Self Help & Misc. Instresting Stuff.

DSM

10 Truths about life

1. Life isn’t fair: Life will hand you lemons, sometimes when you least expect it. The sooner you embrace this harsh truth, the better prepared you’ll be to handle tough situations that are sure to arise.

2. The first step is always the hardest: If you want to do something big, start with baby steps, but start.

3. Good things usually don’t come quickly: Great accomplishments in our lives normally don’t come easy. You need to have patience and trust that the journey you’re on is the right one.

4. Not everyone will support you along the way: In life, there’s no shortage of doubters, haters, and pessimists. Overcoming this harsh truth is simple: Listen. But choose to stick to your guns and trust your instincts.

5. You can’t always be in control of everything: At times when you need to relinquish your control on everything and let things unfold how they’re meant to be, but still put the work in and then let go with complete faith that the universe will make things right for you.

6. You can’t accomplish great things without taking some risks: If you don’t take acceptable risks you will have a lot harder time accomplishing what you want in life. People who achieve anything worthy are risk takers. They’re the ones who are willing to put something on the line and fail for something they believe in. And if they fail, they treat each failure as an opportunity to grow and get better.

7. You may be better off without some of the people you are around you: At times, there comes a moment when you need to make the tough decision to say no or cut off people who hold you back.

8. Death is a part of life: Nothing can prepare us for the earth-shattering pain of losing a loved one. That's the harsh truth of life. But that should remind you to make them a part of your life right now. Don’t put off making that phone call or paying a visit or spending time with those you care for or are an important part of your life.

9. You may be the only thing holding yourself back: If you find yourself stuck, don’t hold yourself back with negative thoughts or pessimistic outlook. Instead, focus on the positive things you have going in your life to motivate you and help you move forward.

10. Sometimes bad things happen to good people: Suffering is part of life. If you look back at difficult moments in your life, you will realize that it makes you stronger. There’s a randomness to how the world works that’s really hard to understand. No matter what the situation, you always have choices and the power to choose thoughts that are empowering.

Quotes

In a world of change, the learners shall inherit the earth, while the learned shall find themselves perfectly suited for a world that no longer exists. - Eric Hoffer

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind a faithful servant; but we honor the servant and have forgotten the gift – Albert Einstein

The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned. I’m a pessimist because of intelligence, but an optimist because of will. - Antonio Gramsci

On a lighter note.....

Attitude and arrogance always finds someone who is better than you...

Supposedly, Cristiano Ronaldo in an interview said he was sent to this world by the God of Football to teach the world how to play Football.

A few days later, Lionel Messi was asked how he felt about Ronaldo's statement.
Messi replied, "I don't remember sending him!"

One day at school....

Teacher : Rahul, tell me what do you want to be when you grow up.?

Rahul : Teacher, I wish to become a very rich man. My business should be all over the world. I should have a big bungalow by the sea and my own private jet. Wherever I go, I should stay in 5 star hotels. There should be personal attendants to take care of all my needs. I should also own the costliest car in the world and have the most expensive diamond....

Teacher: Rahul stop.Students, from now on you should not give such lengthy answer. Please reply in one sentence only. Ok.? Now you tell me Pooja. What do you want to be when you grow up?

Pooja (shyly) : I want to be Rahul's wife ....

Bitcoin is recently in the news due to it's dramatic fall.... But still, there is divergent and contrary opinion on the future of Bitcoin and crypto currency. Who's right and who's wrong? It's hard to predict the future. Some people look back at the past to draw inferences. Here are two interesting charts. But only thing obvious is that people have opinions and take facts selectively to fit their own bias.

Here's one interpretation for the bears/pessimist :

Here's one interpretation for the bulls/optimist :

Sidenote (Opinion only)

Following cryptocurrency as an bystander, it is clear that Bitconnect is a scam as it is not a crypto currency. It is nothing but a Ponzi scheme. Gullible people who invested on the hope (or greed) of riding the crypto wave have lost their money/savings. A businessman was seen on the forums asking for advise as he had borrowed half a million dollars and his 'investment' turned to zero as the Bitconnect server closed down, leaving people holding useless tokens having no value.

However, it is clear that the crypto boom is similar to the internet boom of the 1990's. Companies and investors lost billions/millions of dollars. However, out of the rubble, there emerged the giants such as Amazon, eBay, Oracle, Priceline etc. So too from the current crypto boom, 90% of the currencies will go down to zero. Which Crypto currencies are the ones to watch out for? Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin for sure. Ledger, IOTA, maybe. Google backed dark horse Ripple will be Zero or Hero. Time will tell.

DSM

Why people have everything in life, but still are dissatisfied?

Modern life is comfortable in all ways possible. We have more material things and gadgets than ever before, but still feel empty. Our life is a rush to do things which are unending. The days, weeks and years pass by, and we wonder how time flies by so fast. We live an unexamined life. In midst of the fast pace of activities and a list of things to do, we rarely make or schedule time for ourselves or with people we love or with our families.

