Stop loss price and trigger price?

bunny

Let me try to explain it:

Lets say you want to SL at 60. Inorder to achieve this, you must put the SELL ORDER in the system. The trigger price is the price at which the order is issued to the system.

Example trade:
You purchase ABC shares at 70 with a TGT 100 and SL 60 and SL trigger 65
After some time, the share price starts falling.
As soon as the share price reaches 65(trigger), an order to SELL the shares at 60 would be placed.

Thus,
Trigger price = price at which the order to SELL at SL must be placed!

Let me try to explain it:

Lets say you want to SL at 60. Inorder to achieve this, you must put the SELL ORDER in the system. The trigger price is the price at which the order is issued to the system.

Example trade:
You purchase ABC shares at 70 with a TGT 100 and SL 60 and SL trigger 65
After some time, the share price starts falling.
As soon as the share price reaches 65(trigger), an order to SELL the shares at 60 would be placed.

Thus,
Trigger price = price at which the order to SELL at SL must be placed!
TRY said someone and now I just cry... OPtions are evil or am I dumb

thanks man , for last two days i cant get proper information about stop loss and trigger price, after reading this i clearly understood, once again thanks:thumb:

We can aslo use this stop loss order for automatically closing our positions right ?

For eg :
a) ICICIBANK is trading at Rs. 280.55 at 10:35 AM. I feel that price may go up by 5 points. So i buy it at 280.60
B) And i use stop loss order option to place a sell order at 285.60, so that my order gets executed automatically at that price and the profit is booked.

Can you let me know how many actual trades will I have to put in for following

Action Trigger Price Stop Loss Target-1 Target-2
BUY ABOVE 74.5 72.4 75.5 77.3
S.SELL BELOW 72 73 71 68