Sharekhan's Trade Tiger has an Unknown Publisher

I have decided to make sure all the software in my system is licensed (I have seen hackers making changes to my online spreadsheets) so I re-installed Windows.

I downloaded the latest Trade Tiger Advance and during installation, I saw that Trade Tiger Advance has an unknown publisher. When I tried installing Trade Tiger Basic, I saw the same Unknown Publisher statement.

How safe is it to install Trade Tiger?

It would cost me 445 INR a month to use an alternative which has BSE stocks but less advanced technical analysis tools.

mastermind007

I have decided to make sure all the software in my system is licensed (I have seen hackers making changes to my online spreadsheets) so I re-installed Windows.

I downloaded the latest Trade Tiger Advance and during installation, I saw that Trade Tiger Advance has an unknown publisher. When I tried installing Trade Tiger Basic, I saw the same Unknown Publisher statement.

How safe is it to install Trade Tiger?

It would cost me 445 INR a month to use an alternative which has BSE stocks but less advanced technical analysis tools.
Continue to use Trade Tiger and get on the back of Sharekhan tech support. You will need to speak to someone senior who understand what certification is lacking. If any software in India is worth certifying, it is Tradetiger.

What other software can be used as alternative?

Continue to use Trade Tiger and get on the back of Sharekhan tech support. You will need to speak to someone senior who understand what certification is lacking. If any software in India is worth certifying, it is Tradetiger.

What other software can be used as alternative?
I sent a tweet to Sharekhan's Twitter account concerning the lack of Microsoft Windows licensing.

I may call Sharekhan's technical support at the start of next week.

InvestarIndia has some technical tools that I can use but I have yet to learn how to add a stock to a list.

Last edited:
I've updated my username from Steve_1982 to my latest linkedin and twitter username SteveBayerIN.

I called Sharekhan's technical support and had the issue escalated twice. The last person I spoke to convinced me that Sharekhan's RM's cannot see the charts and that Trade Tiger is produced by a Microsoft licensed partner.

I should have insisted that they update the software to reflect the Microsoft licensed publisher but I was convinced enough not to take the issue any further.

For safety reasons, I'll only install Trade Tiger from a fresh download from Sharekhan's website and not from a back up file.