How different would life be if we switched off our mobiles and gadgets and spent time talking with each other rather than talking to each other? Even with yourself, instead of being engrossed with the phone, internet or wasting time with the TV, what if you sat down watching the sunset, or having coffee with a loved one? What if we held someone we care for and told that we love them? When was the time we did the thing that we loved to do? Or scheduled time to learn something that we want to?

Todays material world conveys a message iphone X, 4 wheeled SUV, expensively priced brand of handbag, sunglasses, diamond earrings, perfume or a tattoo is necessary or the norm. It is not. The iphone as we now know (as acknowledged by Apple) is purposely slowed down after 3 years. So that customers will buy a newer model. How many days or weeks or months of savings (not income) is required for you to keep buying the latest phone model? If you are a fan of iphone, you are only making Apple or Steve Jobs' widow rich, while you toil your life away at work year after year buying the latest phone or 'in thing'.

Life does not have to be this way. Working as a slave to corporate interest, taking stress and sacrificing health, relationship, time with family and life itself. Instead, plan things to do with family and people you care for. Travel. Go camping, walk on the beach, spend time with your kids, at the zoo, flying a kite or playing with their toys. All these things do not cost much money but will bring you joy and bonding with the family.

So discard ‘things’ and do more of the things that make you happy, make you grow or makes life more meaningful.

Here are five ways to add more to life:

1. Say “yes” — If you don’t try new things, or you don’t say “yes” to new opportunities, you won’t allow serendipity to create opportunities that you never expected. You need to be open to doing something you wouldn’t normally do and do it without judgment.

2. Get comfortable with the unknown — It’s not easy at first, yet getting comfortable with the unknown is like jumping out into the unknown. You’re terrified when you get to the door, but after you jump, it’s pure bliss. Start small and build up to the leap of faith that might be in your future.

3. Learn to let go. Something in life, you can’t plan that. Let go, follow your passions and allow things to unfold.

4. Don’t over schedule your life. Consider leaving some room for unexpected or creative pursuits.

5. Let go of what isn’t working.  If you tune into the things that aren’t serving you, examine your attachments to the meanings behind those things, and let them go.

Something to think.....

Worry is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do, but it won't get you anywhere.

Write your plans in pencil but give God the eraser.

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible. – St. Thomas Aquinas

To be happy, three things are necessary : To have someone to love, To have something to do and something to hope for - Allan Chalmers

A student asked his master: "You teach me fighting, but talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two.?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war"

Something to smile.....

A thief entered the house at midafternoon. He tied up the woman and removed a pointed knife, asking the man to hand over all the money and jewellery.

The man started sobbing and said.... "Bhai take anything you want but please untie the rope as she is my neighbours wife. Mine will arrive shortly..." :):):)

Son: Dad there's a small get together at school tomorrow!!!

Father: Small get together? How small?

Son: Only me...you...and principal. :):):)

MSN1979

Why people have everything in life, but still are dissatisfied?

Modern life is comfortable in all ways possible. We have more material things and gadgets than ever before, but still feel empty. Our life is a rush to do things which are unending. The days, weeks and years pass by, and we wonder how time flies by so fast. We live an unexamined life. In midst of the fast pace of activities and a list of things to do, we rarely make or schedule time for ourselves or with people we love or with our families.

How different would life be if we switched off our mobiles and gadgets and spent time talking with each other rather than talking to each other? Even with yourself, instead of being engrossed with the phone, internet or wasting time with the TV, what if you sat down watching the sunset, or having coffee with a loved one? What if we held someone we care for and told that we love them? When was the time we did the thing that we loved to do? Or scheduled time to learn something that we want to?

Todays material world conveys a message iphone X, 4 wheeled SUV, expensively priced brand of handbag, sunglasses, diamond earrings, perfume or a tattoo is necessary or the norm. It is not. The iphone as we now know (as acknowledged by Apple) is purposely slowed down after 3 years. So that customers will buy a newer model. How many days or weeks or months of savings (not income) is required for you to keep buying the latest phone model? If you are a fan of iphone, you are only making Apple or Steve Jobs' widow rich, while you toil your life away at work year after year buying the latest phone or 'in thing'.

Life does not have to be this way. Working as a slave to corporate interest, taking stress and sacrificing health, relationship, time with family and life itself. Instead, plan things to do with family and people you care for. Travel. Go camping, walk on the beach, spend time with your kids, at the zoo, flying a kite or playing with their toys. All these things do not cost much money but will bring you joy and bonding with the family.

So discard ‘things’ and do more of the things that make you happy, make you grow or makes life more meaningful.

Here are five ways to add more to life:

1. Say “yes” — If you don’t try new things, or you don’t say “yes” to new opportunities, you won’t allow serendipity to create opportunities that you never expected. You need to be open to doing something you wouldn’t normally do and do it without judgment.

2. Get comfortable with the unknown — It’s not easy at first, yet getting comfortable with the unknown is like jumping out into the unknown. You’re terrified when you get to the door, but after you jump, it’s pure bliss. Start small and build up to the leap of faith that might be in your future.

