Small Problem in Amibroker

I am using Amibroker 5.60. Recently my system was crashed and i installed a new hard disk. I re-installed the Amibroker 5.60 and restored all my backup.

Now a little problem came.
When i Run backtest on certain AFL...it generates a report with various columns....like
1. Symbol 2. Trade 3. Date 4. Price and so on many columns

in 2nd Coloums it shows Trade- Long or Short Or Open Long or Open Short

Upto This its OK.

The position which are not Open now shows only Long or Short
For the profitable trades,earlier it was showing Long ( Profit) or Short (Profit).

The word Profit was written in bracket Which is not shown now.

At the bottom window earlier it was showing total trades=43 loss=23 profit=20. This type of couting is also not shown

Pls guide what is missing ..what i have to do?

mastermind007

I am using Amibroker 5.60. Recently my system was crashed and i installed a new hard disk. I re-installed the Amibroker 5.60 and restored all my backup.

When i Run backtest on certain AFL...it generates a report with various columns....like

Upto This its OK.

For the profitable trades,earlier it was showing Long ( Profit) or Short (Profit).

At the bottom window earlier it was showing total trades=43 loss=23 profit=20. This type of couting is also not shown

The line at bottom that shows summary of trades is called "Info bar" which you need to turn on from the second last drop down in Automatic Analysis window.

For the rest, you need to share the AFL code.

trash

Upto This its OK.

Profit etc within bracket are shown if you use ApplyStop function within your code. On the other hand iIf you want AB to show custom info within bracket then read this article. http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2014/09/24/how-to-identify-which-signal-triggers/

http://amibrokerforum.proboards.com/thread/35/analysis-info-bar

Thanks for Your Information Particularly About Info Bar....It solved my Problem Partially

In my backtest there are two options- 1. Portfolio Backtest 2. Individual Backtest

Earlier i was using same version of Amibroker but this feature was not there. I am also confuses because i installed from same source.

BTW if i click on Portfolio Backtest, it displays info bar as required but if i click on individual backtest it does not show

Secondly, The same AFL which is without any modification ( In fact All My AFL) were showing profit in bracket. But Not Now
I am very confused

trash

In my backtest there are two options- 1. Portfolio Backtest 2. Individual Backtest

Earlier i was using same version of Amibroker but this feature was not there. I am also confuses because i installed from same source.
It was always there. You were just missing your glasses.

BTW if i click on Portfolio Backtest, it displays info bar as required but if i click on individual backtest it does not show
Just think! What sense does it make to show info in info bar if you backtest multiple symbols individually?! The info of which symbol should be shown then? The one of 1st, 2nd, 3rd .. one?

Secondly, The same AFL which is without any modification ( In fact All My AFL) were showing profit in bracket. But Not Now
I am very confused
Stop staying ignorant. When I'm writing that profit and max loss etc. info is shown in trade column if using Applystop function then that's a fact. You are the beginner not me. So stop making up your own stories just being raised from confusing yourself.

trash

When I'm writing that profit and max loss etc. info is shown in trade column if using Applystop function then that's a fact.
As aside it's needless to say that if I'm referring to ApplyStop then also 'Stops' page of 'Backtest settings' is meant.

You can apply stops via code level or backtest settings. Code level is more flexible and you have more control since everything is in one place then. Beginners use UI settings, Pros use code level. Both groups read documentation before doing something. So simply consult the AB help. Everything about it is written there. Be an action man but not a lamb. Nature has made a special gift to you and everyone else providing a giant biological computer in your head. Activate that one and use it. It's fun! Trust me.

So once again the info you are referring to is showing up if using (apply)stops only.