TBQ and TSQ in market depth ?

yusi

Hi All,
How TBQ and TSQ quantity in market depth calculated ? also how volume in any scrip is calculated ?

Regards
AFAIK, TBQ / TSQ quantity is the sum of the buy / sell limit orders in the exchange's order book. For each order, the value of the disclosed quantity is used. This is easy to verify by placing orders on a low volume symbol and watching the values. It does not include orders from the stop-loss book.

Volume is simply the actual traded volume. Unsure how and when off-market trades are adjusted; do not think they are. Also, I think bulk deals are included in the volume as I have seen high volume changes without change in price.

But you would know this, so maybe you need to make your question more elaborate.

Vertigo_1985

Hi Yusi,
Thanks for your reply.
Yeah, had an idea about the answer but wasn't sure..so asked. Was watching market depth and never saw TBQ or TSQ go down. As they are orders to be executed they should sometimes go down too as traders cancel their orders, but they never did. It was a high volume stock with news and in morning session, so even if it did happen maybe i missed it. Checked with a low volume stock and they were going up and down.
Want to know more about how order placement and other small things work in indian market..can you suggest some source ?

Regards

yusi

Yeah, had an idea about the answer but wasn't sure..so asked. Was watching market depth and never saw TBQ or TSQ go down. As they are orders to be executed they should sometimes go down too as traders cancel their orders, but they never did. It was a high volume stock with news and in morning session, so even if it did happen maybe i missed it. Checked with a low volume stock and they were going up and down.
Want to know more about how order placement and other small things work in indian market..can you suggest some source ?

Regards
Will try to dig up some source; it has been a considerable time since one thought about this. Am sure others have some references handy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
columbus Derivatives 25
S General Trading & Investing Chat 3