3. Learn to let go. Something in life, you can’t plan that. Let go, follow your passions and allow things to unfold.

4. Don’t over schedule your life. Consider leaving some room for unexpected or creative pursuits.

5. Let go of what isn’t working.  If you tune into the things that aren’t serving you, examine your attachments to the meanings behind those things, and let them go.

Something to think.....

Worry is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do, but it won't get you anywhere.

Write your plans in pencil but give God the eraser.

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible. – St. Thomas Aquinas

To be happy, three things are necessary : To have someone to love, To have something to do and something to hope for - Allan Chalmers

A student asked his master: "You teach me fighting, but talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two.?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war"

Something to smile.....

A thief entered the house at midafternoon. He tied up the woman and removed a pointed knife, asking the man to hand over all the money and jewellery.

The man started sobbing and said.... "Bhai take anything you want but please untie the rope as she is my neighbours wife. Mine will arrive shortly..." :):):)

Son: Dad there's a small get together at school tomorrow!!!

Father: Small get together? How small?

Son: Only me...you...and principal. :):):)
DSM Jokes were awsome :D

DSM

Sridevi - Ram Gopal Verma

YES she was the most desirable woman and the biggest super star of the country and ruled as a main heroine in the entire country for more than 20 years..But that’s just a part of the story However shocked and sad I feel about Sridevi's death, it’s finally once again a rude reminder for all of us about how unpredictable, cruel,fragile and mysterious both life and death are

After her death ,there is definitely much more for me to say than what most people are saying now about how beautiful she was, what a great actress she was, how her death affected them, " RIP"s "Om shanthi" s. etc etc etc

Sridevi's life is a classic case of how each persons actual life is completely different from how the rest of the outside world perceives it. For many, Sridevi's life was perfect . Beautiful face, great talent, seemingly stable family with two beautiful daughters - From outside everything looked so enviable and desirable... But was Sridevi a very happy person and did she lead a very happy life? I know her life from the time I met her first for my film kshanakshanam . I saw with my own eyes how her life was like a bird in the sky till her father’s death and then became like a bird in a cage due to her overprotective mother

In those days actors used to be only paid in mostly black money and due to fear of tax raids her father used to trust friends and relatives who all betrayed her the moment the father died. Coupled with this the ignorant mother made many wrong investments in litigated properties and all those mistakes combined made her penny less by the time Boney came into her life

Boney himself was in huge debts and all he could afford to give her was a fat shoulder to cry on. After her mother became a psychotic patient because of a wrong surgery on her brain in USA,though Boney sued the hospital they dint get any huge amounts of money in settlement because of some agreement mistakes he did with the lawyers there

Once the mother died her younger sister Shri Latha eloped and got married to their neighbours son. The mother before dying put all properties in sridevis name but her sister put a case on her demanding half the property claiming that her mother was insane and not in her senses when she signed the will due to the brain surgery

So in effect the woman desired by millions in the world was all alone in the world except for one Boney. Boney ‘s mother portrayed her as a home breaker and publically punched her in the stomach in a five star hotel lobby in revenge for what she presumed about what she did to Boney’s first wife Mona.

Except for the short glimmer of English vinglish Sridevi has been pretty much a very unhappy woman. Boney’s debts ,the uncertainty of the future,the ugly turns and twists in her private life left deep scars in the super stars sensitive mind and there after she was never at peace. She went through so much in her life and due to her early career entry, life never gave her time to grow up at a normal pace.

More than the external peace, her internal mental state was of a high degree of concern and this caused her to look at her own self . She was the most beautiful woman for so many people. But did she think she was beautiful ? Yes but every actresses nightmare is age and she was no exception. For years she was doing cosmetic surgeries the effects of which can be clearly seen In her interviews and public appearances,

She always came across as very shy,insecure and low on confidence. Some one who is very uptight, who built a psychological wall around her as she was scared of anybody to really see what's going on within her. She was panicky about anybody knowing what her psychological insecurities were.

Not because of her fault, but because she was thrust with fame from a very young age that never gave her a chance to be independant and be what she could really be and really wanted to be. She had to put on the make up and be somebody else not just infront of the camera,but also behind the camera.

Though I as an audience thoroughly enjoyed her on the screen , I now after knowing her as a person wish that she was allowed to be a star even in her normal life instead of being constantly directed by her parents, her relatives, her husband and to an extent even her own daughters. She was scared whether her daughters would be accepted or whether they will go the Hema Malini’s daughter Esha Deol way

I could see in her eyes the pain she was going through deep inside her and that’s because she is actually a child trapped in a woman’s body ..she is naive as a person, but suspicious because of her bitter experiences which is not a very good combination . She used to convey to me so much through her silence than most would in their best conversations

Coming to her death it is most likely a combination of heart stroke induced accidental drowning death in the tub. But medications might have played a huge role.

Many suicides and accidental deaths happen after big parties or weddings. That's because people with depression and insecurities can't understand why the whole world is so happy and enjoying, but they are not able to feel the happiness inspite of all the glitter and spotlight. That reminds them that they are deeply sad and that there is nothing wrong with the world and the fault is with just them that they are not able to feel anything.

