Swing and Intraday Options trading thread

princy01

I don't know why people scare away from options selling without hedging?

Unlimited loss?

That's theory only, most of the time it doesn't happen, take options selling as equal as shorting based on charts and you are fine have proper stop losses, yes options are volatile, but try to take advantage of the volatility rather than getting scared of it

princy01

If a trader wants to be super successful he needs to understand that it's a tough job to do, all humans have limited brain capacity and if you waste your brain energy on trivial matters then believe me your capacity to do other things gets affected, including trading

I don't watch much news, no TV no paper, in news paper I mostly read entertaining stuff or knowledge improvement stuff, no politics nothing nada............. My trading room has no TV.

A trader needs to focus on his charts so much that his mind should be occupied in charts related stuff even when he is not on pc, day and night, yes it's initially very much necessary later when trader is an expert then maybe he can relax a bit, repetition leads to practice in mind and it matters,

We are so much occupied in trivial stuff in our lives that we forget what a big giant task we have acquired being a trader, nothing is more important than trading In initial years because initial years are make or break time for a trader, if he did not handle these years and could not achieve success the scars of his failures will not let him grow out of hard ship periods.

To each to his own, this is my personal viewpoint, others may differ :)

princy01

I don't see market like this way, I watch only index future or options

My focus is just this nothing else

I don't want to get in the game of anticipation so I just don't try

Think it like this, when I don't have capacity to predict all this why do it, be wrong and lose my confidence and brain in the process?

The sole and only reason I trade is to make money, I try to watch charts and data and if it works for me it does, if it doesn't I don't cry that why it did not

Forgotten the name of the great trader who said even fii has only 60% probability to be right in a current trade, they accept and understand it and don't fight with the market and take next trade if they are wrong

I don't see market like this way, I watch only index future or options

My focus is just this nothing else

I don't want to get in the game of anticipation so I just don't try

Think it like this, when I don't have capacity to predict all this why do it, be wrong and lose my confidence and brain in the process?

The sole and only reason I trade is to make money, I try to watch charts and data and if it works for me it does, if it doesn't I don't cry that why it did not

Forgotten the name of the great trader who said even fii has only 60% probability to be right in a current trade, they accept and understand it and don't fight with the market and take next trade if they are wrong
Seems that you trade options differently . . .

1) Choose an option to write with price between 300 - 400 with a probability of it expiring near zero . . .
2) Assumption that you are doing this about 40 days prior to expiry . . .
3) Assumption 2, is the options selected would be In the money or deep in Money when you write them

If it is so then the price of option would have more of intrinsic value and less of time value.
To my mind it seems using futures for this trade can give us better results with similar risk.

Now whenever I have tried to study/analyse options trading with a component of shorting them,
I have always formed a conclusion that using future would be better way,
so you can safely call my views as being biased and theoretical :D.

But as you are doing this successfully, would like to understand it from you perspective.

Thanks

Happy :)