Too many choices for online trading!

Hi all, Firstly i must say this forum, is a versatile platform for the trading needs of experts and newbies, congrats on that to traderji.
As I am a newbie I have read most of the threads on starting an account etc. Unfortunately no one thread has given a comprehensive solution as to where to start a trading account, as most are a general discussion or pretty old in terms of review. After some leg work some of the basic facts I dug about on the know traders are as follows :-
Indiabulls.com Starting fee Rs 750 (Dmat+trading account etc) extra for their stand alone software. Web based terminal sw free. Trade in BSE/NSE.
Yearly Maintenance - ?
Call based trading - Yes
Brokerage Intraday - 10P/Rs100
Delivery - 50p/Rs100
After office bookings - ?

Religare.com
Yearly Maintenance - ?
Call based trading - ?
Brokerage Intraday - .05%
Delivery - .50%

Kotak Securities
Yearly Maintenance - ?
Call based trading - ?
Brokerage Intraday - 0.05%
Delivery - 0.45%

ICICI.com
Opening charget dmat+trading+savings ac - Rs 975
Trade in NSE/BSE
Yearly Maintenance - Rs 500 less Rs 50 thereof per yr
Allows buying in Mutual funds/IPO's
Call based trading - Yes
Delivery - 0.75%

SBI Securities
Opening Charge dmat+trading - Rs500
Trade in NSE/BSE
yearly maintenance - Rs 200 for dmat
Allows buying in Mutual funds/IPO's -?
Call based trading - ?
Brokerage Intraday - 0.075%
Delivery - 0.50%
Booking platform Motilal Oswal which seems to have quite a good name in industry.

HDFC Bank :-
Opening charge dmat+trading+saving - ?
Savings acc requires min rs2500
yearly maintenance - Rs 500
Allows buying in Mutual funds/IPO's -?
Call based trading - ?
Delivery - 0.50%

These of course are the agents quotes. What lies beneath is something which the seniors can only say,eg hidden costs, sudden selling of stocks, wrong trading, time for order to be realized in real time. For my own requirements, as a newbie I have a corpus or Rs15k to invest which of course i will increase once im comfortable. I aint looking at trading more like investor type, and plan to hold shares for long time in the volatile market scenario. As such market research etc. makes little difference as i do my own research and input work. Given these details I ask the seniors to point the pros and cons of the trading platform and give their suggestion asap.! thanks!

Re: To many choices for online trading!

Thanks Ditchtech... Even I too want to know about which online platform is good for daytrading?
I want the seniors to guide not only about the Brokers mentioned by Ditchtech but also about the Reliance Money, Angel Brokerage, IL&FS and Mansukh... It is a great confusion about choosing an online platform.
Thanks!!!

Re: To many choices for online trading!

Hi,

Really useful info. Thnx for that.

But, is there any fine or something like that charges, means

1. is any charges If i wont trade / invst. for particular period.

2. is any fine if i trade without any cash in account(this may happen by mistake)

3. is there any charges in case of if we ask them to send any special report or the statement by any medium (mail/physical)

4. is there any charges/brokerage for dividend / bonus / splits / rights given by the scrips we have.

Also, anyone plz list out is anyother hidden charges missed here.

Thnx.
Santhakumar S.

hi all,

I have the same questions as ditchtech and thinking between

SBI
HDFC
ICICI

I also have low volume/long term holding criteria. Can anyone please suggest between the above three:)

I might go for SBI as I already have salary account there. They are offering two options: SBI demat+SBICAP Sec trading and SBI demat+Motilal Oswal trading. Charges are 400/- for opening + 350/- p.m. for demat (1st year free) in both the schemes, 0.5% for trading. Can anyone please suggest between SBICAP Sec and Motilal for trading?

Thanks in advance,

DD

Guys I don't have much of a knowledge but I would like to say that, Woudn't it be better if you go for a seasoned broker(instead of a bank) because they can provide better and detailed info and advice for your investments. Ofcourse you may want to do your reaserch on your own but they do narrow it down for you.