pokrate

Hi,

Today I was giving a thought on

1. when to SHORT FUTURE,

2. when to buy PUT option, and

3. when to do both ?

And vice versa for Longs.

DanPickUp

I am asking, it might look obvious, but I cant understand why FII shorted nifty fut in may and puts zoomed too ?
Dear Pokrate

Which puts zoomed? There are many different puts.

Could you please be a bit more precisely about that as we have otm, atm and itm puts at any time.

Do you have any figures or numbers to compare or to show.

If you are more precisely you will get a more detailed answer to your query.

DanPickUp

pokrate

Dear Pokrate

Which puts zoomed? There are many different puts.

Could you please be a bit more precisely about that as we have otm, atm and itm puts at any time.

Do you have any figures or numbers to compare or to show.

If you are more precisely you will get a more detailed answer to your query.

DanPickUp
I will come to it.

Before that please explain what is the difference between
Traded Volume (contracts), and change in OI ?

If trade volume tells you that it is the number of contracts traded, then how come change in OI can be more than the volume ? Because change in OI also reflects contracts traded. Volume must be more than Change in OI.

See this link http://www.nseindia.com/live_market...UTIDX&expiry=28JUN2012&type=XX&strike=0.00.00

How come change in OI is more than Volume ? Sometimes its even more, for example on 15th June it was almost 3 times of volume.

Please explain, then I will come to the original question.

DanPickUp

Budy

I think you should read some threads or posts about your query (What is OI and what is Volume). It was explained many, many times in the past in different threads and I am tired to explain it again.

Use the search tap from the forum and type in your query. You can choose between posts and threads. Posts will bring you quicker to the answer you want.

Until later if you still want to move on with your other query.

DanPickUp

pokrate

Budy

I think you should read some threads or posts about your query (What is OI and what is Volume). It was explained many, many times in the past in different threads and I am tired to explain it again.

Use the search tap from the forum and type in your query. You can choose between posts and threads. Posts will bring you quicker to the answer you want.

Until later if you still want to move on with your other query.

DanPickUp
I have already read it many times on web, but still Change in OI must be <= Volume.

How come it is more than volume in NSE data is something I cant understand.

I will search on my own. Thanks !