Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

Snake.Head

Better bridge would be when place orders (regular, CO, OCO) right from AmiBroker,It should place order on upstox.
Be it manual filling order by click on amibroker button or code.....
This bit grey area because this kind of ordering SEBI things as algo trading

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
not a hard deal to get strategy approved.... upstox should think on these lines as well.

neo.mx

After zerodha started charging Rs. 20 for auto square off trades, upstox copied the same model of charging auto square trades.

But upstox forgot that their square off time is 3.15 whereas zerodha's square off time is 3.20.

I was lured to open a demat account with upstox advertising free demat account with no amc. Now they have also introduced amc for demat. If they change their policy so frequently how can a client trust them?

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk

Raj232

It doesnt look like RKSV/ Upstocks /PROstocks are interested in replying to queries on their forum.

Also, there does not seem to be any specific advantage over Zerodha, so I'm not sure why exactly anyone who already has an account with a Discount broker would want to move to RKSV/Upstocks/PROstocks.

Not sure which is the correct name of their brokerage :)
This discount broker may be OK for newbies only who are going in for the 1st time. However 5paisa (IIFL) charges Rs 10 per order instead of Rs 20. :D:D:D

Greetings Upstox Team,

I have the following agenda for discussion.

Question and Answer

QA.1: This is related to Options

I Place a Buy order Nifty Options and it executed. Next step I am placing Stop Loss order and Take Profit order which are still pending to be executed. Which of the followings stands correct?

QA.1.1: Only Net Buy value for Buying Options will deducted from my Account.

QA.1.2: Net Buy Value + Margin amount for short selling options for “Stop Loss” will be deducted from my Account.

QA.1.3: Net Buy Value + Margin amount for short selling options for “Stop Loss” + margin for short selling “Take Profit” will be deducted from my Account.

Please specify your comment if none of the options is correct and discard the Bracket order and Cover order.

QA.2: This is related to Leverage

QA.2.1: Please Provide Leverage values for the following

- Buying Options

- Shorting Options

- Futures

- Equities

QA.3: Hypothetical Scenario

QA.3.1: Assume I am funding 10x in my account.

I bought 2.5x net value of my fund in cash market with Stop Loss and Take Profit Order still pending same as QA.1 how much left in my Account? (Discard the bracket order and cover order)

QA.4: Intraday vs Delivery

Can you please explain this related to Options/Futures/Equities? Always your executives emphasizing on using Delivery for both Intraday and Deliver, then wat’s the use of Intraday Options?

Issues

I have notified these issues to the support team with screenshot, however just wanted to place here for your notification.

Mostly I face following 2 issues upstox pro web

Issue 1: many times in higher time frame 5min, 15min, 30 min bars are missing in the chart

Issue 2: this is related to speed; I noticed happens mid of the day or later and during volatility. When I place any order confirmation window pops up with empty values and on click on confirm nothing gets through. Same as with any window when opening new chart, watch list, positions, it keeps showing that loading image and that’s stopping my trades. May be you need to scale server processing power and memory. (Note: I have I end hardware with high speed net connectivity, also cleared cache didn’t help. So issue from my side is ruled out)

Feedback

Overall upstox pro web is a great upgrade, especially charts and indicators are very useful, however issues needs to be addressed, so that everyone can take full advantage of it.

Best wishes.

cloudTrader

@ RKSV ,

Tomorrow you will be showcasing the fully automated scanner strategy. So does it mean that we as clients will not have to even approve the order as was to be done in the previous scanner working. Something good to imagine but want a confirmation from your side.

Raj232

After zerodha started charging Rs. 20 for auto square off trades, upstox copied the same model of charging auto square trades.

But upstox forgot that their square off time is 3.15 whereas zerodha's square off time is 3.20.

I was lured to open a demat account with upstox advertising free demat account with no amc. Now they have also introduced amc for demat. If they change their policy so frequently how can a client trust them?

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk
Basically I'm not sure what is the USP (unique selling point) of RKSV/UPstocks/Prostocks. What is being offered and what is being worked on is already available in the market. e.g. 5paisa.com from IIFL offers free demat account and Rs 10 per order only. IIFL has been around for 10+ years and very reputed.

They have great scanners for FNO with decent leverage: http://www.indiainfoline.com/markets/derivatives/

RKSV /Upstocks/Prostocks really need to mention clearly what better they have to offer to the customer so that one can open an account with them.

Basically I'm not sure what is the USP (unique selling point) of RKSV/UPstocks/Prostocks. What is being offered and what is being worked on is already available in the market. e.g. 5paisa.com from IIFL offers free demat account and Rs 10 per order only. IIFL has been around for 10+ years and very reputed.

