The 60 Min Flow with Break

Do you like to improve the gains by taking a BREAK to The Great60 Minute Flow Trading

• YES, I like it.

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • NO, Will try later.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I am testing the strategy now.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TFL

Requesting you to kindly read this post before posting anything in this thread. Post Link:http://www.traderji.com/equities/24402-60-min-flow-break-2.html#post232830

The 60 Minute Flow with Breaks!!!
by Hari.

Thank you Saint for your Great Flow system.[Link]
In Paper Trading... [Agr.Lead: +300 Points, Trades: 1. See Results]
Dear All,

This Trading Setup is a tweaked version of Mr. Saint's The 60 Minute Flow Trading. I will explain here first about The 60 Minute Flow Trading as we cannot move any step forward with out the flow. Then I will explain my simple but effective tweak and its rules with back test details I am preparing now...
More over this is just a start of the setup and I need all you help to develop it under various live market strategies.

Hope you all will participate and do paper trade with this strategy during live market hours and post your performances and results with this startegy here in an impressive and non-clutter manner.

NB: Please don't misunderstand with the comparisons given between The 60 Min Flow and The 60 Min Flow with Break. The 2 systems comparison is a need here as this is not a new system by a tweaked system. So if the result are no much higher than the Primary 60 Min Flow then there is no use of this tweak. We will abandon the tweak and may be this thread itself if the results are not much favourable. Over all this is only a small tweak. The real credit goes to SAINT itself.

I welcome you all again.
Thank you.
Hari.:)

Last edited:

TFL

I am just trying to explain the basic system. Its not seriously(did some limitted tests) backtested as I need some more time to back test and live test. I hope you seniors and my all friends will track this system from tomorrow. Read the comments in the image below and understand the tweak I have applied to the 60 Minute Flow Trade by SAINT. All other rules are same as Saint Sir's system as of now except the SWR. Hope we all will be active in developing this system for imprived performance. Also I welcome you to post your daily performances with this system here. You can be part of the ++ and look at this system for exits from trades. I have written this passage just before I fall in bed...so please excuse me for rough language. I will frame perfectly later. WELCOME AND THANK YOU ALL.

RULES:
1) The recent 2 PIVOT LOWs (HIGHs in case of Short positions) are joined and projected when a new PIVOT LOW(HIGH for short) is formed.
We from here call these line PLL(Pivot Low Lines) and PHL(Pivot High Lines).
(Eg: PLL1, PLL2, PHL1, PHL2, etc).

2) Follow all the rules of the 60 Min Flow till the SWR is crossed by the price.

3) After SWR is hit EXIT from the position and wait for SAR to hit.

4) On SAR Reverse the position.

SWR = The Price hit the PIVOT LINES - FILTER (15) in case of Long Position and
Price hitting point + 15 in case of Short positions.

Additions(Experimenting!!!): You can assume SAR for ploting PHLs or PLLs when PHs/PLs are not getting nearer. Also if you get clear and visual pivot highs and the new pivot high and SAR are too nearer to each other then, priority for SAR will be second.

NB: Donot need to consider previous PHLs or PLLs.
Only joins recent 2 pivots for PHLs and PLLs.
If SAR is hit before SWR exit and reverse at SAR itself.
Only exit at SWR don't reverse on SWR but wait for SAR to REVERSE.
(Eg: Exit at SWR and wait for SAR to Reverse).

Regards,
HARI.

Attachments

Last edited:

TFL

The Basic System

-----------------------------------------------------​

LIVE PAPER TRADING RESULTS
POSITIONAL
1. 3 OCT 2008 TO 8 OCT 2008
Short since 3848.
The 60 Min Flow Trading : + 660 Points
The 60 Min Flow with Break : + 960 Points
Additonal P/L with this system : + 300 Points
Link to closing CHART/POST : http://www.traderji.com/equities/24402-60-min-flow-break-5.html#post231999

2. 8 OCT 2008 TO ..-..-....
Long since 3534.
The 60 Min Flow Trading : ..... Points
The 60 Min Flow with Break : ..... Points
Additonal P/L with thi system : ..... Points
Link to closing CHART/POST : http://www.traderji.com/equities/24402-60-min-flow-break-6.html#post232232

Last edited:

rkkarnani

The 60 Minute Flow with Breaks!!!
by Hari.

Under Construction...
Dear All,

This Trading Setup is a tweaked version of Mr. Saint's The 60 Minute Flow Trading. I will explain here first about The 60 Minute Flow Trading as we cannot move any step forward with out the flow. Then I will explain my simple but effective tweak and its rules with back test details I am preparing now...
More over this is just a start of the setup and I need all you help to develop it under various live market strategies.

Hope you all will participate and do paper trade with this strategy during live market hours and post your performances and results with this startegy here in an impressive and non-clutter manner.

I welcome you all again.

Thank you.
Hari.:)
Look forward to details!!! Good initiative!!!
BTW : Flow and Break...dont go together!!!!! :D

Thank you seriously. I am backtesting and preparing the data offline to submit.

We can only build dams safely in flows! :D

Hari.
Good initiative Hari,the break sounds interesting.We all will contribute our bit in improving the flow and removing the breaks if any.

One more avenue for our fertile (some call it Khurapati) mind !!!

Smart_trade

orderflow13

Hari,
Congrats for starting this new thread and system.I hope we will get something fruitful from here.I am looking forward for live trades rather than back testing results.Actual emotions, line of thinking, avoiding the new traps all is the part of the live trading.
I will be stay tuned here.

Pattel

Hari,
This tweak is to get out before a confirmation of trend change in anticipation. Nice idea.

Have a question. What would be the strategy if the change don't happen? example we were saved by 10 paise on a trade a month ago where we made profit. Any rules around this scenario?

I know we can test it but just checking if you have already considered this and have a plan.

rkkarnani

The Basic System

Hari,
Great effort!!! Now trying to understand the system!!
We join the 2 most recent lower Pivot High's when we are short, and extend the same to form a Pivot High Line (PHL). Now another Lower Pivot high is formed, the third one, now do we join the 2nd PH and 3rd PH to form the NEW PHL!!??? and then 3rd PH and 4th PH!!! and so on.....
What would be our strategy to reenter in case after hitting the SWR the trend continues in our original direction?
Also kindly post your trades for any month which will surely clarify what is going on in your mind while devising this system!!!
Thanx again!!
-R K Karnani

Status
Not open for further replies.