Rules from the Masters

Discussion in 'Words of Wisdom' started by ivanboesky, Sep 5, 2006.

1. oilman5

oilman5 Well-Known Member

excellent thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. mnasiru

mnasiru Member

Thanks for these rule, specially last one.

3. cyaninvestment

cyaninvestment New Member

Quite helpful.
    Though i knew few things,but it was good revision.
    I have learn few more good points and i'm very sure it will help me in future.
    Thankx

4. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

thanks a lot.

5. oilman5

oilman5 Well-Known Member

.................................................. .................................................
    1]learn to use charts and technical indicators in a clear, simple and concise manner to improve your trade entries and exits
    2]Further refine your ability to use S&R lines, trend lines, candlesticks, continuation patterns and more.
    3]Learn how to truly understand and use Indicators for what they were designed
    4]Learn how the new cutting edge TotalView.Fibonacci numbers and ratios point to specific turning points in the markets' movements. Learn how to use Retracement, Extension and Projection Analysis to maximize your profits and tightly control the losses
    5]it is essential that you learn effective Stress Management skills.Successful traders, no matter what the financial instrument, have all learned the specific rules to Risk Management, Capital Preservation and Discipline
    6]Setting the trap - how to trade against the masses, with the right tools at the right time.Apply advanced price action analysis to enhance decision making.Consistently identify low risk/high/reward and high probability opportunities

XRAY27 and Catch22 like this.
  6. mbhardwaj82

mbhardwaj82 Member

Found some great quotes from the biggest investors of this era..hope you'll enjoy reading them all :

1) “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case”- Robert G.Allen
    2) "Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas"- Paul Samuelson
    3) “Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy; profit from folly rather than participate in it.” - Warren Buffet
    4) “If investing is entertaining, if you’re having fun, you’re probably not making any money. Good investing is boring” - George Soros
    5) “Know what you own, and know why you own it"- Peter Lynch
    6) “If you are shopping for common stocks, choose them the way you would buy groceries, not the way you would buy perfume”-- Benjamin Graham
    7) “I buy when things are low and no one wants them. I keep them until they go up, and people are crazy to get them”- Hetty Green
    8) "Investing without research is like playing stud poker and never looking at the cards"– Peter Lynch
    9) “I only make mistakes, which I can afford, where I can lift to begin again”- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala
    10) "Successful stocks don't tell you when to sell. When you feel like bragging, it's probably time to sell." - John Neff
    11) "I don't want a lot of good investments; I want a few outstanding ones."- Philip Fisher

lemondew likes this.

7. test123

test123 Banned

All rules are bullshit just written out of boredom.
    There is only 1 side to market that is right side.
    and when can u know it;s rght side U cann;t coz person that has billion of dollar
    will not tell u hey i am buying . u only see 1 big Green candle up move probably got over already.:clap:
    Or gap up and u missed

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  8. mubhakar

mubhakar New Member

help me

Hello all traders,Please help me with a solution

I am staying in bangalore, having laptop and dongle,uses amibroker,
    want to trade outside my staying place, as lot of disturbance at my staying place, where can i go and trade out side i may need pulg point and for MCX
    till night 11pm what to do, i can not change stay place.please all intelligent people help me where i go and trade with a low cost solution?:(:confused:

9. TRADERSM

TRADERSM Member

Re: help me

i am also same problem in tamilnadu

10. Vasish

Vasish New Member

My personal view trading the trend is easy, but when the consolidation/range bound happens we tend to cut short or loose money, so predicting the choppy phase very early is most imp.

Trader987 and umeshmandal like this.