Tom de mark sequential monitor for nifty50 stocks

VJAY

Few members sent pms desiring that the thread be kept open.Vivektrader can post whenever he gets time or someone else will post...

Happy to reopen the thread.

Smart_trade
Good decision ST da :thumb:....hats off to vivek bhai too

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
If you use close13> close12 > close 11 then the sell came at the top of the move....

Smart_trade
Right sir,
Sir,
Is there any way to know how far the correction may go(will it even complete buy set up) :
For e.g.
1. How much distance it travels in first 4-5 sessions with regards to relevant TDST.
2. A prospective buy setup (in the case above) is soon interrupted by a flip bar after 4-5 sessions.

Last edited:

vivektrader

From now on, I will try to forward test 'exit' (premature) in slow progressing trades, after an entry is triggered post completed CD, for example if a buy is triggered after a completed buy CD, and trade starts to move in right direction and a sell setup starts evolving, I would consider exit if a flip bar pops up, or if enough progress is not made in first 4-5 trading sessions post entry.
Can reenter if another flip bar (in original direction) appears with strong candle.
The idea is to stay with strong reversals and exit weak corrections in strong trends, so that a profitable trade does not become a loser.
Example: In the below Maruti chart if one was short, we are at evolving buy setup 2, now if a flip bar(sell setup 1) appears, one should consider exit.

Vivek

Last edited:
From now on, I will try to forward test 'exit' (premature) in slow progressing trades, after an entry is triggered post completed CD, for example if a buy is triggered after a completed buy CD, and trade starts to move in right direction and a sell setup starts evolving, I would consider exit if a flip bar pops up, or if enough progress is not made in first 4-5 trading sessions post entry.
Can reenter if another flip bar (in original direction) appears with strong candle.
The idea is to stay with strong reversals and exit weak corrections in strong trends, so that a profitable trade does not become a loser.
Example: In the below Maruti chart if one was short, we are at evolving buy setup 2, now if a flip bar(sell setup 1) appears, one should consider exit.

Vivek
Here I can see that the sell signal (when c< o ) came above the stoploss calculated as par CD 13.So most likely this signal will recycle....

Smart_trade

vivektrader

Here I can see that the sell signal (when c< o ) came above the stoploss calculated as par CD 13.So most likely this signal will recycle....

Smart_trade
This must be your personal observation after trading the system for years, this much I understand that a little bit of discretion in trade management (as you do), will only increase the positive expectancy of the system, scratching the loser trades while at the same time hanging on to winners.
One observation I made was to see after entry, how the price reacts to important EMAs (20&50), if they act as good resistance or support (as the case maybe), the count gets interrupted before even '9’, one can exit at that point.

Vivek