TA course by Precision Technicals

Is it worth to buy the software from them or we can still use free software's ( ChartNexus??)? If yes can you name few? Also which one can give you screener like precision software?

They charge 9927.00/- for two days. I booked 2 months in advance so got 20% discount. Here are details. http://www.precisiontechnicals.com/technical_analysis_shedules_charges.asp I am not aware of any online course by them. The reason I gone for class room training is, it can save your 100 hrs of reading posts and articles. You can ask questions, many others do ask, so you can learn from other's mistakes.

BTW: They run PMS, minimum ticket size is 1 Cr. I was told that they are managing around 1100 Cr under PMS.
Secondly on brokers side, I must say, I also made money on Motilal Oswal's calls. They give good positional calls.
They are managing huge amount 1100 Cr und PMS. Under which name do they have licence for managing PMS. What is the licence no. Please let us know. I want to verify it from SEBI Site

Hi Guys,
I attended 2 days TA training session on 9,10 Oct 2010. Ashish Kelkar of Precision Technicals, Pune conducted the sessions. Here is my feedback.
1. I need to book it almost 2 months in advance as all other batches were full.
2. They had exactly 50 people in batch.
3. The arrangement was very well.
4. Very discipline training, I did not get even 10 mins to chat around and make time pass. :rofl:. It started in time, they covered all planned work. They exactly tell you what time, they will train what. They are very serious about whole course.
5. They answered all questions very well, they did not closed Q&A just saying - will take it offline. :clapping:
6. Now regarding TA - They focused on theory on first day for around 6 hrs.
7. They got around 22 practices including 1st and 2nd day session.
8. It's you - who have to solve the charts and then one of students need to solve for others. - Very good approach.
9. Stocks are from last 10 yrs.
10. Gold was taken as commodity for TA.
11. You need to keep your answer sheet for verification even after trainings, so you can use it again.
12. Very good unique money management training.
13. They have own PROFI$ION software.
14. They focus on EMA - 5,13,26.
15. They give PROFI$ION for 10 days trial, PROFI$ION have scanner as well.
16. On daily basis PROFI$ION can get your probable patters with comments from their TA team.
17. If you want ready made solved charts, you need to go for PPA.
18. They give PPA trial for 10 days.
19. I tried using many free ware tools including Aiotrader, Eclipse trader, yahoo charts, google charts etc. None of these tools are as simple as PROFI$ION.
20. I tried Amibroker too, I found it too complex.

Currently I am a advance learner of TA. I do trade on Motilal tips, Angel and others. My thought process is, if you are doing full time trader job, then you may go for Amibroker like commercial tool for intraday etc. But if you are working somewhere (like me) then it's not worth doing following things on own, against having something like PROFI$ION.
1. Cost of charting tool- Amibroker etc.
2. cost and time needed to download every day charts, populate db, update charts for splits, bonus, dividends.
3. screener for finding right stock every day and monitor what's going on...

When you attend any share market training, you feel you got it right but it never works so easily. The one of issue is trainer never shows his face, so no support. I attended NSE Manipal, BSE, ICICDIRECT training institute sessions too. They have great speakers, but there is no support, help available after sessions. No body helps you if you have any confusion about applicability of theory they teach you.
I decided to subscribe their software because I get support from their TA who solves my confusion. I can send mail with charts and get them answered before market starts.

Before joining session, I talked to people who attended training of http://www.chartadvice.com from
Dr.C.K.Narayan, BSE training institute, Mitcon training as well. BSE's session are one of best but they are every day evening for 3-4 months - 2 hrs daily. I can not make it. Dr. Narayan's sessions are hardly scheduled as per website.
I got lot of references of http://www.precisiontechnicals.comhttp://www.precisiontechnicals.com from many guys who came to NSE trainings and other friends and traders. After talking to many of their satisfied customers, I decided to go for training.
I also gone thru many books and reading this and many websites on TA. The problem is there are always too many indicators and views. By looking at so many factors, you can make LOSSES. I now do TA and little fundamental analysis (I learned at BSE Institute).
MARKETING IS NOT EVERYONE'S CUP OF TEA:thumb:

rpc

Hi Mr Kanitkar
Pls clarify whether you get their software also for 9927/- or you have to pay separately for software which cost around Rs 11000/- .If so, have you bought the software also or you are trading on the basis for training you received.
Thank you.

ntn

Hi Mr Kanitkar

On Precision website its mentioned about the course that

"This workshop covers three important things

1. Picking a Stock
2. Deciding a Price Target
3. Deciding the Time Frame for Investment"

To get all the above three things do we need to use software ONLY developed by them or can we use any software for the same.

Please comment.

Placebo

I don't know what happens now or how they go about their business. During June 2008 i had attended the technical analysis workshop conducted by Mr Kiran Jadhav. He was really amazing and explained things to the best of his ability. That was my first encounter with technicals so i took a one year subscription for their software which works really well if combined with what was taught by the trainer.

I don't know about this Ashish Kelkar guy but if my memory serves me right he used to be Mr Jadhav's sidekick. Anyways if someone is just starting out then go for it and think of all their teachings as a defense manual with chart patterns and don't expect too much out of it.

And no matter what you do please do not attend the workshop of F&O. Its the biggest waste of time , energy and money.

Cheers

hello seniors,

i am new to all this.
but after having gone through all messages i have a question for all users.
why do users on this forum do not display their real names?
due to this i am confused on the quality of discussion and advice.
is this a genuine blog.
i am confused and have simple questions to all masters.
is this stock market full of people who do not display their real names.
i have heard of a lot of brokers running away. is this something like them.

dhanyawaad!

ganpat

aryan.

hello seniors,

i am new to all this.
is this a genuine blog.

dhanyawaad!

ganpat
Dont look at the usernames, check out the number of times they have been thanked by others at the right side.

columbus

hello seniors,

i am new to all this.
is this a genuine blog.

dhanyawaad!

ganpat
Hello Ganpat,

Few years back ,when I was registering with my real name ,Traderji asked
me to take a "nick name".When I was looking for a NICK ,my cyber cafewallah
came to my rescue.At that he was playing a song "COLUMBUS..COLUMBUS...."
(From JEANS movie, a popular song in Telugu/Tamil).