Votes: 28 16.2%
  • The Holy Grail EXISTS AND I DON'T KNOW IT

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 30 17.3%

• Total voters

anuragmunjal

Holy grail= bank fdr

u are seeking 'holy grail' in speculation.. 'farming', I suppose is one of the oldest professions that mankind knows..(after the hunter-gatherer stage..I suppose).
I spent a little time staying in an apple orchard in himachal...spent a little time with the owner..
seems the way the business runs...
people have apple trees on their farms/orchards.
the more enterprising ones pick up others' farms on yearly contract.
they tend the farms thruout the year..ie. watering. putting insectsides,tending to insect infected branches(they actually paint them if they are infected or sumthing similar , frm what I could gather) and various other things that I probably could not gather....
finally they are dependent upon the weather. ie. rains or probably 'the lack of it' at the right time..
even after they have a good harvest there is no gauranty that they wd be able to sell their produce at the right price..they have to sell before a better quality apple from let's say 'kinnaur' or probably 'kashmir' comes into the mkt.
do 'they' know that they wd end the year in profit' at the start of the year.,I do not think so.. if u ask 'him', u w'd probably get the reply that this is how it is supposed to be done and 'God willing' the results wd be 'good'..
that to me is the 'holy grail'.. u trade 'right'..u do everything right (as per ur system..whatever it may be..as long as it is well researched), u wd definitly get a few bad weeks or months here or there.. but on balance u wd outperform that 'bank fdr' mentioned above...and that to me is the 'holy grail'.

regards

intellibitz

Sehwag batted as if meditating. "You just react to the ball," he once told me. "If the ball is there to be hit, you just hit it. Don't worry that this is a Test or one-dayer or T20. You just hit it. Because it's your routine. Every time you practise in the nets, you just go and see the ball and hit the ball. You are not worried about 'what if I get out'. You are not worried about a four or a sixer, one or two. You just hit the ball. And enjoy the sound. At the end of the day if you hit the ball or defend the ball, you love the sound that comes when the ball hits the bat."

Sehwag had me by then. As if enlightened, I added: "And that sound won't come when you are leaving the ball" Like an arithmetic teacher who had just shown me how to add two and two, he smiled benevolently and said: "Exactly."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/592414.html

anuragmunjal

You just hit the ball. And enjoy the sound. At the end of the day if you hit the ball or defend the ball, you love the sound that comes when the ball hits the bat."
hmm..now that looks like the 'holy grail'...but what happens when Sehwag goes to Australia or lets say South Africa... the same ball comes at him around four inches higher, it just kisses the top of the bat...and ...
Now, Sehwag being a veteran realises that matches in 'Australia' and 'South Africa' wd be few... since his strength is 'Ahemdabad' and similar grounds,he knows he wd play more matches there..
now if u see my previous post, that was exactly my point..keep on working ur strengths(ur system if it is properly researched)...if u win 'more often than not', if u can manage ur account ..u have the 'holy grail'.

regards

Last edited:

jahan

hi all,

i voted the holy grail exits,......

why....

bcoz i know

in my opinion or in my terms of holy grail is, within me if i control myself in bad and good positions then iam the holy grail.

so dear fellow traders dont search for it, even god can't make holy grail system, why bcoz of human involvement in markets, and human only need to face it.

even god Rama can't predict that seetha is going to be kidnapped by ravana.

if he does there is no ramayana.

so losses are part of business, make systems that are suitable to ur psychology, and accept small losses, wait for a big win .

My suggestions for a system.

1) don't stress to much on entry, stress only on exit , why ... bcoz exit only
tells ur in profit or loss.

2) learn position sizing techniques, so that when u win , u win big.

3) at least try to make a system that gives u 1:2 Risk/reward when u win.

4)figure out your Max.drawdown u can bear.

5).define rules for ur system and follow religiously.

6)always keep bigger picture in mind (i.e main trend).

regards
jahan.

DanPickUp

The Holy Grail remains elusive even for the greatest of them all:

SRT, sure would be thinking about it now.

"How to Exit is more important than When to Enter", i guess!
No.

Do not understand it wrong. :) Read on<

There is no rule about that.

Just experience and becoming a feeling where stop losses are or could be placed and being cached there in to a new trend by placing our orders in that zone.

DanPickUp

Thank you all of you for reading this post, I have a very specific reason to thank all of you. I have seen that most of us has a tendency to learn quick strategy or methodology and making quick money in fortnight. LOL. I dont know about you, but I love History and theoretical approach on anything. I found that this particular thread is perfect to share my some views of biggest stock market doom and bloom. At the end of the reading I expect some view of you also. :)
Here is the some historical biggest events in global market, some happen in USA and some in UK. I know many interesting stories(real facts) about our BSE, NSE and my home town Calcutta Stock Exchange also. If other members find my post interesting, then let me know. I will post them also here.

These are the biggest events (doom) of Global stock market

• Tulip mania (1637)
  • South Sea Bubble (1720)
  • Canal Mania (1792)
  • South American Mining Bubble (1825)
  • Railway Mania (1845)
  • Western Blizard Crash (1857)
  • US Civil War Boom (1861-1873)
  • The Great Crash (1929)
  • Black Monday (1987)

Anybody can google them or can use Wiki pages to know better. I am not going to copy and paste from there. :)

These are the biggest bubble bust known to me. I appreciate if other members add more here.

Thanks a lot