Tom de mark sequential monitor for nifty50 stocks

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
For point 2... Can you please see Message no 1360 of ST sir...he has confirmed what i am saying...
You said in that post that intersection occurred at bar 12, but in case of yesbank, where did it occur?
It occurred on bar 9 on September 5th, after that the first bar that fulfills countdown criteria was on September 7th (that's CD1).
ST sir is the authority in this system (and many more), I haven't seen him erring in his replies, your interpretation is wrong.

Vivek

vivektrader

21 Aug.. Becoz the true range of 25 Sep is more than 1.6 times of previous... And you confirmed one of your previous post when i asked that if next setup is more than that we ignore the latest setup and follow previous...
That's correct (1.618 times).
So countdown will be based on setup 1.
Which completed on October 5th as per my reading (intersection occurred on setup bar 8 on 20/8, first CD bar on 23/8.
The script has been in continuous downtrend with multiple failed buy 13s in the past, be careful, can fail this time also, considering present market state.

Vivek

vivektrader

Intersection is an overlap of the bar with a bar that is 3 bar earlier or further upto bar 1. Earliest intersection can occur is at setup bar 8, i.e. overlap of bar 8 range with bar 5 or 4 or 3 or 2 or 1. If it doesnt happen at 8, we look at 9, if not 9, 10 or 11 and so on (till it occurs).
so if it occurs at 8, we can count from 9 (if it fulfills countdown criteria), if occurs at 9, again CD can start fro 9 itself and so on.
Hope that clears....

Last edited:
Intersection is an overlap of the bar with a bar that is 3 bar earlier or further upto bar 1. Earliest intersection can occur is at setup bar 8, i.e. overlap of bar 8 range with bar 5 or 4 or 3 or 2 or 1. If it doesnt happen at 8, we look at 9, if not 9, 10 or 11 and so on (till it occurs).
so if it occurs at 8, we can count from 9 (if it fulfills countdown criteria), if occurs at 9, again CD can start fro 9 itself and so on.
Hope that clears....
Vivek I also had same doubt..that if intersection occurs at 8 or 9 but if the setup still continues with lower low or higher high from where we should start Countdown....
I tried to be as clear as possible in my query to ST sir...that even if low/high of 8 or 9 is lower than 1 to 7 but we still had more bars with lower low or higher high then frm where we should start Coutdown TD 9 Itself or later and he said later...so i am working accordingly..

May be if ST sir can reply again... that may be i wasn't able to explain the query properly and thats why he got confused or he understood my query and still maintain his earlier ans...

That's correct (1.618 times).
So countdown will be based on setup 1.
Which completed on October 5th as per my reading (intersection occurred on setup bar 8 on 20/8, first CD bar on 23/8.
The script has been in continuous downtrend with multiple failed buy 13s in the past, be careful, can fail this time also, considering present market state.

Vivek
Yes thanks for cautious...i haven't buyed it purely on TD setup..some other parameters as well with small sl of close below 30

Vivek I also had same doubt..that if intersection occurs at 8 or 9 but if the setup still continues with lower low or higher high from where we should start Countdown....
I tried to be as clear as possible in my query to ST sir...that even if low/high of 8 or 9 is lower than 1 to 7 but we still had more bars with lower low or higher high then frm where we should start Coutdown TD 9 Itself or later and he said later...so i am working accordingly..

May be if ST sir can reply again... that may be i wasn't able to explain the query properly and thats why he got confused or he understood my query and still maintain his earlier ans...
I have no confusion in my mind.In the earlier question it was said that the intersection happened on bar 12 so the answer was we start countdown from bar 12.Now you are saying the intersection happened on bar 8 the or 9 th, in this case the count down starts from bar 9 ....the rule is if the intersection happens at bar 8th or 9th, the countdown to start from bar 9th at the earliest ( meaning even if intersection is on 8th bar, the count down does not start from 8th bar but it starts only from bar 9th provided count down conditions are satisfied.) But if the intersection is delayed, then the countdown starts from whichever bar the intersection happens 10 th,11 th 12 th or any subsequent bars and set up can continue even further and countdown start does not have to wait for set up completion.....

Hope I am clear in my communication....if still in doubt, post the chart with markings on it.You mentioned in earlier question that the sell set up continues till bar 13 and intersection is on bar 12 and low of bar 12 is the lowest of all bars from 1 to 7.....is it a real case or hypothetical case ? If real please post the chart.....

Smart_trade

Last edited:
I have no confusion in my mind.In the earlier question it was said that the intersection happened on bar 12 so the answer was we start countdowm from bar 12.Now you are saying the intersection happened on bar 8 the or 9 th, in this case the count down starts from bar 9 ....the rule is if the intersection happens at bar 8th or 9th, the countdown to start from bar 9th at the earliest ( meaning even if intersection is on 8th bar, the count down does not start from 8th bar but it starts only from bar 9th provided count down conditions are satisfied.) But if the intersection is delayed, then the countdown starts from whichever bar the intersection happens 10 th,11 th 12 th or any subsequent bars and set up can continue even further and countdown start does not have to wait for set up completion.....

Hope I am clear in my communication....

Smart_trade
Great to see you ST sir.... Sorry then for all the confusion..I think i didn't frame the question correctly....