Some people who are very deeply depressed commit suicide. Others, just to control their depression and anxiety, take extra pills not knowing that it can be dangerous in certain doses and conditions

Keeping the speculations on her death aside and coming back to the point of her life,I generally don't say " Rest In Peace" after people die, but in her case I want to really say it because I very strongly believe that she would finally and really rest in peace now for the first time in her life. Or shall I say death?

Things I learnt in life…..

* If you do not sacrifice for what you want, what you want becomes a sacrifice.
* You simply cannot be excellent at everything.
* The only way to feel more alive is to try be something bigger than yourself, and out of your comfort zone.
* Life is uncertain. No one knows what’s going to happen next.
* Another way to look at life : We're all background characters in someone else's story.
* One of the biggest factor in growing up is learning to be comfortable doing what is uncomfortable.
* Happiness, success, health, relationships isn't owned. You have to work on it. And rent is due every day.
* The truth is, the only person who you're definitely spending the rest of your life with is you. Everything else is not guaranteed. No matter what you believe in. People change. People leave. People die. When all is said and done, you end up with yourself. So you better live like the person who that is. Work everyday to be that person.
* It's a common sentiment among many successful people that they actively seek new things to try and fail at. In that failure you may find yourself somewhere new that you never could have imagined before.

A bank is a broker between the poor and the rich. The only place where the two meet is in a bank. The poor brings the money, through saving, and the rich takes it, through borrowing. A poor person saves the money because they have more money than their thinking capacity. So they keep the money in the bank so they can go and think what to do with the money they saved.

On the other side, the rich people come to pick that money, through borrowing, because they have more ideas than the money they have. On a practical side, please show me one billionaire who got rich through saving and I will show you a million people who have money saved in the banks and are still renting the houses that the Millionaires and billionaires build through the poor people savings which the rich borrowed from a bank.

Something to think about....

* Public memory is short. While Nirav Modi scam, the tragic death of Sridevi hogged the headlines, anybody remember even who Mahesh Shah is or what happened? BTW he is the guy with the Rs 13,860 crore income disclosure.... :):):)

Final exam paper for Law Students

A Woman was driving a Maruti car. She mistakenly hit a brand new BMW. The BMW driver, a young, stylish lady started shouting and abusing the other lady for not being careful, asking for damages to repair her BMW.

The Maruti car woman called her husband, and he replied : "I am very busy, please try to resolve the matter by yourself.

The BMW lady driver called her boyfriend and said : Sweetheart someone just hit the birthday gift you gave me, I am so angry, please come over.."

Few minutes later her boyfriend arrived. He is the Husband to the lady with the Maruti car!!!!

Discuss the possible legal consequences for all 3 parties.. (20 Marks) :):):)

DSM

Some truths about life :

• You must learn to trust that there is a future waiting for you that is beyond what you might be able to grasp at this present moment.

• Every person you meet is either a blessing or a lesson.

• Trust. God has a bigger plan for you than you have for yourself.

• Your mistakes should be your motivation, not your excuses.

• Happiness is a choice. There's going to be stress in life, but it's your choice whether you let it affect you or not.

• The most precious gift you can give someone is the gift of your time and attention.

• Sometimes, a break from your routine is the very thing you need.

• Learn to say no without explaining yourself.

• Know your worth. If the plan doesn't work, change the plan, NEVER the goal.

• If you wait until you're ready, you'll be waiting the rest of your life.

• Surround yourself with positive energy and you will absorb it.

• When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you.

• One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.

• If looking for motivation, remember your past can only hold you back, where as your future can pull you forward.

• Make yourself a priority.

• God is the best listener.

• Spend your time wisely, small moments add up to life.

• Fear can make you give up on things that were meant to bless you. The quickest path to a mediocre life is to give in to your fear of failure.

• Distance yourself from people who: 1. Lie to you 2. Disrespect you 3. Use you 4. Put you down. Appreciate people who can tell you the uncomfortable truth.

• Don't miss out on something that has the potential to be great just because it is difficult. GREAT things require effort, dedication and persistence and it will be rewarding at the end.

• Love is a verb: it’s what you do for each other, not butterflies and rosy feelings. The important thing is that you keep loving your partner even when the butterflies fade for a bit. A good relationship is not where partner gives 50/50, but 60/40, with both partners trying to be the one to give 60%.

Why did the Dad cry?

A daughter asked her dad if he ever cried, because he seemed to be a disciplined and a self assured man.

He replied, “Once.” And then he told her that when she was 3 years old, he laid out a pen, some coins, and a toy in front of her. He wanted to see which one she would pick… in his mind, it represented what she would value the most when she grew up. The pen was for intelligence, money for wealth and the toy for fun. He said he was just doing it out of curiosity. And it was interesting for him to see which one she would pick anyway.

He said that she just sat there and stared at the things in front of her while he sat across from her and waited patiently.

After some time, she crawled forward while he held his breath, she pushed everything aside and went straight into his arms.

