Software to get the live quote for selected(portfolio) stocks

Dear Friends,

After getting the comments, suggestions and appreciation on NSEGrabber, I was motivated to write another software for the benefit of investors/traders. This new software called "NSETicker".

Its a open source grid type software, in which you can add all your favourite NSE stocks and the data will be updated automatically after every specified time. After adding the stocks this software shows the following informations.

1. Company code.
2. Previou's day close.
3. Last Trade price.
4. Today's change (Rs).
5. Today's change (%).
6. Volume.
7. Day's High.
8. Day's Low.

Following are the major features available in this software.

1. Add your favourite nse stocks.
2. Save the portfolio and user settings.
3. Proxy setting.
4. Atomatic and manual refresh ( the stock information will be updated every specified interval )
5. Delete a particular stock.
6. Ticker updates the value only during market hours (10am to 4 pm). saving of bandwidth during non-market hours.:)
7.Color indication ( red - negative and green - positive)

I have explained the usage of this software completly with images. I also uploaded the source code (c#). check my blog for more info.

http://manjunathg.blogspot.com/2007/06/nse-portfolio-ticker.html

If you like the software, then please do drop in ur comments in the blog.

NOTE: To use this software one shud have .NET framework installed in ur machine.

lvgandhi

Dear Friends,

After getting the comments, suggestions and appreciation on NSEGrabber, I was motivated to write another software for the benefit of investors/traders. This new software called "NSETicker".

Its a open source grid type software, in which you can add all your favourite NSE stocks and the data will be updated automatically after every specified time. After adding the stocks this software shows the following informations.

1. Company code.
2. Previou's day close.
3. Last Trade price.
4. Today's change (Rs).
5. Today's change (%).
6. Volume.
7. Day's High.
8. Day's Low.

Following are the major features available in this software.

1. Add your favourite nse stocks.
2. Save the portfolio and user settings.
3. Proxy setting.
4. Atomatic and manual refresh ( the stock information will be updated every specified interval )
5. Delete a particular stock.
6. Ticker updates the value only during market hours (10am to 4 pm). saving of bandwidth during non-market hours.:)
7.Color indication ( red - negative and green - positive)

I have explained the usage of this software completly with images. I also uploaded the source code (c#). check my blog for more info.

http://manjunathg.blogspot.com/2007/06/nse-portfolio-ticker.html

If you like the software, then please do drop in ur comments in the blog.

NOTE: To use this software one shud have .NET framework installed in ur machine.
Really NICE. If you have added graphing it would have been better. I tried your newly released NSEgrabber. It doesn't give high,low. Further nowadays I don't get any graphs. What are the requirements for graph? I have sun java installed. But I am using MSJVM in IE7.

lvgandhi

One more think is that software depends on system time for market timings. I think it should be able to choose from location or should be set by an option.

Yes I am using system timing. I thought taking system timing is enough because all the traders/investor will be up-to-date in machine settings.

Anyway taking time from the TimeSErver is a better option. Will incorporate this changes.