technical analysis course - authorised body

Hi kind hearted seniors,

I'm a small trader and need an advice on this point.

A private institution based at Delhi is offering Certified Technical Analysis course with material, CD etc. with reasonable fees and they say the following things. Is this true? PLS HELP ANY SENIORS

a) If we take up this course and pass an online exam in a span of six months then they say that we are a Certified Technical Analyst and that we can become a sharebroker directly under SEBI. Is this true?

b)OR get a job with starting salary of 35,000/- in big companies.

PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME ON THIS QUERY I'M DESPERATELY WANTING AN ANSWER FOR THIS.

THANKS

comm4300

a) If we take up this course and pass an online exam in a span of six months then they say that we are a Certified Technical Analyst and that we can become a sharebroker directly under SEBI. Is this true?
you can become a sharebroker/sub-broker without any certificate in TA.

b)OR get a job with starting salary of 35,000/- in big companies.
unless the training institute is promising placement don't believe in any certificates. i have had first hand experience.

If you want to get "certificate" go for CMT offered by USA. [google for more info.] that too would be almost at the same cost.

CMT carries weight and job prospectus are v.good.

alonside, have a DEMO account setup, start trading and build a portfolio which can be tracked and will add to your track record.

all the best.

Last edited:
many many thanks to my senior who is so wonderful to give me instant reply,

your advice is taken up sincerely.

thankyou and wishing you all success all your way.

iyerboi

you can become a sharebroker/sub-broker without any certificate in TA.

unless the training institute is promising placement don't believe in any certificates. i have had first hand experience.

If you want to get "certificate" go for CMT offered by USA. [google for more info.] that too would be almost at the same cost.

CMT carries weight and job prospectus are v.good.

alonside, have a DEMO account setup, start trading and build a portfolio which can be tracked and will add to your track record.

all the best.
hi comm,

are there good job prospects in india for CMT? ofcourse id like to be self employed, but to begin with would like to work somewhere and learn the nuances. what are the job roles like in india?

hope these arent too many questions :p

comm4300

hi comm,

are there good job prospects in india for CMT? ofcourse id like to be self employed, but to begin with would like to work somewhere and learn the nuances. what are the job roles like in india?

hope these arent too many questions :p

Hi Pravi,

Yes. absolutely.

CMT has levels that need to be completed. Even completing level I is an achievement.

One of my friends was working in a company which sponsored his CMT course level I. i hear now he is head TA with Birla Money.

in short, haven't heard of a CMT who is jobless.

See, the markets are much beyond nifty and bank nifty it includes, debt, commodity and forex. And there are many international level brokerage houses setting shop in India. These guys know what CMT is and would be happy to take you as a part of their team.

all the best.

disclaimer:
Iam not a CMT, just a self proclaimed TA who depends on charts to make a living. Nor do i get any commission by making people do CMT.