He didn’t realise that he was one of the choices. And that was the first, and the only time he had cried.

Something to think about :

SBI collected a windfall of Rs 1,771.67 crore, more than its second quarter profit, from customers for non-maintenance of monthly average balance in savings accounts in eight months of 2017-18.... In essence, the rich loot the banks, and the banks in turn loot the poor and the pensioners who cannot even manage to keep minimum balance.

Trading insights from experienced traders :

* Managing risk, emotions and an ongoing trade with discipline and patience are 10 times more important than some "magic" way to select a trade.

* I view price projections from charts and TA as possibilities, not probabilities and definitely not forecasts. Traders deal in possibilities.

* There is a danger for traders to become "locked" into a bias on a given market -- to ignore obvious signs that the chart might be incorrect.

* I do NOT believe that charts accurately predict the future. Charts are useful for: 1. Showing where prices have been 2. Indicating the path of least resistance. 3. Alerting traders to asymmetrical reward-to-risk set ups

* The most important aspect of trading is risk control, not picking tops and bottoms.

* Successful traders look for reasons not to trade. This is the world in which I want to live.

On a lighter note :

* If women ruled the world, there would be no wars. Only a bunch of jealous countries, not talking to each other.

* Wife: Where are you?
Husband : At home love.
Wife: Are you sure?
Husband: Yes.
Wife : Turn on the mixer.
Husband : (turns mixer on) Garrrreeereeeereeee...
Wife: Ok my love goodbye.

Another day......
Suspicious Wife: Where are you?
Husband : At home love.
Wife: Are you sure?
Husband : Yes.
Wife: Turn on the mixer.
Husband: (turns mixer on) Garrreeereeeereeee...
Wife: Ok my love goodbye.

The next day, the wife decides to go home without notice, and finds her son alone and she asks him, "Son, where is your father?" :( :( :(

Son: "I don't know, he went out with the mixer... :) :) :)

DSM

Something to think about.....

USA produces around 1 lakh Engineers per year for a $ 16 Trillion Economy. India produces 15 lakhs Engineers for a $ 2 Trillion Economy.

If there are so many Engineers in India, there must be enough demand to pull them in. But it is not there. The earlier mass recruiting sector was Manufacturing. It used to recruit from the core branches like Civil, Electrical and Mechanical. But, Manufacturing is stagnant at just 17% of the GDP. So the core branch placements have become very difficult.

The new mass recruiter is the IT sector. It grew from scratch to almost 5% of the GDP in 25 yrs. IT Employed millions of engineers. Now, IT is also coming to saturation. Only good Skilled IT Engineers are in demand.

If you look at the sectorial composition of Indian economy, most of the sector do not need engineers. Tourism is 9% of the GDP, it does not require engineers. Financial sector, Trade, Hotels and Restaurants do not require engineers. Requirement in Health, education, Agriculture is almost negligible.

More than 50% of the GDP has no role for Engineers. Still most of the students are aspiring to become Engineers. The current situation is not sustainable. So the demand is less while the supply is high. Over and above this, skill level of an average engineer is poor. I say its non-existent. Leave the top 100–200 colleges. And you will find that a fresh engineer has no idea of what s/he has studied. Ask a fresh mechanical engineer, can s/he design a simple frame?

Today the situation is that most engineers are working in a field that has no connection to what they have studied in the college. This is a waste of resources.

Engineering degree does not come cheap. It costs about 10-15 lakhs. For poor parents, its a huge burden. When their son is not able to secure a job, they are devastated.

For the nation, you can calculate the loss. Leave around 1 lakh engineers that NASSCOM says are employable. The rest 14 lakhs have each wasted 10 lakhs of fees. That totals to around $ 20 Billion. This is loss of human capital.

We need to replan the whole engineering education system. Cut down on the number of colleges and improve the quality in the rest. Also students should explore other career options than just thinking of becoming Engineers.

So, share this to your relatives/parents/12th pass students and save their lakhs of rupees from being wasted.

About life.....

* Life is not about making others happy. If you realize this, you will free yourself of a huge burden.
* One of the biggest virtue is patience.... The ability to wait, watch the situation unfold and be prepared is rare, but extremely valuable.

* You are constantly expressing your character with the choices of your actions.
* When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch up to you.
* You don't have to have it all figured out to move forward.

Trading quotes :

* 4 major mistakes of amateur traders : 1. A compulsion to be right. 2. Not being able to take a loss. 3. Being afraid to make a mistake. 4. Taking losses personally.

* Markets will always attempt to remove a trader out of position in direction of a strong trend. Seldom will markets make it easy to hold winning trades.

* If your investing time horizon is: 1. Less than one year, you are in the wrong place to start with. 2. Less than three years, then valuations are important, damn important. 3. More than five to ten years, then the quality of business is more important than valuations.

* Gamblers obsess with big potential upside windfall profits. Intelligent speculators obsess with managing downside risk.

* There are 2 types of traders :
- The ones who are humble
- The ones who will become humble

Stuck? The top 9 things that prevents you from success.

