RT Data Feed: Help for a beginner

AceX

Dear All,

I am sincerely looking for that one last word which will make me take the decision to buy from Market Data Provider.

Although, its cheap[for beginners like me, its a godsend], yet I am not really sure if I should be doing this, for inherently, I have heard some 'not so good' reviews of it, from people over here.

But the catch is, I am not finding any satisfactory vendors too, for NSE FNO data feed.:(

All members of traderji [Seniors esp.] please understand my predicament.

My trading capital is small, hence would like to keep my expenses to minimum.I would like least hassles in setting it up, because I am not really a hi-fi techie knowledgeable guy, when there is no help file around :(
[As I am sure, there will be none in this case],:confused:

Hence would like to have

a. Some advice on any better solutions[vis a vis cost]
b. Any knowledgeable person who can help me through this in setting it up.

AceX

P.S: I downloaded the trial version of PIB. My God! was I disappointed. I couldnt connect to anything. All it returned was blank.:(

Help urgently sought for.

though u are not a high fi tech-knowlegable guy.yet u place smiles and faces petty good and speech was impressive.if u are not a big trader than trade in cash market and now a days u get data for cash market for free,though they are a little delayed.
well-o-well lets come to the point,u want good quality live &eod data for cash and futures,at preety competative price,than u need to watch the adds placed in traderji verycarefully.someguy as placed the add of good quality data at very cheap prices.u can contact him once for help.

pakatil

I am using iCharts dot in, RT-Premium which has Futures also along with Cash Scrips. 650.00 PM. Happy with their service.

Also using Religare's RacePro Terminal for Trading. It has charting fecility also.

Cheers

AceX

well-o-well lets come to the point,u want good quality live &eod data for cash and futures,at preety competative price,than u need to watch the adds placed in traderji verycarefully.someguy as placed the add of good quality data at very cheap prices.u can contact him once for help.
The issue is, I am not really sure how well is their services and secondly I guess, they were talking about Market Data Provider...

Anyway, I will keep my eyes open for them, but can you suggest me some names.

[and yeah, placing smileys and having a good figure of speech doesnt qualify sound knowledge in networking stuff]:D

AceX

I am using iCharts dot in, RT-Premium which has Futures also along with Cash Scrips. 650.00 PM. Happy with their service.

Cheers
I was looking for a data feed to interface it with Amibroker... I guess they are giving the entire platform by itself...

And somehow, I am not really that much inclined toward a Java based terminal

Dear All,

I am sincerely looking for that one last word which will make me take the decision to buy from Market Data Provider.

Although, its cheap[for beginners like me, its a godsend], yet I am not really sure if I should be doing this, for inherently, I have heard some 'not so good' reviews of it, from people over here.

But the catch is, I am not finding any satisfactory vendors too, for NSE FNO data feed.:(

All members of traderji [Seniors esp.] please understand my predicament.

My trading capital is small, hence would like to keep my expenses to minimum.I would like least hassles in setting it up, because I am not really a hi-fi techie knowledgeable guy, when there is no help file around :(
[As I am sure, there will be none in this case],:confused:

Hence would like to have

a. Some advice on any better solutions[vis a vis cost]
b. Any knowledgeable person who can help me through this in setting it up.

AceX

P.S: I downloaded the trial version of PIB. My God! was I disappointed. I couldnt connect to anything. All it returned was blank.:(

Help urgently sought for.

yes,you can try market data provider with amibroker,....it is good...first you should keep in mind ...keep your pc neat and clean...(with out virus ...pc hangs ,spyware etc )

don't expect to see sensex and nifty both charts at a time...the limitation is you will not be able to see sensex stocks or indices when you are in nifty mode ...so first you need to to choose which indices and stocks you want to play.

they say you can....but the catch is you have to restart there plugin in required sensex or nifty mode.

so...you have to stick to nify or sensex.

.......some times no feeds or sudden failure of feeds...you always have support through YA H O O messenger ...but never know when it will be corrected..i feel this sort of minor glitches are common with all data vendors.

your pc timing should be in uk settings only...........

when everything is going fine...it is very good...with amibroker, realtime charting.

you will get only 5 days 5mins data charts always....when ever you login in and have to connect to net...you will not get data if your want for future use..(various options available)

Eod day charts can be read with out connecting to net by just starting there dp tool.(for this you have to update eod data everyday...which takes few mins and it is easy)

eod you have means weekly and monthly charts can be view with amibroker easily.

if you are not getting ...rt data ..you have to purify rt data ...this step you should know ...you can solve no data feeds problem by doing this with out contacting support on y a o o messenger.

don't expect that you will get feeds which ever stock you want..sometimes you won't,for this you have to contact support but if you inform them early i am sure you won't find problem.....so any stock means don't believe unless they assure you that they will about that single stock....

they say ...less volumes stocks are not provided...this is something annoying.

see...always remember minor problem of data feeds always with all even with esignal..

aabhi06

Also using Religare's RacePro Terminal for Trading. It has charting fecility also.

Cheers
my self also using icharts- RT Premium.

Alex,
icharts tick by tick data is perfect , RT- Plus- Premium we can see 4 stocks at a time, service is
fine, after all rs - 650.00 pm. its ok.

AceX

yes,you can try market data provider with amibroker,....it is good...first you should keep in mind ...keep your pc neat and clean...(with out virus ...pc hangs ,spyware etc )

don't expect to see sensex and nifty both charts at a time...the limitation is you will not be able to see sensex stocks or indices when you are in nifty mode ...so first you need to to choose which indices and stocks you want to play.

they say you can....but the catch is you have to restart there plugin in required sensex or nifty mode.

so...you have to stick to nify or sensex.

.......some times no feeds or sudden failure of feeds...you always have support through YA H O O messenger ...but never know when it will be corrected..i feel this sort of minor glitches are common with all data vendors.

your pc timing should be in uk settings only...........

when everything is going fine...it is very good...with amibroker, realtime charting.

you will get only 5 days 5mins data charts always....when ever you login in and have to connect to net...you will not get data if your want for future use..(various options available)

Eod day charts can be read with out connecting to net by just starting there dp tool.(for this you have to update eod data everyday...which takes few mins and it is easy)

eod you have means weekly and monthly charts can be view with amibroker easily.

if you are not getting ...rt data ..you have to purify rt data ...this step you should know ...you can solve no data feeds problem by doing this with out contacting support on y a o o messenger.

don't expect that you will get feeds which ever stock you want..sometimes you won't,for this you have to contact support but if you inform them early i am sure you won't find problem.....so any stock means don't believe unless they assure you that they will about that single stock....

they say ...less volumes stocks are not provided...this is something annoying.

see...always remember minor problem of data feeds always with all even with esignal..
Thanks Suba for such a reminder. I think its not worth if I cant see my Rt historical data on Amibroker.

AceX

my self also using icharts- RT Premium.

Alex,
icharts tick by tick data is perfect , RT- Plus- Premium we can see 4 stocks at a time, service is
fine, after all rs - 650.00 pm. its ok.
Aabhi06, can you just brief me about what all indicators and stuff they are allowing?
Are they allowing custom made indicators?

And what is one thing which has irked you.

I guess after such a thing of Market Data guys, I think I am more inclined towards icharts