Teach A Man To Fish And.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saint, I have some doubts regarding this chart, can you please clear some doubts.

1. The entry that has been shown by red line is it based on 2 bars back stop coz I dont see any pivot there , as far as I can understand the valid pivot was a bit below at around 3700

2. Do we need to close our trades at 3.25pm and not wait for confirmatory break of two bars back

Regards
As the one discussed was an intraday trade,closed by 3:25 pm......up to you,if you want to close at 3:27 or 3:28pm.

And in an intraday setting,......am looking for every type of pivot.And the 2 bar method to enter and exit.

Saint

Hi,
Pl search this site..there are a few threads where paople have compiled all the Saints works in PDF format...im sorry...a bit busy so could nt find and paste the link.
If u still cant find it, pl let me know aft mkt hrs..will surely try to locate and post
Ah,Rakesh to the rescue....Thx my friend.

Saint

Hi,

I've downloaded saint's "teach a man..." lessons somewhere from traderji long back. It does not contain the lessons taught in the later part of this thread. But i still found that collection is extremely useful. I thank the guy who uploaded it originally.

Here is the link (i uploaded)...

http: //r a p i d s h a r e.com/files/127867676/Saint.zip. ht ml...

If anybody has the latest collection, please share with us...

Thanks,
Sats.
Thanx Sats!

Saint

Thankyou saint for replying.

I understand EMA's have no role in your pivot method but can be used as an advanced warning to get ready when prices stray too far away from these lines. Guess the habit of peeping into the future is ingrained in humans:). Have to curb such tendencies. I follow your posts in "60 mins flow --" thread with great interest and also am trading on that system which has given me great confidence as now my trades are based on logic and have a much better probability of success.

I cannot thank you enough for showing the way. Maybe later as we grow more proficient, you will teach us finer things to graduate on to higher levels.

Please keep up the good work.
Most welcome,Beethoven.

You see,my friend..........when I strengthened my basics,and fine tuned them,I suddenly realised that there were no higher levels......And even if there were,I did not find the need for it.

Saint

Dear Saint,

Upon advice from DADA( )i had just started going thru this thread. It is very informative. As a fresher I may be having a tone of doubts reuest you to help me out whenver you feel comfortable. Many thanks and blessing to you for sharing the bundles of informations.
Thank you for your kind words,Tinchu.

Saint

Dear Saint,

I have been trying to go through this thread assiduously. Still unable to pick correct PH/PL.

I had very good trades on 30th, 1st, 2nd with handsome gains (160 points). Gapdown opening on 3rd wiped off gains and additional loss of 60 Points (ie 200 points). Little bit demoralised, did not trade on 4th inspite of good PH/PL indicators.

Attached Chart with PH/PL as I conceive. Not sure if it is correct. Please comment.

Regards
PAKatil
Depends on the strategy employed my friend....Are you trading the 5min chart?If so,no holds overnight.Are you trading the 60min chart?Or Daily?

Do get back to me.....PM me when free.

Saint

hi to all senior members....
i m learning a lot through this thread..... now with few question of ingersoll rand india....
in the weekly chart is it in uptrend????? as it is making HPH & HPL..... if it is in uptrend then by tomorrow can i buy it??? or it has moved enough that some fall is predicted??? how can i decide further target????? even pls try to explain me pivot how all of you decide that?????
because of my less experience with computer m unable to compress the chart but as soon as it wl occur i will attach it...
before that if possible please reply me.....
thanx in advance.....
All answers are there in this thread.....Once again:Look and you will find.

Read and understand..........no short cuts.Do not expect spoon feeding from me.

Ever willing to tweak your understanding and make it finer .......but the first step of reading and understanding has to be done by YOU.

Saint

Saint,

You are requested to have a look at the attached chart and the explanations and do correct where ever you feel it to do so:-

Bar 1 :Sell @ 4155 with HOD ie. 4185 as stoploss (as per gap rule,as the nifty has opened gap up ,did short at the low of first 5 min. bar)

Bar 2 :Lower s/l to 4137 as new p/l

Bar 3 :s/l hit (point standing +18)

Bar 4 :Sell @ 4115 with s/l 4164 (as 30 min pivot broken)

(Doubt: The 30 min pivot is broken @ 12:15 on 5 min chart ,but the bar would be formed @12:30 on 30 min chart,so one has to wait for the completion of bar on 30 min chart or go for the short on 5 min chart @ 12:15)

Bar 5 :Lower s/l to 4098

Bar 6 :Add @ 4065 with same s/l of 4098

Bar 7 :Lower s/l to 4052

Bar 8 :Add @ 4030 with same s/l 4052

Bar 9 :Lower s/l to 4050

Bar 10 :Lower s/l to 4045

Bar 11 :Add @ 4030 with same s/l 4045

Bar 12 :Stop loss 4005 hit as the piovt(3.00) has been taken out and all postions has been closed

thanx

dn
Excellent,Diamondnerve.........great going!!

Saint

ps:A warm welcome 2 traderji as well!

All seniors are requested to comment-

In the following NTPC daily chart lower pivot highs and lower pivot lows are formed apart from descending triangle.
Does according to saint's pivot method, should we short NTPC future?
First of all,that's not a descending triangle....and if you are a daily chart trader,you are still short NTPC from May middle.

Important guys....the word "short on the first break of a previous pivot low".

Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.