Stop loss and brokers

HI all:)

I am currently having an account with Geojit. I trade in Stocks with a holding period of one week and one month. Geojit do not seem to take Stop loss order on a permanent basis. Every day I had to give them the order so that they would upgrade in their system, which makes it inconvenient to me.

Any body have similar experience and if so, any suggestions to make the stop loss order at the time of buy.

thanks in advance

:):):)

vpsarathy

I am currently having an account with Geojit. I trade in Stocks with a holding period of one week and one month. Geojit do not seem to take Stop loss order on a permanent basis. Every day I had to give them the order so that they would upgrade in their system, which makes it inconvenient to me.

Any body have similar experience and if so, any suggestions to make the stop loss order at the time of buy.

thanks in advance

Stop Loss is valid for one day only. If your relationship with RM is good he/ she will repeat it everyday at your risk after taking this in writing from you.
vps

I have an e-boking account ICICIdirect.I trade in nifty options.
It seems that we can't place stop-loss order while trading in options
with ICICIdirect.
Can someone please tell me wether we can place stoploss while trading in options with ICICIdirect

AW10

I have an e-boking account ICICIdirect.I trade in nifty options.
It seems that we can't place stop-loss order while trading in options
with ICICIdirect.
Can someone please tell me wether we can place stoploss while trading in options with ICICIdirect
It is possible in ICICIDirect to plan SL ordres for Options. On options Order placement screen, there are field of LIMIT PRICE and STOP LOSS TRIGGER PRICE.
Example - Let us say, you have long position on Option which is currently trading at 45. You want to sell as soon as price drops to 40. For this scenario, enter SL TRigger price as 40 and Give Limit price slightly less then 40 say 39. Due to limited liquidity in option, if you mention Limit price as 40, then it is possible that you might not find a buyer at 40 and your option will not be sold.

Happy Trading

AW10

thanks in advance

In India, all pending orders are cleared by End of the day hence pending SL order will also
be deleted in the night. I don't know if it is NSE that deletes all orders or it is the application system of brokers. In western world, you can place SL order and forget about it for days but not in India.
Many brokers provide "After Market Hours" order placement facility (like sharekhan, icici etc), You can use that and place the SL order for next day in the night or before market opens.

Happy Trading

A stop loss is an order placed with a broker to sell a security when it reaches a specific price, limiting potential losses. Brokers facilitate trading by executing buy or sell orders on behalf of investors in financial markets.