Tell how u lost ur money.

Hi friends,

To be succesfull it's important to know "how not to succeed". And, with this point of view I want to start a thread where people would share their experience s of loosing trades. We have found so many boasting ideas on winnings. Now let's talk how we loose and use the experience to win in future.

thanks.

drpsiva

Hi friends,

To be succesfull it's important to know "how not to succeed". And, with this point of view I want to start a thread where people would share their experience s of loosing trades. We have found so many boasting ideas on winnings. Now let's talk how we loose and use the experience to win in future.

thanks.
in broad context---hope,fear and greed:)

U

uasish

I loose ,whenever i get few continuous wining trades then a tendency develops to anticipate a Non-existing signal.

Whenever ,before the end of the bar i try to outguess Mkt & try to foresee.

columbus

Though I do not like AVERAGING over a period ,but averaging in a DAY is fair enough.

If you start trading with only one LOT ,the chances are ,you are bound to be a loser ,(unless otherwise you are damn lucky) because finding a bottom or top is very very difficult.

ARMHM

Hi friends,

To be succesfull it's important to know "how not to succeed".
I lost a lot of time. In fact I lost more than I profitted from the market. More than three years and still not learning from my mistakes. I have followed many advises like don't buy when the stock is going down and vice-versa. I think I do not have patience. I sell when the stock goes down a bit and then it bounces back. I bought when when it is going higher and suddenly it retreats. Another bad habit I have is OVERTRADING. So, I need help from you guys there.

I loose, when i'm tired and not alert. A trader must follow proper time and energy management including money management. without good concentration and good mood, it's 10 times more difficult to trade.

U

uasish

Earlier i lost heavily,becoz i found whenever i put Stop order Mkt would go to that Stop ,gulp it ,then go to opposite direction,so i stopped puting stop,so at the end of the day i lost .
Now i realised Mkt just do not know about my existence hence has know intention to take out my stop order ,rather it is I who is making entry at WRONG price.

djsinha

Earlier i lost heavily,becoz i found whenever i put Stop order Mkt would go to that Stop ,gulp it ,then go to opposite direction,so i stopped puting stop,so at the end of the day i lost .
Now i realised Mkt just do not know about my existence hence has know intention to take out my stop order ,rather it is I who is making entry at WRONG price.
Exact the same thing as what was happening to me few dayz back when I used to flout all MM rules and blindly bought as much as I could......when finally the whipsaws would take a good portion of my money.
But strangely after following MM rules strictly...these things have suddenly disappeared.....Prob mkt doesn't want to reward me with more than my fair share.
It knows that I'm trading. Atleast I think so.....

Prabhjeet

The one rule that invariably works whether you are in a bull market or a bear market is to ''buy weakness first and sell stength later''in bull market and inverse this rule to ''sell strength first and buy weakness later'' in bear market.

Looks damn simple but this is the only HOLY GRAIL of markets, I am ok with buying weakness but have never been able to sell strength in this Bull Market