The Gann Box

Hello Friends,

Sorry couldn't make a post in past few days, but I've witnessed the slowdown in you people's interest.

Anyways, I have to continue my work.

So I would need replies on how many people experimented the three of ideas I've provided?

1. Thinking about one trading day as a 360 degree circle
2. Thinking about one trading day as four squares of nine
3. Thinking about one trading day as one square of tweleve

Like I said, I want YOUR participation to help you learn this theory (NOT THE THEORY SORRY, THE VERY PART OF THE THEORY WHICH I BELIEVE I HAVE UNDERSTOOD)

So I need answers....

And by the way, I would love to know whether it proved any good for you to experiment in this!

Regards

Max
Please let me know whether you should go from previous top to forecast new top by adding 2 to the sq root of top to find a new resitance. Like for Nifty@ 4224 sq root is 64.99 and after adding 2 , the next level is 64.99+2=66.99 and sq of this is 4488 and this should correspond to 360 degree movement as 0.5 movement is 45 degree.How do you conclude the range of new bull or bear rally?

U

uasish

I am watching & getting amused day by day,other than Saint,who is best ,there are many who actually walk you through a concept in their threads.Nobody jumps up to say i know, i know, nor do they act or communicate from "Parent Ego" as people are doing here.I want to know from makarand.more or birdinfo,have any of you developed any signal giving indicator on 360 degree for day trading or on sq of 9 ,& do you practise this in everyday mkt ? if not then continue this thread without any possee posture or snobberry.

Asish

I am watching & getting amused day by day,other than Saint,who is best ,there are many who actually walk you through a concept in their threads.Nobody jumps up to say i know, i know, nor do they act or communicate from "Parent Ego" as people are doing here.I want to know from makarand.more or birdinfo,have any of you developed any signal giving indicator on 360 degree for day trading or on sq of 9 ,& do you practise this in everyday mkt ? if not then continue this thread without any possee posture or snobberry.

Asish
Hello Ashish,

I believe you have been misconcepted about the thread. Let me adress your statements one by one
1. Regarding the "Parent Ego", I think all you need to do is to just go over the thread again. I have neve said, "I know something you don't"The very motive of this thread is to share the very small piece of knowledge I have gained and gain more knowledge from those who know about Gann and his theory. Unfortunately, not many on this community forum are participating. Maybe the lack of maturity in myself could have been the reasons. Supposedly, I am not touching the right subjects, but I would request you not to consider the "Sharing" as "Egotism" and go throught my posts again in order to gain an understanding of my approach:)
2. Secondly, you said whether we have developed an indicator. The answer is, the very tools which Sir Gann has left us are themselves enough and you need not have an indicator developed in order to benifit from them.... and yes I practice these tools on a day to day basis and would be coming to proofs of same in the same thread. If you are interested in same, keep in touch with my posts.

By the way, NO HARD FEELINGS! I am doing all this from a good cause.... you can realize that from all my threads and posts....

I am always open to all type of Critisim

Regarsd

Max

Please let me know whether you should go from previous top to forecast new top by adding 2 to the sq root of top to find a new resitance. Like for Nifty@ 4224 sq root is 64.99 and after adding 2 , the next level is 64.99+2=66.99 and sq of this is 4488 and this should correspond to 360 degree movement as 0.5 movement is 45 degree.How do you conclude the range of new bull or bear rally?
I am trying to discuss the very basic elements of calcualting "Time" initially. I've not even touched the subject of squaring up price with time. This is the approach I try to follow while learning Gann....

If would be posting the Images and documentation for the same in next few of my posts.. continue to refer to same.

Regards

Max

U

uasish

makarand.more,

Your effort is good, but this 2 lines from your earlier post ;

1) “People over here cannot even relate to a a trading day as a…………”

2)“I am trying to remove the same fear out of the minds of the traders as much as I can do.”

Does speak of "Parent Ego" ,every new & old member is assumed to be a trader / investor,or want to be a trader/investor & to attain that each one of us have a quest for knowledge .Your this thread is a very imp. portion of TA,
hence these attitude needed to be pointed out,we have seen how Saint & many respected members has conducted & still conducts as a co-ordinator,i personally want to learn from you & others ,to enrich & fine tune.Yesterday i had a long chat with one of our serious member (only 21 yrs of age,younger than my son) & frankly i have learnt how he apporaches PRICE.
I am trying to learn "Pattern" ,EW from seriuos members here in this forum.
So there are many things you & i do not know or yet not explored properly.Hence this forum is a place where we share as equal.It is not bestowed by somebody from a higher platform on us ,it is by us, for us.However looking forward to your next stage of unfolding "Gann " to us .There is no bad feeling from my part.

Cheers.

Asish

I read somewhere that some people contacted Gann's only surving son and he was not rich (although he had traded with his father) and who said that his father made money primarily from selling courses...

Hi makrand,

Pleased to know the level of your knowledge. Even i have been going deep in gann,elliot & fibonnaci.a good interpretation of the three works wonder in all rising & falling markets.

I am looking out for a software which has all the three ingredients.
Mostly ganntrader.The cost of ganntrader 3.0 is exorbidant.

can you help me out with any alternative or a copy.

Please look into the matter seriously and advice.

regards,

girish

RCM

W.D.Gann spent a lifetime hand drawing charts using historical data. He found patterns or waves of price action measured against time. Gann was a momentum trader and developed different methods of measuring changes in momentum. The measurement of rate of change of price over time allowed him to accurately forecast changes in prices. The most useful Gann angle is the 4 x 1

Gann also studied long and short term cycles and his ten year cycle has often been correct.

There are very few "Holy Grails" or "Black Boxes" that work every time so one has to try to find the highest probability of the next price action - up, down or sideways.

The most important part of trading is risk management followed by self discipline and elimination of emotion from your trading decisions.

W.D. Gann was a master trader and his methods are well worth studying.