Some futures queries

Reji

Hi Ankit, :)

Very lucid explanation. AW 10 has once cleard all these doubts for me, through PM sometimes back. You both are really gems of this forum. Hats- off to both of you for helping the newcomers.

Regards

Reji

Dear Sir,
I have some clarification regarding futures contracts.Suppose i buy a lot(3000nos) of suzlon future at the rate of Rs64/- at 11am what would be the amount i should have in trading account.Incase i sell a lot(3000nos) of suzlon future at Rs 68/- at 1pm on the same day what would be the MTM that affects me if it closes at Rs 69/-.The Diffence between buying price and selling price is Rs4/- will the same is credited to my account or taking buying into consideration the difference is Rs5/- is it credited and taking selling into consideration the difference is Rs-1/- is it debited from my account seperately.Is the same lot carried forward seperately to the next trading day till it expires or the deal is considered closed the same day as buying and selling is in equal nos.Please clarify me as i am unable to get satisfactory answers.
Sincerely,
giri kumar.K

columbus

Dear Sir,
I have some clarification regarding futures contracts.Suppose i buy a lot(3000nos) of suzlon future at the rate of Rs64/- at 11am what would be the amount i should have in trading account.Incase i sell a lot(3000nos) of suzlon future at Rs 68/- at 1pm on the same day what would be the MTM that affects me if it closes at Rs 69/-.The Diffence between buying price and selling price is Rs4/- will the same is credited to my account or taking buying into consideration the difference is Rs5/- is it credited and taking selling into consideration the difference is Rs-1/- is it debited from my account seperately.Is the same lot carried forward seperately to the next trading day till it expires or the deal is considered closed the same day as buying and selling is in equal nos.Please clarify me as i am unable to get satisfactory answers.
Sincerely,
giri kumar.K
If lots are taken in Opposite directions ,Say BUY vs SELL
or SELL vs BUY,then expiry is taken at that moment,hence
the question of Carry Forward does not arise at all.