Simple Day Trading Strategy - Seems well working

does any one well known - the technical analysis of stock trends, - if anyone knows well from it please give the essence of it here in your words.

avad

vALUE ZONE---i use a strategy similar to what you have described.I read it from ST's thoughts on swing and daytrading thread.

The strategy works well....I trade the setup but on higher timeframes...ThE RR is very good.

today also. dlf i traded in 15min tf.

@ avad, gone through ur thread, good initiative.

These two strategies r bit different in initiating trade and closing trade. In ur thread u enter on a breakout of pivot, but in the open out of range one, entry is immediately after setup completion. some times u can manage better entry, rules say, u can enter till it reaches the sl. That makes very high rr possible. Also slippage is minimum as entry is not based on SL order, rather limit orders. tthey suggest risk reward based target and from my experience, most of the days, the trades explode. It is considering prior day High and low only, so no confusion in validating setup.

Nice to known about such a strategy about the candle stick formation if there is a reverse head and shoulder formation then what can we prefer that is we can go for a short or go for a buy

avad

Valuezone---what is strategy used on days when no gap is present? i mean when the stock opens in yesterdays range. The blog didnot clear it or maybe it was my fault that i failed to notice...could you plz explain?

But i must say one thing...the strategy is very good and explains value/market profile trading in an very easy way.
I tried to learn mkt profiling before but was confused by the heavy literature on it.

Last edited:

avad

@ avad, gone through ur thread, good initiative.

These two strategies r bit different in initiating trade and closing trade. In ur thread u enter on a breakout of pivot, but in the open out of range one, entry is immediately after setup completion. some times u can manage better entry, rules say, u can enter till it reaches the sl. That makes very high rr possible. Also slippage is minimum as entry is not based on SL order, rather limit orders. tthey suggest risk reward based target and from my experience, most of the days, the trades explode. It is considering prior day High and low only, so no confusion in validating setup.
Valuezone---could you plz explain what you mean in the sentence i have marked eith bold characters?

Valuezone---could you plz explain what you mean in the sentence i have marked eith bold characters?
sorry for the late reply, now i can't recall what was in my mind when it was written. May it meant setup formation being above high, it is easy to spot.

with regard to ur other post it seems nothing is written about open inside range