Stock Closing Quote in MS - Excel spreadsheet

Rkji

hi

is there a way i can setup a cell in excel which updates only current closing price of a stock from the yahoo finance website ?

notice, i mentioned just one cell.

example :-

A1 cell says

next day close should change that 60 to whatever is current closing price of that stock is.

tried ' import from web ' option, but that doesn't lets updated just one value in just one cell.

any excel champions , kindly guide.

thanks & regards.

manishchan

hi

is there a way i can setup a cell in excel which updates only current closing price of a stock from the yahoo finance website ?

A1 cell says

next day close should change that 60 to whatever is current closing price of that stock is.

tried ' import from web ' option, but that doesn't lets updated just one value in just one cell.

thanks & regards.
I don't think only 1 thing can be imported to excel. The way you can do it is use a spare sheet in the excel file to import all the data that you have option for through 'import from web' and then link only 1 cell (closing price) to your main sheet.

amitrandive

hi

A1 cell says

thanks & regards.
Can be done with little programming tricks

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/pull-data-into-microsoft-excel-with-web-queries/#.