RuPay Debit Card ?

How many of you have a RuPay Debit Card ? I was just told by the Bank call centre that the RuPay card can't be used for online payments :mad: :mad:

I had a Visa card from union bank earlier. It expired and the new card that they issued was a RuPay card. I didn't know then that it couldn't be used for online payments.

So beware before you accept a RuPay card from any bank.

Another problem that this card gives is that it gets rejected by the ATM 2-3 times before being accepted. "Re-insert card" ..

Thanks for this message .Was unaware of RuPaycards .Will this apply to all other banks as well please?
I don't know, but you should confirm with your bank before accepting this card, even if for free.

TracerBullet

Googling gives many links that say it supports online. See here and here for examples.

Maybe that bank / website has some problem.

Rupay seems interesting if it works. I dont like visa/mastercard. They just take their cut without giving us much. Their security is pathetic and all they do is try to manage fraud rather than making it more secure. Atleast in usa, customers are not liable in case of card theft but not here.

With rupay, it seems they are making some effort to make it more secure and hopefully its implemented nicely. They also seem to have lower transaction costs.

Let us know if you manage to use it.

Googling gives many links that say it supports online. See here and here for examples.

Maybe that bank / website has some problem.

Rupay seems interesting if it works. I dont like visa/mastercard. They just take their cut without giving us much. Their security is pathetic and all they do is try to manage fraud rather than making it more secure. Atleast in usa, customers are not liable in case of card theft but not here.

With rupay, it seems they are making some effort to make it more secure and hopefully its implemented nicely. They also seem to have lower transaction costs.

Let us know if you manage to use it.
Yes, I had read that too. All of it was well advertised, but just today evening I was told by my bank that it is not enabled yet.

manoj2012

On Probation
Waiting for feedback from RuPay card users.
Which Bank RuPay Card You are having .......

Cant say if the problem is bank specific ..... may be RuPay user of other banks may confirm / deny....

On second thoughts ..... if there is so much problems in RuPay Card .... better opt for normal Debit / ATM card.

Bankers will ... anyway .... persuade you to take RuPay cards only....

Cant blame them ...... even with the understaffed / overworked situation .... Modiji have forced unrealistic Jan-Dhan targets on them ..... Bankers .... to show up figures .... will persuade all customers to take RuPay Cards only.

So ...... as a customer .... beware ... if RuPay cards dont work as per your requirement ......... firmly oppose your banker.