Should I continue holding Dena Bank?

I purchased the scrip at Rs. 27.
It is trading far lower..

My question is whether I should book loss now, or wait for market recovery before exiting.

Time is not an issue. I can keep holding for two years, but I don't know if it is worth it.

suri112000

My question is whether I should book loss now, or wait for market recovery before exiting.

Time is not an issue. I can keep holding for two years, but I don't know if it is worth it.
Your entry is at Rs.27. When it reaches Rs.22 buy equal qty. When it reaches Rs.17 buy double the qty.
When it reaches Rs.12 buy quadruple Qty. When it reaches Rs.7 buy double quadruple qty. When it reaches Rs.2 buy quadruple of quadruple of qty and then hold it.

maneverfix

Your entry is at Rs.27. When it reaches Rs.22 buy equal qty. When it reaches Rs.17 buy double the qty.
When it reaches Rs.12 buy quadruple Qty. When it reaches Rs.7 buy double quadruple qty. When it reaches Rs.2 buy quadruple of quadruple of qty and then hold it.
:p
Suri saab,
with this martingale he will remain not only teetotaler, may have to sacrifice tea/coffee too.

suri112000

Suri saab,
with this martingale he will remain not only teetotaler, may have to sacrifice tea/coffee too.
:D
But this brings out whether he is truly a long term investor or not.

Suri saab,
Lol... kamino :p

Anyway, is the future ONLY poor for Dena Bank?
Any factors that could lead to a rise at least to 27 levels if not 30?

It is trading far below its book value.... any insight is appreciated.

primitivetrader

Lol... kamino :p

Anyway, is the future ONLY poor for Dena Bank?
Any factors that could lead to a rise at least to 27 levels if not 30?

It is trading far below its book value.... any insight is appreciated.
there is no insight which is gonna help you. dont do anything sit tight with the stock for couple of years and then sell it in profit dont be an armature by that time to get out of stock @ 27. apply some knowledge and common sense at tht time

I believe its better to take exposure to Housing Finance Companies or even Microfinance companies instead of PSU banks. (Few stocks which come to mind are PEL, Can Fin, PnBHF, Ujjivan, CAPF, Manappuram, Bajaj Finance etc.. etc..)
Let the dust settle than re-enter in banking space, even major private banks are having 4-8% NPAs, imagine whats in store for PSU banks.

GENIETRADE

RBI and Government are hiding the crucial information about Banks health under the pretext of confidentiality. When the picture looks rosy, RBI and government take a race to declare it in public. But this time, there is something seriously wrong with banks. This can be attributed to big wig scams, loan waivers, NPAs due to poor credit worthiness.

imfine

Hi,

I have seen the chart of Dena bank, there was clear indication of the starting of downtrend in the stock from starting of February and got stronger by mid of February.

I cant say when the reversal will come. But one has to see the ground for making entry in the stock.

See the chart attached as in beginning of Feb month on the stock has given engulfing that also at the support level & broken it. It got reconfirmed strongly with higher volume engulfing on 14th of Feb. So breaking of resistance at 23 is important.

long term standing should be planned and not an expectation.

dena bank.png

Hi,

I have seen the chart of Dena bank, there was clear indication of the starting of downtrend in the stock from starting of February and got stronger by mid of February.

I cant say when the reversal will come. But one has to see the ground for making entry in the stock.

See the chart attached as in beginning of Feb month on the stock has given engulfing that also at the support level & broken it. It got reconfirmed strongly with higher volume engulfing on 14th of Feb. So breaking of resistance at 23 is important.

long term standing should be planned and not an expectation.

View attachment 24686
Quite halpful.
Thanks a bunch!

Do you see the stock bottoming out at 18-20?
It has closed over 20 this week.