Started Algo Trading - Daily Paper Trade updates

Cubt

Algo Trader
hi friends we usually back test our systems and usually get some
profit values.. we also know how many trades are executed in the time frame.

but how many of us will compute the "number of times stoploss" has hit during
the time frame

if we compute "number of profit trades to number times single stoploss tades
and number of times double back to back stoploss trades has occured" during
back testing, i guess we will be able to keep our mentality in positive way
during real trading
Yes, i hope serious traders will do that before going live with the system.

bunti_k23

hi friends we usually back test our systems and usually get some
profit values.. we also know how many trades are executed in the time frame.

but how many of us will compute the "number of times stoploss" has hit during
the time frame

if we compute "number of profit trades to number times single stoploss tades
and number of times double back to back stoploss trades has occured" during
back testing, i guess we will be able to keep our mentality in positive way
during real trading
Totally agree with u:)
Also not only how many stoploss got hit but what was the max stoploss got hit ,also need to find average stoploss. and same wit target. And obviously u need to find the loosing streak and decide how much of the capital u have to use and how much u have to keep to overcome wit the loosing streak in order to maintain compound interest effect neutral on downside.

By calculating these we shd arrive to the conclusion of system accracy comparison of winners with the loosers.:)

Cubt

Algo Trader
Hi CUbt,

Any updates?

Tahnks,

MT

Hi MT,

Have been trying to implement Ami fuse for a positional trading system. Working with symphony and a external coder. Which data feed vendor u r using? Composite informed me that they increased their brokerage from 18 to 50 per order. Ru also paying the same?

mechtrader

Thats good. :thumb:

I use NimbledataproVM by Gfdl.
NO I still pay 18 per order. They didnot communicate me anything like that.

Can u plz tell which issues you faced that u stopped going live?

Thanks,
MT

mithoon

Am about to go live on Monday, made all necessary arrangements and everything is ready..but struck with slippage calculation.

Am not sure how much slippages i should consider :(

As I would be trading 20 stocks, am sure slippages impact would be higher. When back tested I have factored in all costs like brokerage, STT, Stamp charges, sebi charges etc. But as the slippages would vary with each stock, i was not sure about exact calculation. :(

Could someone tell me what should be ideal slippages that should be considered for stock futures?
<=20% of gross profit(Per Annum) is considered as acceptable slippage.

Last edited:
Hello Cubt,

In case you had used Symphony Presto API for your automated trading, could you please share some info regd. it ?
I want to know whether I need to disclose my decision making algorithm ( the system which generates buy/sell signals ) to exchange or any other auditor ?

Thanks in advance.

Cubt

Algo Trader
Guys,

Am back. This is a post to let you all know that I have not quit. The Dream that I had hold on my mind when i started trading is till there. Let me tell you all, you something already know, Trading ain't all sunshine and rainbows. Its a very mean and nasty business and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and you keep you there if you let it.

You, me, or nobody is gonna get hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, its about how hard you get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. I have corrected my mistakes now. Have implemented what I have learnt all these years now. I truly believe in what I do.

I have finished testing my algo strategy yet again. Its working very well. All bugs have been cleared. Am going live on algo trading in 2 days.

keep you posted on any updates. :thumb:
Just stumbled upon this link. Really it feels great to look back. If had quit algo trading during the set back period, I would have not been a successful trader now.