They have great scanners for FNO with decent leverage: http://www.indiainfoline.com/markets/derivatives/

RKSV /Upstocks/Prostocks really need to mention clearly what better they have to offer to the customer so that one can open an account with them.

Hi,

We are sorry for sending a delayed response. As a broking firm we truly respect you for helping us built a great product.

Upstox started a journey 5 years back with an intention to offer cheapest brokerage rates. All our product offered then were offered through third party partners which provided less of a flexibility to traders. This boosted us to build in house trading product based on the feedback received from the users. The biggest pain was advanced charting. This is something we tried to work thoroughly on and got one of the best charting library into the Pro platforms. We started getting requests from the users for placing orders from the chart, and we got that integrated as well. The best part of Pro web platform is it also shows the open orders on the chart to provide a better insight.

Later we received a request to add a feature for placing orders from the chart on MOBILE platforms. Just a week back we have released a new version of Android with the Trade from chart feature. It also helps you to trade, view order and positions and change scrips without leaving the chart. All Pro platforms can be experienced without opening an account. You can just download the app and start using it for analysis.

Many of our users demanded desktop platform for trading. We never had plans of building our own desktop plans as we knew that Pro web could suffice the need. But it would be just a matter of time till we get everything integrated so thought for getting a partnership going with Reliable software and got their best desktop application integrated; FoxTrader.

The new offering was Upstox API. There are trader who have decent knowledge about programming and would want to build their own trading platform or a trading strategy. We received request from them and this is how Upstox developer was released. Adding to the list was bridge to Amibroker which has also been a great thing.

From the first product launched till now it has been 18 months. It has been a great journey as we have implemented feedback received from our users. We still have a long journey to take over and it will just a matter of time. You can visit our product line https://upstox.com/products/

The best part from the prospect of a user is this all comes at just Rs. 20/-. Also no brokerage on equity delivery trades. We have been always transparent with the charges and taxes through our brokerage calculator https://upstox.com/tools-and-calculators/brokerage-calculator/

To keep the customers close to each other we have built a forum which is available here https://upstox.com/forum/

We are thankful for instilling the faith in Upstox.

iTrade

Hi,

We are sorry for sending a delayed response. As a broking firm we truly respect you for helping us built a great product.

Upstox started a journey 5 years back with an intention to offer cheapest brokerage rates. All our product offered then were offered through third party partners which provided less of a flexibility to traders. This boosted us to build in house trading product based on the feedback received from the users. The biggest pain was advanced charting. This is something we tried to work thoroughly on and got one of the best charting library into the Pro platforms. We started getting requests from the users for placing orders from the chart, and we got that integrated as well. The best part of Pro web platform is it also shows the open orders on the chart to provide a better insight.

Later we received a request to add a feature for placing orders from the chart on MOBILE platforms. Just a week back we have released a new version of Android with the Trade from chart feature. It also helps you to trade, view order and positions and change scrips without leaving the chart. All Pro platforms can be experienced without opening an account. You can just download the app and start using it for analysis.

Many of our users demanded desktop platform for trading. We never had plans of building our own desktop plans as we knew that Pro web could suffice the need. But it would be just a matter of time till we get everything integrated so thought for getting a partnership going with Reliable software and got their best desktop application integrated; FoxTrader.

The new offering was Upstox API. There are trader who have decent knowledge about programming and would want to build their own trading platform or a trading strategy. We received request from them and this is how Upstox developer was released. Adding to the list was bridge to Amibroker which has also been a great thing.

From the first product launched till now it has been 18 months. It has been a great journey as we have implemented feedback received from our users. We still have a long journey to take over and it will just a matter of time. You can visit our product line https://upstox.com/products/

The best part from the prospect of a user is this all comes at just Rs. 20/-. Also no brokerage on equity delivery trades. We have been always transparent with the charges and taxes through our brokerage calculator https://upstox.com/tools-and-calculators/brokerage-calculator/

To keep the customers close to each other we have built a forum which is available here https://upstox.com/forum/

We are thankful for instilling the faith in Upstox.
Everything is good and most welcoming. One suggestion. Your developers/support team does not respond to all queries on the upstox forum. Also, the new updates to libraries break things for existing code. There are no notifications for new updates as well. This is seriously not good in any way. Traders are risking their hard earned money and its your responsibility to ensure that you do not go breaking code and people lose money for your mistakes. Already its tuff to make money in market and losses due to platform/api issues are hell. Pls look into that.

Last edited: