Systematic Investment Plan

Hi all,
can anyone tell me which is the most cost efficient way of doing an SIP out of direct debit/standing instruction/ECS. I would also like to know the charges levied by different banks for the same. Thanks.

Hello everyone, a query regarding MF.
i have a SIP of Rs 2000 on HDFC index fund for the past two years.
Now that the SIP for the two years is over, would you recommend that i close the SIP and invest the amount in Fixed deposit or let it remain in the MF or reinvest somewhere else, if so where
regards

If you are satisfied with the growth then let it be; but if you are not satisfied than fixed deposit is not a bad option since fixed deposit interest rates accumulate and give you handsome amount at the end of maturity.

Hello everyone, a query regarding MF.
i have a SIP of Rs 2000 on HDFC index fund for the past two years.
Now that the SIP for the two years is over, would you recommend that i close the SIP and invest the amount in Fixed deposit or let it remain in the MF or reinvest somewhere else, if so where
regards

Hello All,

With due respects to Vicky and other senior members in this forum i wish to present my tabulation on the MF's i am planning to invest.

Aim: To Invest around Rs. 3,000 - 5,000 every month
Duration: planning to split into 3 parts viz 5 years, 10 years and 20 years
Risk Apetite: Medium Risk

My preferences:

Equity:

Reliance Regular Savings Equity-G - 20%
Reliance Regular Savings Balanced-G - 20%
DSPBR Top 100 Eqt Reg-G - 20%
Sundaram BNP Paribas S.M.I.L.E. Reg-G - 10%
HDFC Top 200-G - 10%

Debt:
BSL MIP II Savings 5-G - 10%
Canara Robeco Income-G - 10%

I am requesting all respected seniors and other members of the forum to go thro' the details provided above and suggest me if there could be some alterations made:

Kindly do suggest the MF's i could choose in terms of 5 years, 10 years and 20 years.

Looking forward to your response.

Always,
Ananth :thumb:
Having worked in the past with icici bank, hdfc and with edelweiss i have come to the conclusion that for medium to low risk apetite there's no fund better than edelweiss edge. However you may also look into birla sun life mf's.

If you need any help, i will be more than happy to oblige.

niftyoption

How many funds mein SIP karna achha rahega? Mein 10 thousand tak kar saktha hoon. total mein
Dear Sir

While investing in MF SIP please watch these points

1.MF portfolio maintain not more than 6-8 funds
(monitoring is difficult )

2.In portfolio of MFs Growth Funds , Value Funds , Balanced Funds , Debt Funds

3. If any person invest in equity or MF "he should calculate how much amount
invest in MFs " It is based on his Age , Age number should invest in Debt Funds and remaining in Equity or MF s

Ex: One person aged 25 years old , he should invest 25 % of his savings into Debt or income funds , and remaining 75 % invest in Growth funds or equity

if aged 65 , he should not invest equity in 35 % that to balanced funds

4.half of your SIP starts when market is crashed

5. Half of your SIP starts when markets turns to positive phase

6. investment period 3- 5 years only

7. above 22 Nifty PE Ratio stop SIP and start "Systematic Withdrawal Plan"

8. Don't invest all your amount in one Fund

9.Profit Booking more importent

10.If you invest in 5 Funds " one should invest in Dividend payout plan "
second invest in Dividend reinvest plan , third one invest in Growth fund, Fourth one Invest in Balanced fund , Fifth one is invest in a income fund

:thumb:

Re: SIP detailed comparison

Yes, ELSS Funds are good option because one gets tax benefits while locking your investment for a longer horizon (the good way of going for equity/equity related investments). It might still be a better idea to opt for the dividend payout option in ELSS schemes - because, those periodic dividend payouts work as a steady profit booking mechanism in the 'compromised liquidity' (due to lock-in period) environment ELSS schemes operate in.
Yes, One of the advantages of investing in ELSS is that it is eligible for exemption under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. The maximum exemption allowed under this section is Rs. 1,50,000 per year per Income Tax assesse (according to the prevailing provisions of the Income tax Act).

ELSS, as the name suggests, is an equity-linked scheme. It invests predominantly in equity shares of listed companies. Equity as we all know, has the potential to generate high returns over a period of time. At the same time, it comes with the risk of price fluctuations, or possibility of prolonged periods of low or negative returns.

See more on : http://www.jpmalphabet.com/blogs/elss-a-smart-way-to-save-tax

SIP or Systematic Investment Plan is like a Good EMI , SIP is a way to invest in Mutual Funds, You can start an SIP for as little as Rs.500 per month, Invest Online with the click of a button

that all you can facilitate by SIP.

thanks for reading !

Systematic Investment Plan permits you to contribute a specific pre-decided sum at a normal interim (week by week, month to month, quarterly and so on.) ICICI Prudential's SIP is an arranged methodology towards investment and helps you imbue the propensity for sparing and building riches for what's to come.

Systematic Investment Plan permits you to contribute a specific pre-decided sum at a normal interim (week by week, month to month, quarterly and so on.) ICICI Prudential AMC - SIP is an arranged methodology towards investment and helps you imbue the propensity for sparing and building riches for what's to come.