strategy for choosing good stocks for intraday

gemat

i am looking for an expert advise on how to pick potential stocks and the recommended number of stocks in your watchlist for intraday trading? strategies like picking stocks based on their sector or index performance, their volatility, volume etc. any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

burai123

Look for following:

1. Stock hitting day high or 52 weeks high. (You can get this in your trading software or NSEindia.com

2. Go for Bluechip companies, its safe to trade in intraday
3. Look for Volume gainers (You'll need a good Technial analysis software like spider or falcon
4. Check for Pivot point breakouts.
5. Check for stock with some story / new. However, news can be made so, be smart in trading.
6. Also, if you are good in Fundamental and Technical Analysis. You can apply them.

See, I'll recommend you to go for a formal training for Intraday trading.

Hello All,

Choosing of stocks depends on no. of factors like including your level of experience, how much capital you have available, and what style of trading you are doing. Make a trading plan and your trading plan is dynamic, and, thus, will evolve as you continue to learn and uncover your strengths and weaknesses. Also, your personality type will play a part in the types of stock you trade. Determine what degree of risk you can live with and afford. Focus on creating a stock picking strategy that is designed to preserve capital and control risk. The most important objective should be to preserve capital. You need to make sure to "stay in the game!" If you do that, making money should take care of itself. Certain rules that can help you in selection of stock for day trading:
" Trade liquid stocks
" Avoid unpredictable stocks
" Trade stocks with good correlation
" Move with the trend
" Research
" Trade strong stocks in an uptrend, weak stocks in a downtrend
" Be patient - wait for the pullback
:) :)

hmp

Refer Economic Times 5 consecutive days up/down column, also refer worst or best stocks.If you find stock in both list then its an ideal candidate for next days trading.But select the stock if only & only it is in both lists.If you are bullish then select stock from 5 days down & worst list & next day keep order above yesterdays closing.Buy the stock only it trades above yesterdays close.And for sell its vice versa.
Regards

Look for following:

1. Stock hitting day high or 52 weeks high. (You can get this in your trading software or NSEindia.com

2. Go for Bluechip companies, its safe to trade in intraday
3. Look for Volume gainers (You'll need a good Technial analysis software like spider or falcon
4. Check for Pivot point breakouts.
5. Check for stock with some story / new. However, news can be made so, be smart in trading.
6. Also, if you are good in Fundamental and Technical Analysis. You can apply them.

See, I'll recommend you to go for a formal training for Intraday trading.
My long experience in trading is don't go for 52 weeks high or low as there will always be hype and noise. You must have a system to filter noise and buy at value not at hyped price. It's my personal opinion not to offend anyone. Please understand.