Share transfer from physical format to my demat

dv29

Hi

My grandfather passed away this year.
He has shares of 4-5 companies some in demat i think and registrar is karvy

should i goto karvy with the certificates and ask?

Now whats the procedure to transfer to my name?

Like my broker is not karvy is zerodha.

Also one more query,
My grandfather's father had huge amt of Walchand nagar shares.
But problem is we have no proof of how many is present or any paper to show that . How do i go about that>?
We had got some dividends but even those info is lost.

I was looking for same info regarding transfering of relatives physical format shares but have no idea...

Have shares of ICICI which was purchased around 15 years back but no idea what can be done with it..

MRPL,TATA Steel physical shares but small amounts in different names..

Any idea any particular person or company who can do the transfer or if an invidiual can do it himself without any hassle?????

PUCHU_2500

I was looking for same info regarding transfering of relatives physical format shares but have no idea...

Have shares of ICICI which was purchased around 15 years back but no idea what can be done with it..

MRPL,TATA Steel physical shares but small amounts in different names..

Any idea any particular person or company who can do the transfer or if an invidiual can do it himself without any hassle?????
contact registrar of each company, they will advice you......

deba72

Where to look for registrars?? on company website and call them or should I talk to a local broker who can do this??
You need to submit the physical shares along with demat request form to your broker and then they will do the needful. You need not contact the registrars...

You need to submit the physical shares along with demat request form to your broker and then they will do the needful. You need not contact the registrars...
I contacted few local brokers and they were not interested quoting that the number of shares are small compared to the time and investment as they are registered in different names..

deba72

I contacted few local brokers and they were not interested quoting that the number of shares are small compared to the time and investment as they are registered in different names..
If it involves lot of legwork and paperwork , it would be advisable to either employ a trusted agent against a fee or do it yourself...

Seems that is the only option left..

one more thing.. I have 25 shares of ICICI which was purchased like 10-15 years back..so will i get the current price or the split price as I assume the prices have been split a lot many times..anyone who knows the calculation???

Same goes for tata steel as well...

deba72

Seems that is the only option left..

one more thing.. I have 25 shares of ICICI which was purchased like 10-15 years back..so will i get the current price or the split price as I assume the prices have been split a lot many times..anyone who knows the calculation???

Same goes for tata steel as well...
When you submit those shares for Demat, you will receive credit for all corporate actions like bonus,splits etc...