Still not doing it right...

augubhai

Watched only Nifty today. I think that my entries are ok, but I still have learn to scratch. Paper trading is not something that like. Earlier, I used to test every system with at least 1 lot in live trading. But now I have decided to put in money only after I have backtested a system enough to gain confidence. Unfortunately, for discretionary systems like the Decision Points system, I think live paper trading is the best way, since there are so many variables and psychology to consider during runtime. I try to be completely honest to myself while 'live' paper trading, but it is still not as good as trading with money.

I live tweeted today's trade with my twitter ID @BakwaasTrading. I find it convenient to use twitter to make notes/record trades.

Yesterday, I also watched the Crudeoil chart for some time in the evening. I don't think that I would have caught any of the downmove. The down move at 5:15 started with a pivot break above 3150. I guess round numbers do not mean much in crude oil, though I am not sure. I could have probably caught the up move later in the night. Today, probably the BOF of 3200 (ignoring the RN, off course)

augubhai

Price moved well today, but it was one of those days, where I am 100% wrong. All my entries were wrong as per the DP system, and pretty late into the moves. Scratched the first couple of trades. Did not even attempt to scratch the last one.

I am one lousy discretionary trader.... Thankfully, I am only paper trading.

augubhai

Posting for self reference...

Code:
/*----- ONE PLUS ONE -----*/

//CU1 AND bsnd==1,UP
//CU2,DN
//CU3,IIf(bsnd==1,UP,UP+DN)
//CU5 AND bsnd!=1,UP
//CU6,UP
//CU7 AND bsnd==1,UP
//CU8 AND bsnd==1,DN

/* -------- Yellow setup bar test ------------
setupBar= (zColor==colorYellow AND NOT lbd) AND NOT farMonth;
Buy=0;Sell=0;Short=0;Cover=0;
BuyPrice=0;SellPrice=0;ShortPrice=0;CoverPrice=0;
for(i=0;i<BarCount;i++){
    local entryH, entryL, tradeON, longON, shortON, setupON;
    if(i==0 OR bsnd[i]==1){         
        entryH=0;entryL=0;tradeON=0;longON=0;shortON=0;setupON=0;
    }
    if(setupON){
        if(H[i]>=entryH AND L[i]<=entryL){
            Buy[i]=1;BuyPrice[i]=entryH;Sell[i]=1;SellPrice[i]=entryL;setupON=0;tradeON=0;longON=0;
        }
        else if(H[i]>=entryH){Buy[i]=1;BuyPrice[i]=entryH;setupON=0;tradeON=1;longON=1;}
        else if(L[i]<=entryL){Short[i]=1;ShortPrice[i]=entryL;setupON=0;tradeON=1;shortON=1;}
    }
    if(longON AND L[i]<=entryL){Sell[i]=1;SellPrice[i]=entryL;tradeON=0;longON=0;}
    if(shortON AND H[i]>=entryH){Cover[i]=1;CoverPrice[i]=entryH;tradeON=0;shortON=0;}
    if(longON AND lbd[i]){Sell[i]=1;SellPrice[i]=C[i];tradeON=0;longON=0;}
    if(shortON AND lbd[i]){Cover[i]=1;CoverPrice[i]=C[i];tradeON=0;shortON=0;}
    if(setupBar[i] AND NOT tradeON){setupON=1;entryH=bandH[i];entryL=bandL[i];}
}
-------- Yellow setup bar test ------------ */

/*-------- Total coverage ------------*/
setupBarLong= ((zColor==colorBrightGreen OR zColor==colorGreen OR zColor==colorYellow) AND NOT lbd) AND NOT farMonth;
setupBarShort= ((zColor==colorRed OR zColor==colorOrange OR zColor==colorYellow) AND NOT lbd) AND NOT farMonth;
setupBar= setupBarLong OR setupBarShort;
Buy=0;Sell=0;Short=0;Cover=0;
BuyPrice=0;SellPrice=0;ShortPrice=0;CoverPrice=0;
for(i=0;i<BarCount;i++){
    local entryH, entryL, tradeON, longON, shortON, setupON, setupLongON, setupShortON;
    if(i==0 OR bsnd[i]==1){         
        entryH=0;entryL=0;tradeON=0;longON=0;shortON=0;setupON=0;setupLongON=0;setupShortON=0;
    }
    if(setupON){
        if(H[i]>=entryH AND L[i]<=entryL){
            if(setupLongON){Buy[i]=1;BuyPrice[i]=entryH;Sell[i]=1;SellPrice[i]=entryL;}
            if(setupShortON){Short[i]=1;ShortPrice[i]=entryL;Cover[i]=1;CoverPrice[i]=entryH;}
            setupON=0;setupLongON=0;setupShortON=0;tradeON=0;longON=0;
        }
        else if(H[i]>=entryH){if(setupLongON){Buy[i]=1;BuyPrice[i]=entryH;}setupON=0;setupLongON=0;setupShortON=0;tradeON=1;longON=1;}
        else if(L[i]<=entryL){if(setupShortON){Short[i]=1;ShortPrice[i]=entryL;}setupON=0;setupLongON=0;setupShortON=0;tradeON=1;shortON=1;}
    }
    if(longON AND L[i]<=entryL){Sell[i]=1;SellPrice[i]=entryL;tradeON=0;longON=0;}
    if(shortON AND H[i]>=entryH){Cover[i]=1;CoverPrice[i]=entryH;tradeON=0;shortON=0;}
    if(longON AND lbd[i]){Sell[i]=1;SellPrice[i]=C[i];tradeON=0;longON=0;}
    if(shortON AND lbd[i]){Cover[i]=1;CoverPrice[i]=C[i];tradeON=0;shortON=0;}
    if(setupBar[i] AND NOT tradeON){
        setupON=1;entryH=bandH[i];entryL=bandL[i];realLongON=0;realShortON=0;
        if(setupBarLong[i]){setupLongON=1;}
        if(setupBarShort[i]){setupShortON=1;}
    }
    //if(tradeON AND zColor[i]==colorYellow){entryH=bandH[i];entryL=bandL[i];} //---- trail
}
/*-------- Total coverage ------------*/