India, like Rajat K Bose, E Mathew, Ashwani Gujral, Trendwatch India etc. I am considering a subscription at one of these.

So long then, enjoy your christmas.

Thanks Saga!
Right now I am busting my rear reading a Technical Analysis book by Gerald Apel. 80% is going tangent on the first read, guess I will pick up soon.
If you could, please point me to some EASY to understand literature on fundamental analysis as well.
I shall have to take positions once the markets pick a trend, but I am pretty much clueless right now.
Thanks again for the warm welcome.
Enjoy your holidays!