Sharekhan's Trade Tiger 2 Feedback Thread

Hello all!
The Starving Trader has been using Sharekhan's Trade Tiger 1.0.4.9 and then TT 2.0.1 for a few months now. This is the only trading software that he has used so far to trade the Indian markets but has been told that TT is pretty much the most advanced broker-provided trading platform there is in India. Keep in mind that this is not factoring in proprietary softwares such as Metastock that cost extra. However, The Starving Trader has experienced issues with the software and would like to make this an active thread for people with similar experiences, who can suggest improvements, other softwares (broker provided), or recap their experiences with other softwares that may be better than with TT.

Here are The Starving Trader's summary points for TT 2.0.1.

Pros:
- Historic Data (upto 1 month) on intra-day charts
- Good order management: The Starving Trader has not yet had a problem with order flow/routing
- Decent connectivity
- Good "Marketwatch" features (ability to create stock/comm lists)

Cons:
- Not enough historic data: At least 1 year of historic data is absolutely critical for traders, especially for non-intra day traders.
- Software still randomly crashes. Some glaring bugs still need to be fixed, especially with chart loading, and chart management (saving/editing), etc.
- BIG PROBLEM with 64-bit Windows: TT2.0.1 overloads and massively heats up the processor (within about 20 minutes of being active) temperatures on 64-bit machine causing the processor to shut down abruptly! This makes it impossible to use on an extended run.
- No streaming news feature
- Historic data, historic data, historic data!

Issue with 64-bit processor:
The Starving Trader is running a powerful laptop with Windows 7 for 64-bit architectures, intel i7 processor, and 8GB of RAM. He has run numerous applications in the past including Tradestation software in the US on thsi laptop without issues. The TT2 processor overheat occurs within 20 minutes of running it an a live market environment. Any one else with a 64-bit machine experiencing similar issues?

Any other experiences with TT, or other softwares that you would like to highlight? Know of any broker-provided platforms that are better than TT2 in your opinion? Remember, we are not talking about paid trading proprietary platforms... not yet, at least.

Please share! Hopefully Sharekhan can take note of this thread too.

columbus

No one has any feedback on Trade Tiger? Or any other trading platform, for that matter?
Hi TST,

As far as Heating problem is concered and if you are using a Laptop,then
use a COOLING PAD.It costs around Rs.500/-.

columbus

Cons:
- Not enough historic data: At least 1 year of historic data is absolutely critical for traders, especially for non-intra day traders.
HI TST,

I am using TT(1.0.4.9.) not sure about TT-2.0.1, it has historic data of not
last year but last decade.Since I do not need historic data much and also
easy for me to rely on other sources(NSEGUIDE),I have not checked recently.

YOU CAN GET IT IN THIS WAY
Plot yearly graph.Move the content of the graph from LEFT to RIGHT,with
keeping mouse button pressed ON.

The cooling pad suggestion is a good one. However, that still doesn't excuse an app that causes the processor to heat up in such a manner.

Meanwhile, the historic data that's needed is the ability to go back more than a month on intra-day time frames, for e.g. the 60 minute. As it stands, TT 2.0.1 will only get you a prices from up to a month ago on an intra-day chart.

Another desirable attribute that's missing in TT2.0.1:
- The ability to manipulate time-frames, plot 4 hour charts, for example.
Also, bugs with loading Layouts (and crashing randomly) need to be resolved!

The Starving Trader

columbus

The cooling pad suggestion is a good one. However, that still doesn't excuse an app that causes the processor to heat up in such a manner.

Meanwhile, the historic data that's needed is the ability to go back more than a month on intra-day time frames, for e.g. the 60 minute. As it stands, TT 2.0.1 will only get you a prices from up to a month ago on an intra-day chart.

The Starving Trader
Hi TST,

TT takes 100MB Physical Memory and 300 MB Virtual Memory in contrast
to a broswer like IE.8 10MB Phy.Mem and 40MB vir.Mem which by any
standards is HIGH.

columbus

The Starving Trader
You have historic data upto 2000 in TT2.
Press D on intrabar.Press left mouse button clicked ON, Drag graph.
You can see RELIANCE trading at SUB-100.(Sorry AMBANI).

columbus

The Starving Trader
You can plot multi-frames of same scrip in TT.2 also.
All my Scriplists and Layouts of 1.9.0.4 are not useble in TT.2 and washed
away.

columbus

Upgradation should have backwards COMPATABILITY,otherwise it is no
longer called UPGRADATION.
I will reconstruct other LAYOUTS ,when I feel free,till then please bear
with me !!!!

You have historic data upto 2000 in TT2.
Press D on intrabar.Press left mouse button clicked ON, Drag graph.
You can see RELIANCE trading at SUB-100.(Sorry AMBANI).
Now try going back to 2000 on an hourly chart.
Today, for example, it would be very useful to see the 60 minute levels that correspond to the NIFTY 5700-5760 areas, but this is not possible on TT 60 minute, 30 minute, or below charts.

Btw, not bring backwards compatible is a pain and Sharekhan should know better - but they dont!

The Starving Trader