* Waiting for the perfect moment or situation. Inaction leads to complacency and fear. Step out, go out. Be there, where It matters and action is.
* Fear of failure. There is a downside to everything. Think what is the worst that can happen. Prepare for it. And then do it.
* Social Image perception. Connect to self and your vision. What others think of you is not your business.
* No clear written and detailed plan. Action without planning is foolish. Have important timeline and goal post. Keep a dairy/to do list.
* Hasty and impulsive actions. Have a big picture in mind. Whatever you do, do it well. Don't do things just for the sake of doing.
* Lack of commitment/will. Keep focus. Discipline is key if you want to achieve anything worthwhile.
* Comfort zone. Avoid being comfortable. Do what is necessary. And uncomfortable.
* Self sabotage. Self doubt/confidence. Motivate yourself. Read for inspiration. Have powerful mental shortcuts to refer to when feeling low.
* Not taking the first step. A journey of a 1000 miles begins with a first step. Just do what is necessary

Water : Interesting and thought provoking

Grand father saw it in River
Father saw it in Well
We saw in Tap
Our Children see it in Bottle
Where will our Grand Children see it? In capsule?

On a lighter note......

A bank employee was promoted and posted as a manager in a small tribal village.

One day a villager came to the branch and asked the Manager for a loan of Rs. 2 lacs. The Manager asked him why he wants the loan. The villager said he wants to buy few buffaloes and start milk business. Manager asked him whether he can give collateral security for the loan. The Villager asked what is collateral security.

Manager replied that for the loan bank needs equal amount of security in the form of any land or house. The Villager asked since the bank will be charging interest for the loan, why then collateral security?? Manager got annoyed and told him that without collateral security bank would not give the loan.

The Villager replied he has a small house and farm which will cost around Rs. 3 lacs and agreed to offer it as security.

The formalities were completed and loan of Rs. 2 lacs was sanctioned with 9% RoI repayable in 5 years.

After 8 months, the Villager returned to the branch and met Manager. He told him that he wanted to pay off the entire loan amount with up-to-date interest. Manager calculated the same and the villager paid the entire amount. Manager asked him how is his business. Villager replied it is going on very well and he could amass good amount in a short period.

Manager thought of his deposit target for the month and asked the Villager what is he doing with the money he earned. The villager replied that he has kept in his house in a locked box. The manager was very happy to hear that. He told the villager that he can keep the money in his bank and bank will pay him interest and take care of his wealth.

Now comes the most interesting part…...

The villager coolly asked "What Collateral Security your bank will give me??" :):):)

DSM

Effective goal setting

I challenge you to make this one change to the goals you set, and see what happens: I challenge you to only set goals you can accomplish within seven days.

Every time you set a goal, ask yourself if you can realistically accomplish it in seven days.

If you can, reverse-engineer what you need to do over the next week to accomplish it. How many hours do you need to devote to it each day? How will you know when you've crossed the finish line?

If you can't accomplish it in seven days, the goal is too big. It's all right to have a big goal on the horizon, but you'll never get there if you can't break it down into actionable steps. So ask yourself, "If my massive goal is all the way over there, what do I need to get done this week to move myself in that direction?"

Seven days.

I have always found the seven-day rule to be the most effective when it comes to goal setting, primarily because a week is always more than enough time to get something substantial done.

Quotes

When Ambitions Overtakes Performance , the gap is called frustrations. But if performance overtakes ambition, its called success.

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist - Oscar Wilde

Something was dead in each of us, And what was dead was hope - Oscar Wilde

Wealth unused might as well not exist - Aesop

To go fast, row slowly - Norman Vincent Peale

The cyclone derives its powers from a calm center. So does a person - Norman Vincent Peale

Divisions are imaginary lines drawn by small minds - Paramhansa Yogananda

On a lighter note....

Corporate life

Employee: Hello Boss from tomorrow I will go back home at 7 pm daily.

Boss: why, what happened?

Employee: Salary is not sufficient to run home expenses. I want to drive a rickshaw at night to support my family.

Boss: Oh thats great. But if you feel hungry in the night, come to old bridge. I sell bread omelette there.

DSM

A long long time ago, my husband, our two sons and I had gone out for an ice-cream treat. It was sometime when I was always thinking of curbing unnecessary expenditure. As a selfless person, who was too much in love with her family to deny them of any pleasure, I always chose to sacrifice my own excesses. And it didn’t even feel like a sacrifice ever, because I was a woman of very few needs / wants / desires...

So, when my husband asked each one of us to choose our favorite flavor of ice-cream, I responded as usual, “I won’t have any.”

The boys enjoyed one round and ordered another; my response remained the same, “I don’t want any.” I was happy in my family’s happiness. I was happy that my not indulging in pleasure was perhaps ensuring some more goodies in the future for my dear ones.....

