RT Datafeed and Charting Software for Technical Analysis

Hello,

I am new to your forum. Can you please help me/guide me to pin point how do I obtain information on the following queries of mine.

I work for a software company in US which provides real time stock charting software with the Comtex RT datafeed. Direct competitor of eSignal/Amipro and the like, but by far tiny tiny company. But, our customers really like our software and stay with us (many of them have switched from big companies who are in the market for long time).

Going through this forum, I am not quite sure if I see there are vendors who provide such services (instantaneous tick by tick datafeed (from BSE and other exchanges) along with rest of the other intraday data along with Technical Analysis capabilities). Most of the providers seem to be at least partially delayed (at least by a minute or so) or their bid/ask numbers are wrong hence not suitable for day traders.

I read that eSignal/Amipro are in Indian market, but, could not really understand if their RT is really RT for BSE and other exchanges.

So, my real question is if our company was supposed to provide such services:

1) Is there a market for a new tiny company like ours?
2) Who would be the reliable vendor whose datafeed we can use to provide to our customers?

Thanks in advance for pointing me in right direction.

-Bineet

pasha

1) Is there a market for a new tiny company like ours?
2) Who would be the reliable vendor whose datafeed we can use to provide to our customers?
There is always room for any company that provides a quality service at a competitive price.
To be an authorized data reseller, the only data vendor would be NSE/BSE.

Hi Bineet,

I am glad I came across your post on the above subject. I used the E signal RT Data feed for my Advance Get RT Software for 1 year till 31/10/2008. I did not renew it due to the very high cost of E Signals RT data feed. The only Authorized Vendor in India for E Signal RT Live Feed and EOD Auto feed is Viratechindia.com. They are also the authorized reseller for Metastock and use E Signal for data feed.

E Signal RT Data feed, as you probably know, is excellent and reliable with no time lag whatsover. Their data feed covers the Nifty, Bank Nifty and other indices which can be traded. It covers ALL cash stocks in NSE and BSE and ALL Futures in NSE F&O segment. The Time frames cover 1, 3, 5, 13, 15, 30 ,60 min charts as also Daily, Weekly, Monthly. In other words, it covers evrything there is. However, they are not price competitive. In our price sensitive market, as mentioned by fellow member Pasha, I would concur that there is ample scope for your Comtex RT feed for the NSE & BSE. Since you say that people who used E Signal in USA have switched to your Comtex RT Data and have stayed with you, speaks for the quality and reliability of your product.
Regarding choosing a Vendor in India I would rule out those who have their own proprietory data feed like StoxTrend, Soubhagya, for obvious reasons. Regarding Viratech, there may a conflict of interest as they may want to push the more expensive E Signal rather than yours. Pasha suggests using NSE/BSE Data Vendors. Why not contact them and check out the possibility? If I come across some other suitable Vendor to market your RT Live feed , I shall let you know.
I have just got a Metastock 10.1 professional Software (Not from Viratech) and still have my Advance GET RT Software. I am looking carefully for a reliable RT live data feed covering everything that E signal covers in NSE, BSE Cash and Futures. Are you able to provide these? I would be happy to hear from you.

Thanks and Regards.

Ajit

Thank you Pasha for your kind words, and well thought description from Ajitmatthan.

There seems definitely room for our Technical Analysis and Charting software for sure.

We are seriously looking at the prospects. I have few quick questions if anyone of you know:

a) Do you get 'tick data' as well as part of the intraday data?
b) What was the cost of high end service from e-signal in a monthly basis for you Ajitmatthan?
c) Is my understanding correct that the BSE charges $40,000/month for the RT data to vendors? Does that mean I have to get the NSE data separately and would cost separate?

Thanks in advance
Bineet

1) Yes Tick Data is also given with RT Data from E Signal.

2) The subscription is on an Annual basis thru Viratech. It costs Rs 99424.00 per Annum incl of VAT. It covers All NSE BSE and F & O segment. Viratech do not seem to have a Monthly subscription option .

3) Yes I would imagine you would need to pay NSE separately for their Data feed. I have no idea of there charges.

Ajit

TFL

1) Yes Tick Data is also given with RT Data from E Signal.

2) The subscription is on an Annual basis thru Viratech. It costs Rs 99424.00 per Annum incl of VAT. It covers All NSE BSE and F & O segment. Viratech do not seem to have a Monthly subscription option .

3) Yes I would imagine you would need to pay NSE separately for their Data feed. I have no idea of there charges.

Ajit
Monthly option is available from eSignal for that you need to call them directly by phone.
It will be costing around $108 per month.
Payment Method: CreditCard through phone or by website upon request.

You may not be able to redistribute data from other vendors. You can get NSE data from DOTEX International Ltd., a group co. of NSE. They have Lev 1, 2 streaming quotes apart from other snapshot feeds. You may contact [email protected]. Some info I have reg. their delayed feed chgs is below :

Non Real Time(5 Minute Delayed):
- The non real time feed is provided through the Internet on a FTP server
- The feed is a 5 minute delayed feed in binary file format
- Annual Charges:
Capital Market 2,00,000
Futures & Options 2,00,000
Wholesale Debt Market 1,00,000

Non Real Time(2 Minute Delayed):
- The feed is a 2 minute delayed feed in binary file format
- Annual Charges:
Capital Market 6,00,000
Futures & Options 6,00,000

Tel No : 2659 8100 Extn : 2125

All rates above are in INR. The telephone No. is Mumbai. All the above info is about 2 years old. Hope this would be of use.

Last edited:
You may not be able to redistribute data from other vendors. You can get NSE data from DOTEX International Ltd., a group co. of NSE. They have Lev 1, 2 streaming quotes apart from other snapshot feeds. You may contact [email protected]. Some info I have reg. their delayed feed chgs is below :

Non Real Time(5 Minute Delayed):
- The feed is a 5 minute delayed feed in binary file format
- Annual Charges:
Capital Market 2,00,000
Futures & Options 2,00,000
Wholesale Debt Market 1,00,000

Non Real Time(2 Minute Delayed):
- The feed is a 2 minute delayed feed in binary file format
- Annual Charges:
Capital Market 6,00,000
Futures & Options 6,00,000

Tel No : 2659 8100 Extn : 2125

All rates above are in INR. The telephone No. is Mumbai. All the above info is about 2 years old. Hope this would be of use.
Any idea what the charges for a RT feed will be, rather then a delayed feed?

sir
i m using tradestation and advanceget rt ver 1.2 . data feed i m capturing 4rom odin , its working excellent. charges are much less than viratech , if u r intersted u can purchase license