But my husband looked at me and said, “Please don’t do this to yourself and to us. I want a happy wife; not a sacrificial lamb. I have seen that too much sacrifice eventually leads to bitterness and victim-mentality. And I sure as hell do not want you to develop that. You see, after a period of time, the boys and I will stop asking you for your choice, because we will assume that you don’t want it; we will take you for granted and subconsciously start treating you as a doormat... It will then hurt you.. and you will feel miserable and unimportant. You will think that we don’t care about you. While in truth we would be behaving naturally, knowing from experience that you don’t care for yourself.. That your wishes are not important... .

So, I suggest that in life, you always take your share and then if you really don’t like it, share it with someone who does. That will be good for all of us. You will learn how to claim your importance in your own and our eyes and we will always ask you. There will be happiness all around.”

His talk made sense to me and I couldn’t help but think about many men and women who in later stage of life always complained, “I did so much for my children or so and so but today they don’t even think / care for me....”

So while you take care of others, do also look after your self interest. Sacrifice beyond a limit will cause regret and bitterness.!!!

Life quotes :

View life as an adventure in which making mistakes and knowing how to learn from that is the best part.

If I have one lesson it's this: Seeing life as it actually is versus how you imagine it to be is the key to good decision making.

Focus on what you can control: the processes.

If you cannot explain something in simple terms, you don't understand it.

If what you believe is different from what you see, experience or live thru, one of them is wrong.

“Absence is to love as what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small, and kindles the great.”

Trading quotes :

When a trader starts to feel really smart he/she is headed for a huge drawdown.

Attention RSI/Stochastics/MACD fans: Sustained bull trends become and remain grossly overbought longer than your money will last to support your short positions. Grossly oversold conditions, however, are subject to mean reversion.

A MAJOR mistake of notice traders is a compulsion to be right -- being afraid to make a mistake -- taking losses personally

Never chase a signal. Never. There will always be another day, another market. If you miss a move, so what?

As a trader your goal should be to obsess over details: 1. Details on what constitutes a trading signal 2. Details of risk management 3. Details of managing trades 4. Details of managing your emotions 5. Details of your daily routine 6. Details of performance metrics

In trading, strategy doesn’t matter as much as you think and your risk management matters a hell of lot more than you think.

Something to smile......

If a girl says she will be ready in 5 minutes she will be......
No need to remind her about it every 15 minutes

Question: Who is Arnab Goswami?
Malayali: News Anger.

What is the next social trend after pre-wedding shoot?
Pre-funeral shoot. :)

DSM

Not sure if this is true, but must read for trader and investors.... (Considering that global interest rates can only firm up, Trump economic policies can harm global trade and the forthcomming election of 2019 is not been seen as too favourable for BJP, I think it may well be possible. Also note that this article is dated Feb. 4th, 2018)

Cabal plans October meltdown in share prices to rout BJP

A prominent politician, who was a minister during the Manmohan Singh government, is behind a move by as much as 31 brokerages and international and domestic financial agencies to secretly engineer a meltdown in stock market prices such that market indices lose around half their 2 February level by 1 October 2018. They are working in tandem with a few officials in key ministries, who have lately renewed or expanded their contact with the politician in question in the expectation that he will return to a top position in a future government, should the BJP go the A.B. Vajpayee way next year and fail to get re-elected. The politician’s business associates in India and abroad are hopeful that he may even get “the highest job”, according to a senior official tracking the activities of the former minister. A colleague estimated that “at least Rs 39,000 crore was made by the minister while in office just through stock market manipulations”. An officer dealing in the financial sector explained that the minister would use the information and clout of a particular ministry to move share markets in the direction most profitable to him and those friends and family who joined with him in such speculation. “If the Finance as well as the Commerce & Industry Ministries worked in tandem, and if they had a high-level confidential source in RBI as well, they could make policy announcements (or hints) that would immediately push up or down prices of certain stocks”, an official explained, adding that this was precisely what was done during the minister’s long tenure in office.

If coordinated moves were designed so as to drive prices artificially up by making retail investors flock to certain stocks, the minister would subsequently influence government agencies through trusted officials to purchase stock and “make huge buys at elevated levels”, a senior official explained. These would “mostly be the shares purchased earlier (at much lower prices) by the minister and his cabal (of friends and family), by using foreign institutional investors and devices such as Participatory Notes, so that they cannot be identified”. The officials said that it would be “child’s play” to check the share purchase docket of agencies such as LIC or other state-controlled financial giants to determine which shares were bought during 2004-2014 at prices that soon afterwards crashed. He went on to say that this was surprisingly not attempted by the present government. He added that “the (former) minister has seen to it that the officials who connived with him have almost all been given important responsibilities even to this day, hence their loyalty to the man”. In other instances, leaks made through business newspapers and television channels were carefully designed so as to depress prices of select shares, and once prices fell significantly, the minister and his cabal (including associates in trusted brokerage firms and stock exchanges) would buy such shares through the anonymous FII route. Once the shares were bought, “fresh announcements in the form of rollback of earlier statements, or positive hints about policy towards the sector in question would be given. This would send up prices of target companies, at which time the shares bought at low prices would be sold.” The sources said that “by this fail safe system, the minister and his cronies and kin made enormous sums of money working entirely through the banking system”, a part of which was later brought back into the country through FIIs, and some cash through hawala routes. “Certain brokers, many of whom operate from Rajasthan and Punjab, are close to the (former) minister. They are neck-deep in hawala transactions, and are the channels that are being used to bring cash back into the country”, a senior official claimed. “These brokers need to be investigated seriously for their hawala links, but so far even SEBI has done precious little against them”, an official said, adding that he was hopeful that this may change in view of the fact that “some outstanding police officials have recently been given responsibility for investigating hawala channels”.

Amazingly, the former minister is claiming credit for both the negative opening of the Singapore stock exchange on 2 February, as well as the unusual warning by Fitch rating agency that higher welfare spending in the budget just announced would impact India’s upgrade. Fitch’s comment was unexpected and the former minister has claimed to his associates that his “friends” in New York, London, Singapore and Dubai will ensure that Moody’s, Standard & Poor’s, as well as Goldman Sachs will soon issue similar warnings on India. The “October Meltdown” cabal expects these coming negative international comments by the very agencies that the Narendra Modi government is showcasing as his boosters, to spook financial markets.

In the weeks before the Union Budget was presented, reports appeared about likely measures, including a tax on long-term capital gains. In the past in many cases, were a report about a proposed budgetary measure to get revealed in the media, that step would have been cancelled, but in the case of the 2018-19 Union Budget, the government has gone ahead with the announcement of a tax on long-term capital gains despite media reports forecasting exactly such a move. “The cabal was confident that the measure would be introduced despite the media reports. They however advised unsuspecting clients to buy stocks.” The stocks bought during the pre-budget period by retail investors were in large part those being offloaded at the same time by the 31 brokers and other financial players behind the “October Meltdown” cabal led by the former UPA-era minister, who interestingly was the same individual who got planted the fake news report about a “coup attempt” by the then Chief of the Army Staff, General V.K. Singh. “The very brokers who advised unwary clients to buy were themselves at the same time short-selling their own stock through proprietary and offshore accounts, including those controlled by the former minister and his kin.” As all such transactions are taking place through the FII route and anyway official agencies seem to be looking the other way, officials say that the “October Meltdown” cabal is confident that they will escape any consequences for the actions they are taking to ensure that retail investors suffer immense financial losses as a consequence of the manipulations indulged in by the gang. “The only problem facing the cabal is that it will cost about Rs 3000 crore to engineer a crash of sufficient proportions.” Those aware of the operation claim that the UPA-era minister is presently willing to spend only Rs 500 crore of his own stash in the operation, but that he has raised another Rs 650 crore from others. An official forecast that the former minister will pony up “as much as Rs 2,000 crore, but only if he is confident that he will get the same rank in a post-poll government as he enjoyed during the UPA period”. A colleague of the official added that the ambitious and brilliant politician from a large state “does not want to be the Subramanian Swamy of the new government, who does the heavy lifting bringing down the image of the rival party and then gets peanuts as reward, the more so as the moves made by him would be carried out in secret, unlike Swamy’s, which were all in the open”.

Many of the senior members of the cabal, including brokerage firms close to the former minister, retain close contact with senior officials and politicians in the present government, several of whom the former minister had assisted while he was in office. Many of the officials who worked closely with the former minister in facilitating his moneymaking operations retain positions of high responsibility in the present government. Once he took charge as Prime Minister, Narendra Modi decided in a statesmanlike gesture to avoid a housecleaning of the bureaucracy by removing those linked to the previous regime. Instead, many such officials have been given honour and respect by the new government, as well as multiple promotions. Unfortunately for Modi, some of these officials have continued their confidential contacts with their previous patrons, and are favourably inclined towards a change in government. The UTI scam that cost millions of small investors their savings played a key role in ensuring the defeat of the BJP in towns and cities across India in 2004. Should there be a stock market crash on the scale planned by the “October Meltdown” cabal headed by the former minister, once again towns and cities across India are likely to vote against the BJP. It may be remembered that in the Gujarat Assembly polls, only a strong showing in urban areas ensured the return to power of the BJP, and this in Modi’s own state. A stock market crash would be sufficient to persuade even Gujarat voters to look elsewhere the next time around.

Note : Given TJ policy of restriction of post to 10,000 characters, the full article can be read in the below link :
https://www.sundayguardianlive.com/news/12638-cabal-plans-october-meltdown-share-prices-rout-bjp

cinderblock

A prominent politician, who was a minister during the Manmohan Singh government, is behind a move by as much as 31 brokerages and international and domestic financial agencies to secretly engineer a meltdown in stock market prices such that market indices lose around half their 2 February level by 1 October 2018. They are working in tandem with a few officials in key ministries, who have lately renewed or expanded their contact with the politician in question in the....

... “The only problem facing the cabal is that it will cost about Rs 3000 crore to engineer a crash of sufficient proportions.”...
3000 crores to engineer 50% crash? :):)

FIIs have net sold ~Rs.5000 cr YTD..and the market has barely moved 5%

I think the opposition is still in the 20th century :)